(shouting)

Wario Land 3 - With input from Samus

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Sebby19

Re: Wario Land 3 - With input from Samus

Post by Sebby19 »

Nimono wrote: 5 years ago I don't believe you on this- you stated just a few days ago you REALLY wanted raocow to play the remaining treasures in a specific way, just so the graph would be easier for you.

There are NO reused treasures in WL3, though, so you already have a ton of unique pieces. What you COULD do is put a little icon in the corner of them saying something like "Ep.21", which would make it clear which episode it was collected in
1st point: I would have liked him to go to the temple, before he get's any treasures that are past the Hidden Figure. When that time comes, I wanted to replace the Hidden Figure's image with something else that larger, and doesn't look good shrunken.
But after thinking about it, I've figured out a way make it work, either way now.

2nd point: By pieces, I meant all the blue background stuff. Your example had #s beside the boxes. But as for putting Ep. #s inside the boxes... it doesn't look as clean to me. Clutter things up.

But anyways, home now, time to work on the chart...
Ditocoaf wrote:And his version is easier to read than the one on the wiki someone linked to earlier.
And now everything I've done is worth it. Thankyou, that put a smile on my face. I do want to talk about and compare the chart on Gamefaqs, but I want to save that for later.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

The worst of The MESS is over
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Story Time! With Wario Land 3!
Bank and forth...
With the warps out of the way, Wario finds in the 'back' (if you can call it that) of this warped place, a jar of Demon's Blood. Uhmmm, ookkkaaay then! Remembering a suspicious lack of the undead around the graveyard located in Forest of Fear, Wario figures he can attract some zombies if he pours the blood on the yard. Then he can become Zombie Wario and access the Blue Key Card. The accompanying Red Key Card is also in this forest, but can only be reached by lifting and a Hammer-bot, which he can only do if he looks into a different sequence of treasures.
With both key cards in hand, Wario heads back to The Warped Void, hopefully for the last time. There must be something good at the end of this. The cards open up a strange device above the entrance, releasing... a measley Para-Goom?
Working through the Treasure Horde...
In a lone building in the Town in Chaos, Wario finally finds the Right Golden Snake Eye. Along with the left eye he got WAY back, Wario finally opens another snake door in the Tower Revival, finally taking him all the way to the top. The door to the roof may be locked, but fortunately, the Sky Key is right nearby. Opening the door to the roof, Wario climbs out to see Above the Clouds, the last area! There must be some really valuable treasure floating in those clouds! The Hidden Figure can wait!
I like to nickname the Sky Key, the Key to the Postgame
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago
2nd point: By pieces, I meant all the blue background stuff. Your example had #s beside the boxes. But as for putting Ep. #s inside the boxes... it doesn't look as clean to me. Clutter things up.
But no one would be having issues with the chart if there was something that indicates the ordering somehow. It's fine to have a chart but it would help to have an episode list with it. This is why tangeruse is maintaining a separate list.

If you just make a simple list with links, then you wouldn't need to embed links in the icons in the first place, which means you can have a single picture to update for each video rather than multiple pieces. Which means it won't break on mobile.
J. J. W. Mezun

Post by J. J. W. Mezun »

082. S3 Tower of Revival - Blue

Stormy night ~
all the way to the sky,
quaking...

083. E5 The Warped Void - Green

Green morning ~
carries barrels 'way,
the rumbling...

084. E7 Forest of Fear - Blue

Chilly night ~
curls up to me for warmth,
zombies.

-------------------

You don't need to apologize to "A Town in Chaos", raocow: I love this game, & I think that treasure sucks. Though I agree with Dragon Fogel that it's not a tricky puzzle, per se: it's just that if you make a slight error when falling on the donut blocks, you have to redo a bunch o' filler an extra time, in addition to having to do it all 'gain to go back up for the chest. A tricky puzzle would actually be fun.
BobisOnlyBob wrote: 5 years agoIt's manually maintained. I've put together a lot of them, but none this past month or so.
¿raocow.com is manually updated? There may be a way to programmatically get the data from YouTube, 'specially if you can get an RSS feed from it, which YouTube claims you can. I'm not sure 'bout getting playlist info, though, which you would probably need to link videos to their respective series.

Also, I just noticed: the footer o' raocow.com still says © 2017.

While I've criticized "Tower of Revival", I do like its focus on height, & think having to time climbing gainst the Smashers is a clever puzzle. But the very end is such a buzzkill: not only are Brrr Bears & Silkies both o'erused in this game, ¡the blue chest isn't e'en @ the top, but @ the bottom o' the room!

I did always like how the treasure feels connected to this level, implying that you're unlocking a door near the top o' the tower that leads to cloud town.

As it happens, "The Warped Void" has its own version o' the "dodge the earthquake" puzzle, but a horizontal version. It's clever & new, but wouldn't fit the theme @ all if they didn't use the warp pudding to make you disoriented. As a kid I always thought 'twas cool, breaking the throw-block wall so I could go through it from a different direction.

I also liked "Forest of Fear"'s zombie puzzle, which is basically "A Town in Chaos"'s red treasure, but not done terribly, & shows "Forest of Fear"'s adeptness @ staying cohesive to its spooky woods theme. ( Meanwhile, "A Town in Chaos" has spooky music that makes it seem like a haunted level, but then only has zombies relevant for 1 treasure, & then drops the occult theme for a bunch o' switch-room puzzles unwisely saved from the reject bin & a fan room ).

Pretty good treasures to wash out the mouth from that "A Town in Chaos" green treasure.
Last edited by J. J. W. Mezun 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Wenn alle stehen bleiben und anstarren
und sagen, <¿Warum musst du so sein?>,
schaue ich ihnen einfach in die Augen
und sage ihnen, dass ich von Fledermäusen aufgezogen wurde.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

J. J. W. Mezun wrote: 5 years ago¿raocow.com is manually updated? There may be a way to programmatically get the data from YouTube, 'specially if you can get an RSS feed from it, which YouTube claims you can. I'm not sure 'bout getting playlist info, though, which you would probably need to link videos to their respective series.
I believe it already automatically adds raocow's new videos to the site but sorting them has to be done manually.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

So you're saving the Temple for the end. Fine. Then I'll mention what happens after, if you were go and beat the game now:
-Levels with treasures available now flash on the overworld.
-The Hidden Figure reverts back to giving hints on where to go, starting with the earliest missed treasure. Only by getting all 100 treasures, are you allowed to 'beat the game' again.

Since you answered that question, here's another: Are you going for all musical coins? If you are, you've been able to for a while. You've unlocked all 25 levels.
There IS a reward. And sometimes you're missing chunks of levels.
Last edited by Sebby19 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago There IS a reward.

It's more golf. Please stop pushing this.

SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 5 years ago

It's more golf. Please stop pushing this.

I mean, raocow should at least know, and he can decide on whether or not re wants to actually do it or not (or if he'll play on someone else's save to show it off).

Regardless of what people think, raocow should at least know, and it should be up to him.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Aqualakitu

Post by Aqualakitu »

J. J. W. Mezun wrote: 5 years ago not only are Brrr Bears & Silkies both o'erused in this game, ¡the blue chest isn't e'en @ the top, but @ the bottom o' the room!
Ease it up a little on the poor punctuation, it makes things harder to read rather than being great for emphasis. But I do entirely agree, and I think the main problem there is not iterating on these enemies a lot. The caterpillars are basically always in Z shaped rooms that bounce you back and forth to the bottom with basically no consequence and it's even very similar to the fire guys mechanically. Not many places where enemy positioning is used more creatively.
I'd generally say the level design in the game gets more interesting the further you get though, ignoring stuff like the Town in Chaos treasure we had there's some more intricate stuff towards the end that feels more rewarding to do and figure out. But man did I always hate the yoku-clouds. Patterns of disappearing blocks in a vertical level? No thanks.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

SAJewers wrote: 5 years ago I mean, raocow should at least know, and he can decide on whether or not re wants to actually do it or not.
The reward is even more golf.
Last edited by BobisOnlyBob 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Post by tangy »

Another reminder to J.J.W. Mezun that neither syllables nor characters are at a premium
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Then why do they charge for vowels on Wheel of Fortune?

Also yeah I'm pretty sure I've never seen this cloud level before.
Implo

Post by Implo »

Above the Clouds is probably the most annoying level in the game. These vanishing and reappearing clouds are really annoying. I had really hard time with it. Around third chest, I learned timing, so it wasn't that hard. But stress from falling all way down remains. I'm not surprised that raocow has very little problem with it. After all these SMW hacks like VIPs or Megaman Yoku blocks, this stuff is easy for him.

The room with laser bots is another thing I don't like and I got stuck there for 10 min. Really annoying.

And there is also golf room. And of course I played it when I entered the level. And then figuring out playing golf was unnecessary. That's a trap for beginners like me. And I felt for these like three times. Really nasty trap.

The reward for the crayons is amazing. Golf special challenge. I'm waiting for golf session video. It may not be fun to play it, but it always fun to watch somebody else play it.
Sebby19 wrote: Since you answered that question, here's another: Are you going for all musical coins? If you are, you've been able to for a while. You've unlocked all 25 levels.
In case raocow will decide to collect all Music Coins, I wander how are you going to put links to these videos into your flowchart?
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago Since you answered that question, here's another: Are you going for all musical coins? If you are, you've been able to for a while. You've unlocked all 25 levels.
Dude, you literally made a poll with some passive-aggressive options about whether or not we think he should go for the coins and out of 63 votes, 57 people say he should either give it a try and decide for himself or not do it at all. Your desire is in the vast minority according to your own poll.

Please stop trying to strong-arm this LP to fit your wishes and let raocow play the game how he chooses.
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

Above the Clouds has my favorite music in the game <3

I enjoy how utterly "secret" the level is, even compared to Forest of Fear and Warped Void! It's usually the very last level unlocked, and it takes a good few treasures to get to it! I agree with Sebby's sentiment on the key that unlocks it- it's odd, but it really feels like "the postgame" to me even though it's really technically not. Forest of Fear and Warped Void feel like bonuses- Above the Clouds feels like a finale to me. I guess it's the music? *shrug* Either way, my favorite level in the game. <3
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Post by tangy »

ouch!
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

so that's the first time I think someone got banned during a game they where hosting. that's kinda funny.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

rip the flowchart but tbh not surprised it happened

when you get called out directly in a video and still don't stop it's clear you're not ever gonna listen to advice or warnings lol
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Are those really spoilers? He specifically said 2 things that won't be happening in this LP because of the route raocow is taking
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Far less consequential than things that get thrown out immediately in the mega man thread with no questioning
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Ashan wrote: Are those really spoilers? He specifically said 2 things that won't be happening in this LP because of the route raocow is taking

Yes they are, we don't know what raocow will actually do. Besides, why post that now and not when the lp is over, and why not use the goddamned spoiler tags??? Also, this was like the 15th Sebby post reported since the start of this LP.

Leet wrote: Far less consequential than things that get thrown out immediately in the mega man thread with no questioning
Use the report button. If you believe we follow every single thread of this forum I have bad news for you

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Jesuiscontent wrote: 5 years ago
Ashan wrote: Are those really spoilers? He specifically said 2 things that won't be happening in this LP because of the route raocow is taking

Yes they are, we don't know what raocow will actually do. Besides, why post that now and not when the lp is over, and why not use the goddamned spoiler tags??? Also, this was like the 15th Sebby post reported since the start of this LP.

Leet wrote: Far less consequential than things that get thrown out immediately in the mega man thread with no questioning
Use the report button. If you believe we follow every single thread of this forum I have bad news for you
Also worth noting that most people don't reach this level when they see anything that could qualify as spoilers.
TeenageRobot_telescoping.jpg
TeenageRobot_telescoping.jpg (20.33 KiB) Viewed 4133 times
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Uhm, Jesuiscontent. We do know what rao is going to do. He said he's saving The Temple for the very end. Right near the beginning of the video. Otherwise, I have the same question as Ashan.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica