(shouting)

Wario Land 3 - With input from Samus

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Re: Wario Land 3 - With input from Samus

Post by Ashan »

Turns out this doesn't work great when you've got your window squished
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

then unzoom

jk jk but :shrug:
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Um, while the flowchart with links is an interesting idea, it does mean that by the end of the LP the first post is probably going to have upwards of 300 images hotlinked into it judging by how you've had to crop everything in order to get those clickable images. Just something to keep in mind. Ometeotl's Kirby's Adventure OP wasn't as heavy because it was just a big vertical list. So I'm not saying it won't be neat in the end, but it may get image intensive.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

That chart is pretty cool! I especially like that there's just one question mark to represent "one or more other items branch here", so you can see where there's still stuff to find but not how much.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Thanks everyone who've like it so far.

@Alice: I actually did think about that, and was going to ask all you guys tomorrow what you want. While it's a little more work for me, I could link each treasure to the a timestamp of the level they are in. Does everything think this is necessary? Would you like it?

@Ashans: I was afraid of what this might look like on mobile. I'm afraid to browse this topic on my 3DS now. As for the width, this is as thin as I could make it. I know what the final image looks like.

I would have liked to update the flowchart as soon as the video posts, but I only have time to just watch the video in the morning, before breakfast and work. So during weekdays the treasure map won't be updated until 10 hours later. Earliest is a half hour after the B-side (Hollow Knight) posts.
I asked Rao if he could switch the A and B sides, just this once, but he didn't want to. Oh well.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I mean the thread index is more for people who are catching up, it's fine if it's not even a full day behind
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

YES! I've been patiently waiting for this ever since you finished Wario Land 2 and now it's finally here
Can't wait for more

OWL CONTROL

and to see what the game looks like, I've never played it myself either and am super excited to see where it goes.

You're the best, raocow!

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

For the record, I'm not gonna be making ytpmvs this time.

Probably.

Maybe.

We'll see.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

Awoo wrote: 5 years ago Can't wait for more

OWL CONTROL

Will there be more of this? I legitimately and unironically am hoping there is.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

Voltgloss wrote: 5 years ago

OWL CONTROL

If the youtube comments are correct, then

yes, there will be more Owl Control

Apparently it has theme music this time, too!

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Awoo wrote:
Voltgloss wrote: 5 years ago

OWL CONTROL

If the youtube comments are correct, then

Yep, basically everything has its own theme music. :3

-
Sebby19 wrote: 5 years agoHere it is! Inspired by what Ometeotl did in the Kirby's Adventure topic. Though this will be more complicated than that. Each treasure that raocow get's in the LP will be added to this flow chart, as he play. Each image of a treasure will be a link to the episode he gets them (so they might be out of order, haha!)

A legend will be added later, when the image grows a bit. I was hoping raocow would have gotten more than 2 treasures today

Good idea, I just hope you don't spoil the few occasions where an unlock of one level allows for multiple treasures to be gotten in the unlocked level. (W1)

-
I wonder if it'd be a good idea to keep track of

where rao has and hasn't gone yet based on what's been unlocked so he never ends up in a situation of having 20+ levels and not knowing where to go next. For instance N1[A] -> N2[A] + N3: N2[A] + ? -> ?? and marking in the levels with the color as he completes them.

Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

^ Maybe, but let's at least give him more than one video before we start worrying about something like that.
Count Mohawk

Post by Count Mohawk »

raocow may want to keep notes of where the treasures he collects allow him to go. The Hidden Figure in The Temple helps, but he'll only remind Wario of one stage at a time. This is important because

once Wario has all 5 Music Boxes collected, the Hidden Figure stops giving hints until after the final boss is cleared. So if raocow doesn't want to fight the final boss before the halfway point of the game (literally - music box #5 is treasure #48 out of 100 if his order is followed exactly), he'll need to follow a secondary flowchart.

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Count Mohawk wrote: 5 years ago raocow may want to keep notes of where the treasures he collects allow him to go. The Hidden Figure in The Temple helps, but he'll only remind Wario of one stage at a time. This is important because

once Wario has all 5 Music Boxes collected, the Hidden Figure stops giving hints until after the final boss is cleared. So if raocow doesn't want to fight the final boss before the halfway point of the game (literally - music box #5 is treasure #48 out of 100 if his order is followed exactly), he'll need to follow a secondary flowchart.

I actually created a flowchart of the entire game one playthrough for funsies (although it's a little messy and probably isn't perfect), and I'm probably not the only one who has something like this prepared, so I'm sure we can give him "Hidden Figure" type comments if he really needs them once he gets that far.

Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Awoo wrote: 5 years ago If the youtube comments are correct, then

Oh man.

If there's one bad memory I have of this game, it's some themes that eventually get really annoying. The owl theme is one of them. The loop is way too short!

pholtos wrote: 5 years agoI wonder if it'd be a good idea to keep track of

where rao has and hasn't gone yet based on what's been unlocked so he never ends up in a situation of having 20+ levels and not knowing where to go next. For instance N1[A] -> N2[A] + N3: N2[A] + ? -> ?? and marking in the levels with the color as he completes them.

The game actually has

multiple tools for this, and I say we should point him to those tools first, even just to see him use them!

1: The Hidden Figure will always tell you a level where you have a gettable treasure.
2: You can re-watch any item's cutscene, which shows you all the levels where it unlocked something.
I think there's yet a third useful thing that I'm forgetting at the moment. It's been a while.

Last edited by Ditocoaf 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

I was so happy to hear Owl Control in today's hollow knight. Perhaps the Owl Control is awaiting us tomorrow!
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Ditocoaf wrote: 5 years agoThe game actually has

multiple tools for this, and I say we should point him to those tools first, even just to see him use them!

1: The Hidden Figure will always tell you a level where you have a gettable treasure.
2: You can re-watch any item's cutscene, which shows you all the levels where it unlocked something.
I think there's yet a third useful thing that I'm forgetting at the moment. It's been a while.

1. Only applies to and will only point to the next story related treasure, and is no longer usable if you get the fifth musicbox.
2. Only applies to the last treasure you got, unless I somehow missed this feature in the many times I've played.
3. The third thing is probably the magnifying glass, which simply shows treasures of that level and whether you got them, which would be useful to find what levels you haven't finished but does not tell you which one you can do.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

he comes

i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

all that complex spoilered text, what is this, la mulana!
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

Leet wrote: 5 years ago all that complex spoilered text, what is this, la mulana!
no it's wa mulana
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago 'The Peaceful Village' changes quite a lot in the night, even how you get the Grey Key. You should duck in and take a look!
Butting in since someone reported this post for unmarked spoilers. And sometimes I actually have to do mod things.

Dude. Let raocow learn things for himself. People *specifically* asked you not to post unmarked spoilers. And it took all of one day for you to do so. raocow doesn't need you holding his hand, and if you want to discuss the finer points of the game with the other people in the thread, those spoiler tags are there for a reason.
J. J. W. Mezun wrote: 5 years agoWall o' text
And... you too, while I'm at it.

Like, I get a lot of people here are excited about the game, but let's try not to ruin it for raocow, hmm? :P
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

100 treasures sure get a lot less intimidating when you realize that all or most of them are going to be divided evenly across about 25 levels
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

i have a feeling we need 60fps
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Erh-hmm

-raocow already noticed the day-night changes, so not a spoiler.
-He has no reason to return to the Peaceful Village naturally, for a while. Let alone regrab the Grey Key.
-Peaceful Village is a standout example of the day-night cycle. Best see it now, than later. But its just a suggestion

I didn't spoiler because none of that IS, in my opinion. People are reading too much into things, jeez.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Since you figured out how to climb off ladders, I should let you know that pressing Down+B lets Wario slide down quickly.

Strangely, for a Wario Game, coins are not very important. The regular ones will only appear randomly when you break any block. The coloured ones are NOT random, they are in specific blocks. Coloured coins are worth 10, and the colour they are matches the Key the are closest to, so use them as hints.
Music Coins are also worth 10.
Last edited by Sebby19 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica