(shouting)

Wario Land 3 - With input from Samus

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Ometeotl

Re: Wario Land 3 - With input from Samus

Post by Ometeotl »

tangeruse wrote: 5 years ago Another reminder to J.J.W. Mezun that neither syllables nor characters are at a premium
But how else will he be able to afford upside down question marks and exclamation points for his strictly English posts?
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Jesuiscontent wrote: 5 years ago
Leet wrote: Far less consequential than things that get thrown out immediately in the mega man thread with no questioning
Use the report button. If you believe we follow every single thread of this forum I have bad news for you
I didn't mean it was your fault... it's just something I noticed that people care about them more for wl3 than for mega man. (which makes sense given their LPs respective structures.)
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Well, people do extensively use spoiler tags in ATMM, despite occasional carelessness (some of which are called out).

To answer Sebby. Even if it's not the path raocow takes, at least wait until after he plays the Temple level before posting about what comes after it. It's still spoilers for other people. If he or other people want to find out what happens in that scenario, they'll open the spoiler tag and read it. In short, use spoiler tags if it takes place in the future.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Huh?

The Hidden Figure never goes back to giving you hints IIRC. Anytime you enter it after getting all the music boxes triggers the ending. Unless somehow things changed from when I played this back on the GBC and again via emulator.

Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Xenesis
Syogun Changer
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Xenesis »

At this point I hope raocow goes out of his way to avoid any music coin-collecting. It'd just double the length of the LP and it would just end up being a dozen or more episodes of busywork. I personally don't really want to watch like, weeks of what would be equivalent to raocow getting the Dragon Coins every episode, something that's only ever usually included as a one-off during his other LPs for a particularly irksome level.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

If he streamed, I would say do it on stream. But he doesn't, so...
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

what I think I want to do is to wait some time, enough to kind of forget the contents of the levels, and do a seperate 'get all the coins in wario land 3' lp

like yeah it sounds ridiculous but I think it'd be a neat way to revisit the levels and the extras it may contain.
but as part of this particular lp I feel like it'd just be stuffing.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

It may have worked if you sought them out as soon as you could. They would have neatly fallen in with getting whatever 4th treasure is left. But that is an interesting plan you got there, kinda surprised you would LP this game a 2nd time.
So Rao, Do you like the game that much (I thought 4 was your favorite)? Or is the inner-completionist gnawing away at you?

It would have been nice if the game saved the Musical Coins as you got them. But that would be another 200 event flags to keep track of, and I think the ol' GBC cartridge had enough on it's plate already
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

yeah, it's my completionist fighting me trying to direct a good series.

Wario Land 4 is still my favourite. but as I'll be saying in tomorrow morning's video, ever since I got those movement upgrades the game has been feeling a lot better.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

raocow wrote: yeah, it's my completionist fighting me trying to direct a good series.

Wario Land 4 is still my favourite. but as I'll be saying in tomorrow morning's video, ever since I got those movement upgrades the game has been feeling a lot better.
I wonder how you would have felt if you played all the games in reverse order? You would have never known the full moveset from WLII. And then I think the transition from 3>2 would have felt smoother than 2>3
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

raocow when he found out what the GAME room was.
Attachments
spongeb.jpg
spongeb.jpg (28.97 KiB) Viewed 3617 times
ImageImage
J. J. W. Mezun

Post by J. J. W. Mezun »

085. E5 The Warped Void - Blue

Punching in ~
falling Para-Goom...
'Nother day...

086. S6 Above the Clouds - Gray

Twilit skies ~
slimes wake up in their
cloud cavern.

087. S6 Above the Clouds - Red

Sunny clouds ~
splicing bots guard their
cloud houses.

-------------------

That reaction to the "GAME" room. The best part is that it costs money to play, e'en though you don't get anything for playing it. You know you have a letdown bonus when it charges you to use it.

Owl-eyed viewers will notice that "Forest of Fear" & "The Warped Void" have a peculiar symbiotic relation to each other: their treasures only unlock treasures from each other, & 'cept for "Castle of Illusion"'s torch unlocking "Forest of Fear" in the first place, & thus the gray treasure, all their treasures are unlocked by each other.

"Above the Clouds" is like "Bramble Scramble" from Donkey Kong Country 2: while many hate them 'cause o' how hard they are, I have a fondness for them. That it's usually the last level unlocked makes it mo' special. I remember when I 1st played this game I knew

there was a 25th level, since the treasure screen outright tells you there are 100 treasures

, so I'd try to imagine what this elusive

25th

level was for a while.

Also, "Above the Clouds" looks & sounds gorgeous @ night. Too bad as a kid I didn't like to play it @ night 'cause it made it slightly harder to see platforms.

It's interesting that raocow didn't take the bait on the minigolf game. I would always try it while going for the red treasure, always forgetting that it didn't need it.
Last edited by J. J. W. Mezun 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Wenn alle stehen bleiben und anstarren
und sagen, <¿Warum musst du so sein?>,
schaue ich ihnen einfach in die Augen
und sage ihnen, dass ich von Fledermäusen aufgezogen wurde.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

didn't raocow at one point have two treasures for two different reasons in the forest of fear? specifically, the glove was needed to unlock one of them iirc
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I noticed while playing last time that all the levels tend to be easier when it's night-time. And not just because all the Spearheads fall asleep, but I'll explain later near the end.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago didn't raocow at one point have two treasures for two different reasons in the forest of fear? specifically, the glove was needed to unlock one of them iirc
Yeah, if you look at the chart the Red Key Card was explicitly unlocked by the Glove With Super Power II, and implicitly by the Mystery Handle.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago yeah, it's my completionist fighting me trying to direct a good series.

But Wario Land 4 doesn't have

Owl Control

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

this game doesn't have the giant spear man so it's objectively worse than WL2
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Xenesis wrote: At this point I hope raocow goes out of his way to avoid any music coin-collecting. It'd just double the length of the LP and it would just end up being a dozen or more episodes of busywork. I personally don't really want to watch like, weeks of what would be equivalent to raocow getting the Dragon Coins every episode, something that's only ever usually included as a one-off during his other LPs for a particularly irksome level.
raocow wrote: 5 years ago what I think I want to do is to wait some time, enough to kind of forget the contents of the levels, and do a seperate 'get all the coins in wario land 3' lp

like yeah it sounds ridiculous but I think it'd be a neat way to revisit the levels and the extras it may contain.
I really strongly advocate the middle-ground of "get all the coins in one level just to see what it's like". Getting all of them is probably bad LP footage (even as a separate LP), ignoring it entirely is a shame.

Just choose your favorite level (though earlier is better for pacing reasons, it'd be weird to do it JUST before the boss) and explore it up one day as a change of pace.
Implo

Post by Implo »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago what I think I want to do is to wait some time, enough to kind of forget the contents of the levels, and do a seperate 'get all the coins in wario land 3' lp

I agree with you. That's ridiculous idea. Most Music coins require you to have knowledge about gimmick of this game. The hardest coins to spot require to have a knowledge about the ways of hiding stuff in this game. If you wait few years, you will forget all about this. It's not like they will be super easy to find now, but after few years it can be nearly impossible. That's why I see only three logical choices for you:

1. Do them now.

2. After few years replay the whole game again (100 chests) and then get all Music Coins.

3. Don't try to get them at all.

Yours way of doing these Music Coins will be just painful to watch and will end with people screaming at the screen while watching you.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I consider

the Volcano's Base

the easiest 8 coins level in the game, personally.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I'm really not sure why you spoilered that, since it's your opinion on an old level. But I do agree, since it's the only mid-game level where you can do that, compared to the rest, where it's all end game.

I'm not sure why everyone says it would be boring and tedious to watch. raocow does have the magic of editing. I'd assume he would edit things like a Dragon-Coin run.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Haven't been able to predict what raocow would get in a long time.

If rao decides and do just 1 level like the poll suggests, I recommend he NOT make the Grasslands that level. That has the worst one to find.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Aqualakitu

Post by Aqualakitu »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago I'm not sure why everyone says it would be boring and tedious to watch. raocow does have the magic of editing. I'd assume he would edit things like a Dragon-Coin run.
I think the problem with that is, that it's more exciting to see a blind run of something. The first run is good since you get to see him react to the level design so there's a lot to comment on. Running through the level and searching for the one corner he's not seen yet could lead to a run that's either mostly repeat content because we've seen most of the levels already, or chopped up into tiny segments when he does bump into something new that'll feel kinda disjointed and hard to commentate.
That's why I'm not sure the back and forth of looking for all of them would be worth it both for us to watch and him to play.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Wario Land 3 - With input form Samus

Post by Awoo »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago this game doesn't have the giant spear man so it's objectively worse than WL2
This.
Wario Land 2 has become my favorite, especially since it's way more fun to collect coins than it is in Wario Land 3 and I love collecting coins

Out of curiosity, how many chests has raocow unlocked at this point?

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image