(shouting)

HOLLOW KNIGHT - Blessings

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: HOLLOW KNIGHT - Dreamgate

Post by Awoo »

Hey raocow, how long has it been since you last saw the Grubfather? Might be worth a quick detour since you're at a stag station, considering he'll probably have enough of a reward to replenish the supply you lost a few days ago

Last edited by Awoo 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

apropos of salient Wario Land 3 thread discussion:

can we please keep advice/suggestions within spoiler tags?

thanks.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Suggestions are where I draw the spoiler line.

I feel like at that point they may as well not be posted at all.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Yeah, I saw Awoo's post and briefly thought to reply to him in the WL3 topic, warning him this might happen.

Alas...
Sorry the debate from the WL3 topic bleeding into here. I'm the cause of that.
There should be a real good debate, but this should probably go into some officially-sanctioned topic, away from the games rao is LP'ing.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

I can understand letting raocow know of things that would affect a 100% run/reminding him/correcting stuff, but yes, let's not backseat here.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

Just wanted to apologize for not spoilering that earlier. Don't want to be rude : X

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

I don't think occasional reminders about things he's already seen frequently, like the grubdad, are out of place (although I know he won't go back there unless he's in the area already), it's just when it turns into too much collective pushing and pulling, like that video a week or so back that all the comments were BANK, INSPECT, or SAVE HER and a few other imperatives. That's just rude, y'know?

...that said, I'm almost curious if not having done one of those things for so long will have an impact or not, like the fate of the moss guys overgrown by the orange blobs. I could look it up, but I'd rather see how raocow reacts.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

In today's video, raocow gives someone hope, and then circus happens.

The Grimm Troupe DLC offers some really interesting lore and a new enemy in those kiddy-like flame bearers. They're surprisingly innocent!

...for now. After the first upgrade to Grimmchild, things start getting properly sinister.

Also, that "preggo" bug lady is gonna be vital if you want to get more bang for your knightly buck. Just don't mind the major hoops you have to go through to get that power.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

if you put the pieces together, between the stag's dialogue and the eggshell, the implication is that at least one other stag has been born

anyways ooh boy i guess the LP is gonna get sidetracked on this thing for now.

please don't let raocow try to fight nightmare king grimm without max HP and nail lol,

i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I almost forgot, like raocow did, but he lit some eery red flame some time ago. That must have been the trigger.
I just can't remember where that was anymore.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago

please don't let raocow try to fight nightmare king grimm without max HP and nail lol,

I'm curious to see how regular Grimm goes though. It'll take some time for him to learn it, and lack of shadow dash hurts, but he's quite reasonably beatable

Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

small local town terrorized by group of dancing goths
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

I think eventually there'll have to be some guidance, though there's no need to do it until end game after he's found all the easily locatable stuff and is struggling to make any more progress.

Anyways the I really enjoy how the Grimm Troupe has such a distinct atmosphere from the rest of the game, I guess it works well to show how they're not from Hallownest.
First name: Violet
Pronouns: she/her

Post by 10204307 »

IIRC both of the shopkeepers in Dirtmouth have new dialogue once the Grimm Troupe shows up- Iselda just gave you her "out of stock" speech because that was your first time talking to her after you bought everything.

On a tangentially related note, something interesting happened when I did my 5-hour speedrun playthrough: I went into the map shop near the end of the game, and Cornifer was already sleeping in the back even though I hadn't bought all of the maps or visited all of the areas, and Iselda was selling all of the maps, even the ones for areas I hadn't been to yet. I guess there's some point in the game where Cornifer just automatically goes home?

Iselda does have unique things to say about each map she sells, but it's quite easy to miss if you get all of your maps directly from Cornifer. None of them contain any spoilers, so if you're curious:
Forgotten Crossroads: "A map of the Forgotten Crossroads, the area just below Dirtmouth. Cornifer dragged me down there once. It was an empty, lonely place but still quite impressive."
Greenpath: "A map of Greenpath, a verdant area of Hallownest close to the surface. Apparently the water there is deadly to the touch!"
Fungal Wastes: "A map of Fungal Wastes, an area beneath the Forgotten Crossroads that is choked with fungus. My husband brought some mushrooms back from there and tried to cook them. The stench was hideous!"
City of Tears: "A map of the City of Tears, capital of Hallownest. Does water really fall from above the city? It sounds beautiful..."
Crystal Peak: "A map of Crystal Peak, the huge shining mountain that looms behind Dirtmouth. My husband brought back some crystals from the mines along with the map of this area. What makes them shine so brightly?"
Resting Grounds: "A map of the Resting Grounds, a sacred place not far from the Crossroads. Cornifer told me he found the area serene and calming, but it sounds a bit spooky to me. No thanks."
Royal Waterways: "A map of the Royal Waterways, the pipes and chambers below the City of Tears. It sounds like Cornifer really enjoyed exploring the area, though he was damp and shivering when he returned."
Ancient Basin: "A map of the Ancient Basin, a land buried deep down at the bottom of the world."
Kingdom's Edge: "A map of Kingdom's Edge, all the way out at the end of the world. My husband...He travels to such distant places, while I stay here in town."
Deepnest: "A map of Deepnest, a dark and dangerous area at the bottom of the world. When my husband came back with a map he'd barely filled out I was annoyed, but then I saw how frightened he was! Poor thing."
Fog Canyon: "A map of Fog Canyon, which connects Greenpath to the Fungal Wastes. The air is thick there, so Cornifer found it difficult to find his way. Well, more difficult than he usually does."
Howling Cliffs: "A map of the Howling Cliffs, which look over Dirtmouth. Cornifer told me that the winds got so loud there he couldn't hear himself speak. Which begs the question...Why was he speaking to himself?"
Queen's Gardens: "A map of the Queen's Gardens, a royal sanctuary close to Greenpath. Cornifer sometimes calls me his Queen...Usually only when I'm angry though."
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

It's nice to see Cornifer taking it easy and able to rest after mapping so many areas. Subtle touches like that really give life to this game.

Think raocow will remember the key to the Tower of Love? I wonder what it unlocks

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Grimm's HP is based on number of hits, not health pool so your nail strength doesn't matter. It's pretty bullshit.

Anyway, I have a QoL suggestion for you since you have the dream gate. No content spoilers or anything but I thought I would be respectful and spoiler my suggestion anyway.

Just put on at one of the Stag Stations so you'll never be far from the fast travel system

RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

Ometeotl wrote: 5 years ago

Grimm's HP is based on number of hits, not health pool so your nail strength doesn't matter. It's pretty bullshit.

The Wiki gives NK 1500 health whatever your nail level. Regular Grimm does increase his health from 800 to 1000, but that isn't enough of an increase to offset the upgrades anyway.

Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

I took the warning on the Howling Cliffs edge as a straight-up lack of sapience that manifests if you leave the borders for too long. But apparently there are other buggy civilizations out there with intelligence, as evidenced by these guys.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Ivy wrote: 5 years ago But apparently there are other buggy civilizations out there with intelligence, as evidenced by these guys.
They may not be physically "out there" because they are supernatural and summoned via the red torch, that itself was summoned by using the dream nail on a clown-bug corpse in Kingdom's Edge. So, maybe they did exist, or they're extradimensional dracula satans that aren't usually bug-shaped
RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

Today spacecow dies twice to one of the very easiest bosses in this game, then notices that he's easy and no-hits him.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Fun fact: The Collector's boss theme is a heavily distorted version of the normal boss theme, fitting his crazy nature.

And it's not the only time a leitmotif is going to get twisted.

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Gonna regret not going back to the circus before taking on The Collector tomorrow, probably.

Anyway, he looks like the bug ghost the player has, so that might be how he captured rao's a couple of times.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

While I don't know, I'm assuming the little guy gets poweruped another time. Oh well, I don't think it would have made a difference against the Collector.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

it's a bit more useful than that

i've honestly never played a video game in my life