(shouting)

HOLLOW KNIGHT - Blessings

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Shard1697

Re: HOLLOW KNIGHT - Dreamgate

Post by Shard1697 »

I didn't like wearing the lil guy for the flames because he makes so much noise.
First name: Violet
Pronouns: she/her

Post by 10204307 »

It's really nice that the Collector's Map exists, because some of the grub locations are pretty dang obscure.

If only there was a map for charm locations... I don't think he's ever going to find Fury of the Fallen. Not that it's that useful.

Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

I'm glad you're mixing in regular-game stuff with this DLC sidequest. (It's not getting sidetracked, it's getting temporarily re-main-tracked!) And it keeps there from being 2-3 videos worth of just this one thing.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Interesting how the Collector didn't give any soul when struck (part of the reason why he spawns so many basic enemies, I imagine), as with your own ghost. Plus, appearance-wise he seems to be made of the same stuff as your Regrets. Deep lore...
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Ivy wrote: 5 years agoDeep lore...

Deep indeed. Very deep.

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

just so you know there is another ending to the arc and additional dream boss you missed out on
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

is he locked out of that stuff?
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

SAJewers wrote: 5 years ago is he locked out of that stuff?
Yep, the game (auto)saved.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Did we miss out on some boss fights?

Wish someone told him to duplicate his save
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Question for those that have done what raocow just did and played beyond :

Will Nightmare King Grimm still be in Godhome?

Also raocow you can go to the map in the menu and zoom in, you seem to have forgotten that, you don't need to do the finicky double-tap thingy for the full map.
Last edited by Xirix 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago Did we miss out on some boss fights?

Wish someone told him to duplicate his save
yeah. this is one of the few things where i'd be ok with someone spoiling/backseating.
bbbrrr_it_cold
Always ambivalent, always lurking...
First name: Quagsire

Post by bbbrrr_it_cold »

WELP

As Grounder has pointed out, this is another point where the game gives you an expressly binary option and each has an achievement attached. Though, this time, there's obviously a bit more.
Completing the ritual or banishing the Troupe is another binary choice, and this time it has more implications than just what achievement you get. If you choose to complete the ritual, there is a new tier of Grimkin to fight (they do double damage with their attacks and I hate the one in the hive because it is far too easy to fall into the screen below it). Getting three flames, regardless of whether or not you took the free one, will let you go back and enter the further chamber in Grimm's tent. He sleeps like a bat and, upon Dream Nailing him with your fully flamed Grimmchild, you'll get the chance to fight Nightmare King Grimm. He is faster than Grimm, all of his attacks do double damage, he leaves behind flame trails, and he's considered to be one of the toughest single fights in the game. Beating him nets you the Ritual achievement, and gets you the fully upgraded Grimmchild permanently.
Do note that banishing the troupe means you can no longer interact with Divine to get

the Unbreakable Charms

. However, it does not prevent you from completing the Hunter's Journal or anything else, and you still end up with a charm in that slot regardless.

Also, just like the choice with Zote, NKG appears in the final pantheon of Godhome regardless of your choice, so you don't actually miss out on the fight.

To answer all of the questions about this: No, he is not locked out of the fight.

He's just locked out of a convenient way to have it, since now it HAS to be done in Godhome.

I cannot confirm myself but this is what the internet (including this thread, earlier) has informed me.

In regards to the charm you get...I honestly prefer keeping the Grimmchild. Not that the Carefree Melody charm is bad...I just find that it never goes off as often as I would want, whereas the Grimmchild continues putting in all the work you ask of it.
I have a twitch (where I try to stream most Tuesday and Friday nights): (Don't watch it)
I have a youtube (currently only with stream highlights): (Don't watch it)
I have a twitter (where I say just about nothing): (Don't follow it)
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Xirix wrote: 5 years ago Question for those that have done what raocow just did and played beyond :

Yes, but he's on Pantheon of Hallownest AKA the last one people don't really like.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Grounder wrote: 5 years ago
Xirix wrote: 5 years ago Question for those that have done what raocow just did and played beyond :

Yes, but he's on Pantheon of Hallownest AKA the last one people don't really like.
Oh... that'll be fun.
bbbrrr_it_cold

Post by bbbrrr_it_cold »

Grounder wrote: 5 years ago

Actually, I'm not 100% sure on this.

He might be able to be fought from the practice room. If not...sorry, cow man.

I have a twitch (where I try to stream most Tuesday and Friday nights): (Don't watch it)

Post by 10204307 »

You can still fight Nightmare King Grimm in the Hall of Gods even if you banish him, you just need to dreamnail the statue of Grimm first.

RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

10204307 wrote:

You can still fight Nightmare King Grimm in the Hall of Gods even if you banish him, you just need to dreamnail the statue of Grimm first.

So you don't need to encounter him for real to be able to fight him in Godhome? That's unusual, and good if true. I'm not sure if raocow will be willing to take the time to go through the main part of Godmaster, but a few Godhome fights wouldbe nice.

Or someone can lend him a save file with Nightmare King unlocked...

SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

bbbrrr_it_cold wrote: 5 years ago WELP

As Grounder has pointed out, this is another point where the game gives you an expressly binary option and each has an achievement attached. Though, this time, there's obviously a bit more.
Completing the ritual or banishing the Troupe is another binary choice, and this time it has more implications than just what achievement you get. If you choose to complete the ritual, there is a new tier of Grimkin to fight (they do double damage with their attacks and I hate the one in the hive because it is far too easy to fall into the screen below it). Getting three flames, regardless of whether or not you took the free one, will let you go back and enter the further chamber in Grimm's tent. He sleeps like a bat and, upon Dream Nailing him with your fully flamed Grimmchild, you'll get the chance to fight Nightmare King Grimm. He is faster than Grimm, all of his attacks do double damage, he leaves behind flame trails, and he's considered to be one of the toughest single fights in the game. Beating him nets you the Ritual achievement, and gets you the fully upgraded Grimmchild permanently.
Do note that banishing the troupe means you can no longer interact with Divine to get

the Unbreakable Charms

. However, it does not prevent you from completing the Hunter's Journal or anything else, and you still end up with a charm in that slot regardless.

Also, just like the choice with Zote, NKG appears in the final pantheon of Godhome regardless of your choice, so you don't actually miss out on the fight.

To answer all of the questions about this: No, he is not locked out of the fight.

He's just locked out of a convenient way to have it, since now it HAS to be done in Godhome.

I cannot confirm myself but this is what the internet (including this thread, earlier) has informed me.

In regards to the charm you get...I honestly prefer keeping the Grimmchild. Not that the Carefree Melody charm is bad...I just find that it never goes off as often as I would want, whereas the Grimmchild continues putting in all the work you ask of it.
So,

aside from losing out on permanent Grimshild, and not collecting the other 2 Grimkin,

he's not missing out on anything? This has no effect on

getting the true final ending

?

Post by 10204307 »

IIRC banishing the Grimm Troupe automatically unlocks him in Godhome.

I don't know if raocow will actually discover the Godmaster content, though... It's in a hidden area of the sewers he hasn't found yet, and requires another simple key, which he can now only get from a hidden area behind the Colosseum. Someone might eventually have to nudge him in the right direction so he doesn't miss it, although it's not necessary right now.

bbbrrr_it_cold

Post by bbbrrr_it_cold »

SAJewers wrote: 5 years ago So,

aside from losing out on permanent Grimshild, and not collecting the other 2 Grimkin,

he's not missing out on anything? This has no effect on

getting the true final ending

?
Correct.

True Final Ending is only blocked behind getting the last charm, which was possible before before any DLC.

It also doesn't block out from the full

112%

completion.
On that note, in regards to DLC and the Hunter's Journal:
If a DLC added a boss or an enemy, it is NOT counted in the final tally for the Hunter's Journal. Yes, it will be added to the journal, but for the count to get the

True Hunter

achievement.
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

To clarify everything:

raocow missed a boss here, but he can still fight him later.

It'll probably be right at the end of the LP but it's not missed for good.

He did however (I think) permanently miss out on

upgrading the 3 fragile charms into permanent charms, although doing that requires quite a lot of grinding for money so he probably wouldn't have got them anyway.

Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

oh yeah rip Divine too, woops

those charms are really dang useful too, so

is it a spoiler to talk about something raocow's locked out of now, i don't actually know
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

About Divine :

In my experience the unbreakable charms weren't really worth the effort, by the endgame all the hard bosses are dream bosses or in Godhome, where fragile charms don't break. (Only exception being The Radiance)

Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

So, in summary:
Grimm: "Now dance with me, my fell--"
*stab*
Grimm: "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! I HAVEN'T EVEN BEGUN YET!"

Later...

Grimm: "Now they shall enter my nightmare and perform the truest finale this kingdom has ever--"
*bright light*
Grimm: "What the--?" *wakes and rushes out to see the lantern being destroyed* "WHAT? WHO DARES--"
*familiar-looking shadows loom large over the horizon*

Grimm: "..."

"WHAT IS WROOOOONG WITH YOUUUUU?!!! WE HAVEN'T EVEN BEGUN THE END OF IT AAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!
(Also,

RIP Divine

)
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

I'm really glad this was an option and that raocow took it! I wasn't really enjoying this dlc, it felt transparently stapled on and kind of ruined the flow the real game had going imo. But I can always appreciate a "no, I just WON'T do the thing the obviously evil guy wants me to do so I can fight him later" option.