(shouting)

Wario Land 3 - With input from Samus

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: Wario Land 3 - With input from Samus

Post by ano0maly »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago
Of course, some people yelled at me for even putting that info on the flowchart. But one thing I've learned over the course of this LP?
They can stuff it.
I thought the lesson of this LP was that spoiling is bad
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Before I forget, I also used J. J. W. Mezun's website: https://www.warioland3.com/, as a reference for my chart (even though I couldn't copy paste some sprites I would've liked).
I recommend checking that out, it's pretty thorough. One thing of note is a list of treasures, organized by how The Hidden Figure guides you (including after you defeat him the 1st time).
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years agoOf course, some people yelled at me for even putting that info on the flowchart. But one thing I've learned over the course of this LP?
They can stuff it.
You've "learned" that? Has your attitude ever budged even a centimeter from that as your starting position?
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago Of course, some people yelled at me for even putting that info on the flowchart. But one thing I've learned over the course of this LP?
They can stuff it.
What is your response to raocow asking you specifically, at 9:12 in the final video, "Dude learn how to use spoilers? <laughter> Please?"
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Griflion wrote: 5 years ago I'm sorry but this needs to be done. wario_erect.gif
Thank you for your service
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

My attitude probably worsened. Forgive me for being a bit sour.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago My attitude probably worsened. Forgive me for being a bit sour.
You've got to realize that people don't keep ragging on you for this stuff because they want to make you feel bad, they do it because they have some (gradually slimming) hope that you'll start taking their wishes into account when you take actions that affect other people.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

i think being called out in videos not once but twice to stop by raocow is an indicator that you probably should actually try learning
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years agoMy attitude probably worsened. Forgive me for being a bit sour.
What most everyone is saying here is that you constantly spoiled stuff instead of letting raocow discover or not discover these things on his own. Look at the Mega Man thread. I'm sure there have been occasions where things have been spoiled, but most of us will hint at things without outright telling him what he could be doing and when he should be doing it. Things like not telling him stuff led to great moments like "Perfect Edgeboy".

I get that you're excited, and I'm not trying to shut that part down, but understand that it's not cool in a blind run to tell people where to go. That's all we've been saying. Us mods have had to deal with taking care of more in this topic than the rest of the forum for nearly the entire year. I honestly steered clear of the LP for the time being because of this thread getting constantly marked.

Let him play the game his way, use the ispoiler boxes if you really want to spoil something so not everyone sees it, and remember that a first try is never going to be an 100% great run. That's it. That's all everyone has been saying the last month to you. If there is a next thread from you, just try to keep that in mind, okay?
Zach808

Post by Zach808 »

After replaying this game and watching raocow play... I don’t know what to think of this game. It’s certainly more interesting and fun than a lot of really samey 2D platformers Nintendo makes now, but I’m not sure it completely works as a coherent game as a whole. I remember getting frustrated quite a lot as a kid trying to find out where to go, and some levels could’ve really been designed better. This game feels very experimental, like Nintendo wanted to try out everything that came to mind.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years agoMy attitude probably worsened. Forgive me for being a bit sour.
When your reaction to people repeatedly requesting you to stop doing something, with explanations of why you should, is to double down on it, especially after the lper in question has explicitly requested the same, it really doesn't reflect well on you at all you know. You really need to take a step back and employ some serious self-reflection here. I'm not even in the group that thought a lot of what you were called out on were actually spoilers (some definitely were though) but even so the way you've handled that criticism has been subpar at best.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Alice wrote: 5 years ago
I'm not even in the group that thought a lot of what you were called out on were actually spoilers
And this is why I just don't care what a few certain folks think on that topic, anymore. The pendulum can swing too far the other way.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Alice

Post by Alice »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years agoAnd this is why I just don't care what a few certain folks think on that topic, anymore. The pendulum can swing too far the other way.
Okay but when raocow explicitly requests you cut back on it in his videos, not just once but apparently twice, don't you think it's kinda time to step back and re-examine your actions? At that point doubling down is outright disrespectful to raocow.

This is one of those situations where you really need to consider that if everyone including those who don't necessarily disagree with things you were saying, are aligning against you then chances are it's your actions that are the actual problem and not simply a matter of differing or unpopular opinions.

And by continuing to dig your heels in more and more like this you're only creating a situation where people are going to call you out on every single little detail thus completely shitting up any thread which it happens in. And if that situation keeps happening then the moderators, who are already pretty clearly aligned against you, will have to step in and take action. Likely against you rather than everyone else. So it's in your best interest to cut down on this stuff even if you feel you're right simply so you can continue taking part in the community.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Unfortunately that situation was already created.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Alice

Post by Alice »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years agoUnfortunately that situation was already created.
Yes? My point was you can take action to prevent it devolving even worse than it already has.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago
Alice wrote: 5 years ago
I'm not even in the group that thought a lot of what you were called out on were actually spoilers
And this is why I just don't care what a few certain folks think on that topic, anymore. The pendulum can swing too far the other way.
See, the thing is, different people draw the "spoilers" line at different points. As you've seen. Being as adamant as you've been about not using spoiler tags is basically imposing your (very, very liberal) view on where the line is on anyone coming in this thread - and that's just rude as hell. Actually putting things in spoiler tags leaves the choice up to the reader whether they want to see it or not; the message is still there for people who don't mind seeing it, but it's out of plain view for people who do mind. There's literally no downside. That's why everybody's so baffled, frustrated and angry with you for not just taking the considerate option.
(And yes, yes, I know, can't ispoiler a flowchart. I dunno what on there people were griping about beyond "when you can get all the coins" but you really could've just asked raocow if he wanted to know that before just spilling it. Again, take the considerate option.)
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years agoAnd this is why I just don't care what a few certain folks think on that topic, anymore. The pendulum can swing too far the other way.
"I don't care about anyone who disagrees with me because SOME people disagree with me TOO MUCH"
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Ditocoaf wrote: 5 years ago
Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago My attitude probably worsened. Forgive me for being a bit sour.
You've got to realize that people don't keep ragging on you for this stuff because they want to make you feel bad, they do it because they have some (gradually slimming) hope that you'll start taking their wishes into account when you take actions that affect other people.
This. And also what Bean and Zyg said. I didn't *enjoy* coming down on Sebby. But when someone is told something *several times*, by several normal users, *three mods*, and *the one doing the LP itself*, and their only take away from it is "these people can shove it"... It's clear they're just not listening.

I'll be frank: I don't care at all about spoilers, personally. For me, it's the journey, not the destination, that's important in games. However! I know many others don't like anything, gameplay or story, revealed to them prematurely; when they say they want to go in blind, they *mean* it. And it's easy enough to respect that decision by simply using "spoiler" or "ispoiler" tags whenever it even looks like you might be giving something away. I'm sorry, Sebby, if you "don't like how it looks", but despite this being "your thread", it's not *all about you*, and you really do need to respect the wishes of others. Yes, things got heated, but it was only *after* you continued doing the thing you were told countless times *not* to do.

Ultimately, it's over, it's done with, and I'm not going to get on anyone's case any further about this. But *please*, do not let this happen again.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Griflion wrote: 5 years ago Image
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)