(shouting)

Wario Land 3 - With input from Samus

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Sebby19

Re: Wario Land 3 - With input from Samus

Post by Sebby19 »

A repeat of the OC post. This will also get updated at the same time.

Edit by Bean: No. You can keep the poster on the first page, but don't post it over and over again. It's too large.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Story Time! With Wario Land 3!
Working through the Treasure Horde...
Nearly at the top of the tall tower is Secret Path to Crater Map. It points out a non-obvious path up the volcano, from behind the castle to The East Crater. This is similar to the crater on the west side, though not as hot since there is an opening way at the top. Wario will have to borough his way down to the fiery bottom, because laying in waiting is the Glove with Superpower II, letting Wario regain the ability lift heavier enemies, and throw them! With is even a little better than last time, as it took him longer to lift some of Captain Syrup's bigger goons!
That's it! That's all of Wario's lost abilities (and then some!). No treasure or Musical Coin should be just out reach now.
Feeling stronger than ever, now has a choice to back to either A Town in Chaos, Castle of Illusions, or The Forest of Fear, and destroy some throw blocks that had no small enemies nearby. He first chooses the castle, since it's right nearby. Bouncing up into one of it's tower, he finds some Magical Powder. Sprinkling some in front of that one creepy tree in Out of the Woods, it opens it's mouth in shock to it's smell. And due to the powder being magic, the tree is now stuck like that. This let's Wario go and climb the inside, and claim the forest's last treasure at the top:
FPzero wrote: 5 years ago And that's why he's not gonna check what you're telling him to do lol.
Yup
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Why?
Implo

Post by Implo »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago A repeat of the OC post. This will also get updated at the same time.
2 questions:

1. Why did you repeat the whole flowchart in this post? There is full flowchart in the first post. Remember? So, what's the point?

2. About final power-up - you wrote that with this item raocow can get all Coins. But that's not true. There is still few paths to open in the levels and a level to unlock.
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago And there's doing the exact same thing, over and over, expecting different results.
Y'know, the definition of insanity?
Emphasis on exact. As in, 100% exact same parameters. It doesn't count as insanity unless all observable and influential factors/parameters/what have you are exactly the same across several attempts.

For accurate trial science, someone can (and should) change one parameter per given attempts by a very subtle amount and see how the results differ.
video games
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Implo wrote: 5 years ago 2. About final power-up - you wrote that with this item raocow can get all Coins. But that's not true. There is still few paths to open in the levels and a level to unlock.
Granted, all treasures should be accessible at the same time in order the coins to be attainable too. But that fact is obvious, and I didn't room to write all that. But the 2nd glove is the clincher, as there have been a few levels where all 4 treasures could be gotten, but a couple times a single coin has been behind some strong underwater current, or behind throw blocks with nothing small to throw.
Mandew wrote: Emphasis on exact. As in, 100% exact same parameters. It doesn't count as insanity unless all observable and influential factors/parameters/what have you are exactly the same across several attempts.

For accurate trial science, someone can (and should) change one parameter per given attempts by a very subtle amount and see how the results differ.
But everything raocow was trying was just bumping the Hammer-bot into the Throw blocks. And by this point of the game, he should know all is available options is to either: Crush, Shoulder bash, stun, or bump.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago But everything raocow was trying was just bumping the Hammer-bot into the Throw blocks. And by this point of the game, he should know all is available options is to either: Crush, Shoulder bash, stun, or bump.
who cares
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago I wouldn't consider my demand 'helping'.
Is this finally some self-awareness?
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

sebby was right, this was mean.

removed
Last edited by Grounder 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Griflion
I'm gonna chomp ya!

Post by Griflion »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago A repeat of the OC post. This will also get updated at the same time.
So why was this necessary? Your small snippets should be enough and anyone who is interested how it looks in the big flow chart will look at the OC post after seeing the snippets, or they're waiting until the game is finished.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Hey guys just wanted to show you my top 5 pictures of buildings
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

One of your 5 images is broken, so there are only 4 images of big buildings. you have broken your verbal contract.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

They all work for me, but here's a bonus one in case other people are only seeing 4
J. J. W. Mezun

Post by J. J. W. Mezun »

072. S3 Tower of Revival - Green

Storming night ~
apples taunting me
on steel wire.

073. E6 The East Crater - Gray

Smoky rocks ~
also goes back & forth,
burnt toad.

074. E3 Castle of Illusions - Green

Peaceful night ~
hopping with vigor,
hammer guard.

-------------------

I agree that having to do the fire section @ the beginning o' the "Tower of Revival" for every treasure is cumbersome padding. That's the problem with that level: it's a rather linear level that works challenge to challenge in a game that's built for nonlinear levels you go through multiple times. Such a level would fit better in Wario Land II.

The green treasure also feels like padding. Its only novelty is an easier method o' getting to the red key room & bouncing as a spring, something you've done before plenty o' times. The red treasure, 'specially requiring the zombie sunlight puzzle, was much better. This level's chests all being near each other also feels like it requires mo' repeated actions than "Beneath the Waves's", but thankfully not as much or as cumbersome as the "Tower of Revival" fire puzzle.

"The East Crater's" treasure is clever, though.

Nowhere else do you have to ground pound to make a Prince Froggie rise so you can use it as a platform to reach a cliff

Last edited by J. J. W. Mezun 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Wenn alle stehen bleiben und anstarren
und sagen, <¿Warum musst du so sein?>,
schaue ich ihnen einfach in die Augen
und sage ihnen, dass ich von Fledermäusen aufgezogen wurde.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

The purpose was so I wouldn't have to put small snippets of the chart for a little bit (and if rao plays a certain way, they won't be small). But everyone is just wasting space now.

That said, I did have a good chuckle at the images of skyscrapers. That's some smart gentle mocking.
Last edited by Sebby19 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

What do you mean you're not going to have to post small snippets? Are you just gonna update the image at the top of the page instead? That seems a lot less convenient for us thread readers. As for the comment about how the way raocow's playing might make more trouble for you posting daily images, all I can say to that is that you've kind of asked for it. Like, you chose to undertake this big image posting as part of the thread. It's up to you to follow along with whatever direction he decides to play whether or not the path he takes is convenient for you instead of hoping he'll follow whatever path you'd like him to.

In short, I'd rather just have the daily small snippets with the full image always on page 1 in the OP instead of you reposting it every time you happen to secure the top of the page for a new post.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

It's almost like this is a thread for an LP and not an LP for a thread
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years agoA repeat of the OC post. This will also get updated at the same time.
I'm not touching the poster on the first page, but it's too much to be posting over and over again. Just use the map snippets like you have been, please.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

I do not get the point of the flowchart at all because the watch order is totally non-indicative. Also it keeps breaking depending on which browser I'm in and is totally useless on mobile.

On the actual topic of the game, I'm glad the full movement set is finally unlocked, but how much of the game is actually left? He already has four music boxes - is there extensive content after the 5th?
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 5 years ago I do not get the point of the flowchart at all because the watch order is totally non-indicative. Also it keeps breaking depending on which browser I'm in and is totally useless on mobile.

On the actual topic of the game, I'm glad the full movement set is finally unlocked, but how much of the game is actually left? He already has four music boxes - is there extensive content after the 5th?
Someone upthread said that if you just follow the critical path as the temple hints indicate (not going for treasures that don't unlock anything), you'll get the fifth box as something like your 60th treasure of 100. I don't know where the fifth box is, could be that raocow gets it today, could be in three days, but either way there's probably a bunch of stuff to clean up afterwards.
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

I think the chart is really neat, even if it only works on browser. It's nice if I think of a certain treasure and wonder how raocow got it. That said, there's really no need to post the full thing once a page. People aren't going to forget to just go to first post if they want to see it.

I completely don't remember if there are going to be more Wario games on this channel after this, since raocow already beat 4. I know there are more Wario Lands, but I wonder if this is the last we'll see from raocow.
Implo

Post by Implo »

First of all, raocow is wrong, Forest of Fear isn't first instance of getting two chests at once. Remember Desert Ruins at the very beginning of the game? That was the first time. Also further you are in the game, more often you can do a pair of chests.

As for second chest in Forest of Fear - this one is my favorite. Bat gimmick combined with garlic and 1F0 tiles. That was great. It requires some amount of skill, but isn't super precise. That's why this is my favorite level in the game.

Also a little off-topic question. Yesterday I tried playing Master Quest hack, but I have problem with patching. I used Floating IPS to patch GBC rom and it changed into SMC file (like for SNES). I tried both emulators and it doesn't work. Could somebody tell me what am I doing wrong?
J. J. W. Mezun

Post by J. J. W. Mezun »

075. E7 Forest of Fear - Red

Foggy morn ~
in deep woods, creaking,
hammer bot.

076. E7 Forest of Fear - Green

Foggy night ~
vampire bats shiver,
garlic cloves.

077. E5 The Warped Void - Red

Funky day ~
dancing back & forth,
neon goop.

-------------------
Paragraph wrote: 5 years agoSomeone upthread said that if you just follow the critical path as the temple hints indicate (not going for treasures that don't unlock anything), you'll get the fifth box as something like your 60th treasure of 100.
It's the 48th treasure if you follow "The Temple" route, which involves skipping all unnecessary treasures.

raocow manages to o'ercomplicate puzzle o' waiting as enemy gets to end while dodging birds, but still pulls it off. ¡Neat!
Implo wrote: 5 years agoAs for second chest in Forest of Fear - this one is my favorite. Bat gimmick combined with garlic and 1F0 tiles. That was great. It requires some amount of skill, but isn't super precise. That's why this is my favorite level in the game.
I, too, like this treasure for its uniqueness.

Nowhere else in this game do you find garlic dodging & platforms only enemies can walk on. I also don't think dodging bats while holding an enemy is used much.

With the use o' the vampire, zombies, & e'en birds in this level, "Forest of Fear" has a cohesiveness round its spooky theme, perfect for this time o' year, that isn't as prevalent in other levels. Though that red treasure felt kind o' thrown in: ¿why is there this random robot in the middle o' my haunted woods? Though I guess climbing boughs does fit a forest theme.

The warp goo in "The Warped Void"

also doesn't appear anywhere else in this game.

Those who watched the Wario Land 4 LP should recognize it also being used in a bonus room in Wario Land 4.
Last edited by J. J. W. Mezun 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Wenn alle stehen bleiben und anstarren
und sagen, <¿Warum musst du so sein?>,
schaue ich ihnen einfach in die Augen
und sage ihnen, dass ich von Fledermäusen aufgezogen wurde.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

freshtalk wrote: 5 years agoI completely don't remember if there are going to be more Wario games on this channel after this, since raocow already beat 4. I know there are more Wario Lands, but I wonder if this is the last we'll see from raocow.
There's Wario World on Gamecube, that was a weird one.
Wario: Master of Disguise is probably a no-go since it requires on-the-fly touchscreen use. And I don't remember how much Wario Land: Shake It required motion controls outside of the Wiimote waggling, but if that was all for motion controls and it could be mapped to a button, that might be doable
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

There's a very special Wario Land game raocow will be playing, but if you don't wanna know, don't look at the coming up next list!