(shouting)

HOLLOW KNIGHT - Blessings

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Sebby19

Re: HOLLOW KNIGHT - Shade Grown Coffee

Post by Sebby19 »

So what did taking the original Hollow Knight's place accomplish?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Basically the Hollow Knight would eventually not be able to contain the corruption anymore and very bad things would happen. And nobody's really around to re-seal it.

Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I guess I see. Though it seems a bit late for that...
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
First name: Violet
Pronouns: she/her

Post by 10204307 »

The old Hollow Knight had that crack in its mask/shell, so the infection was seeping out, rendering it ineffective as a vessel. By supplanting it, you've essentially re-contained the infection, preventing it from getting worse, although that probably wouldn't reverse all the damage that the infection has done so far.

But judging by why the original Hollow Knight failed, it's likely that our little guy wouldn't be able to hold the infection for very long, either...

Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Doesn't help that

when our Hollow Knight became the new vessel, no-one stepped forward to become a new Dreamer to seal it off. Essentially, it's like closing the door to the inner sanctum of a superweapon but forgetting to lock it.

Of course, the second ending has someone become a Dreamer and resolve that issue, but uh...

Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

It looked like when you replaced the hollow knight, you sucked all the infection in the world back into yourself.

I really enjoyed the drama of that fight, with the old hollow knight sometimes trying to help you kill him. It's a bit too bad that the focus of this video and the comments was basically "this fight and ending don't matter when there's so much more left to do", because this was neat enough to care about while going through it, I think.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

So,

what happens to all the husks after the infection gets sealed away? Is there some kind of epilogue or is it purely up to speculation?

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Awoo wrote: 5 years ago So,

what happens to all the husks after the infection gets sealed away? Is there some kind of epilogue or is it purely up to speculation?

Very much up to speculation, in traditional Dark Souls style. It's assumed that a good number would return to their senses, but the following society would likely be anarchic until the usual sequence of gangs, outposts, villages, etc. went through and someone strong and charismatic enough rose to a position of power to eventually stabilize things - but even if all that did manage to happen and Hallownest wasn't just an inhospitable ruin forever, eventually, even our brave new Hollow Knight would crack and overflow as his kin did before him.

Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

I dunno if a 'good number' would return to their senses, a lot of them are downright actually zombies, so presumably when the corruption leaves their body's will stop working and they'll just fall down as corpses.

Remember, Hallownest has been a dead kingdom for a while.

Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

Xirix wrote: 5 years ago

I dunno if a 'good number' would return to their senses, a lot of them are downright actually zombies, so presumably when the corruption leaves their body's will stop working and they'll just fall down as corpses.

Remember, Hallownest has been a dead kingdom for a while.

hopefully Myla, if nobody else? :c

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Post by 10204307 »

Myla's an interesting case, because I don't think she ever actually dies, so much as her mind just gets hijacked by the light. Corpses seem to usually take a while to be reanimated after dying, as evidenced by the Moss Prophet, whereas Myla immediately starts attacking you once she's fully infected.

bbbrrr_it_cold
Always ambivalent, always lurking...
First name: Quagsire

Post by bbbrrr_it_cold »

Per your bank question: No, there is no Pale Ore locked behind the bank.

Nor any other collectible for that matter.

The reason you weren't able to dash through the shockwave some of the times was that it hadn't recharged yet. Really just that simple.

Also, echoing what some others have said, when you feel as though you've run out of stuff to do, let us know and we can give you as much (or as little) direction as you want.
I have a twitch (where I try to stream most Tuesday and Friday nights): (Don't watch it)
I have a youtube (currently only with stream highlights): (Don't watch it)
I have a twitter (where I say just about nothing): (Don't follow it)
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Ahh, raocow.

Doesn't care at all about Myla but severely misses Cloth.

Also, maybe try that tendril in Kingdom's Edge? That should get you enough essence for the Seer's most important reward.

Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

raocow just be careful to note that your map from the collector only shows grubs & literally nothing else. there could be stuff hidden in areas not marked on the map that you would need to find still. in particular, you are obviously still missing some pale ore and a few charms, along with the upgraded version of the up magic attack.

and an entire set of mask pieces, but we'll get to that when we get to that

also as was already pointed out - the dark dash has a cooldown and you kept using it up before trying to dash through stuff. you've already noticed this in an earlier video so i'm just reminding you :V
Last edited by Crow 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

a couple fun extra bits of info about the Traitor Lord:

- the boss was changed heavily by DLC and in the base game I think he was slower, only did 1 mask of damage, and didn't have the shockwave attack or the scythe-throwing attack
- in the arena where you fought the Mantis Lords, you can see a fourth broken throne in the background where the traitor lord presumably once sat
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago
also as was already pointed out - the dark dash has a cooldown and you kept using it up before trying to dash through stuff. you've already noticed this in an earlier video so i'm just reminding you :V
yeah, I realised this during my trek back to the fight on the last run :oops:
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Reverning

Post by Reverning »

Oh, that's weird. Grimmchild and Careless Melody must share the same charm ID, because that's her dialogue if you have an immature Grimmchild equipped.

She has dialogue for a fully grown Grimmchild (and a lot of dialogue in general), but I'll save that for later.

Speaking of Grimm, I should update the file for that fight, because the idea of doing it without the shadow dash was probably just an overall terrible idea lol.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

just update it to have every powerup & charm collected lol. i doubt raocow is going to check out the fight until towards the very end after he has everything

also i don't think raocow noticed (or not during playing) but cloth died because the traitor lord stabbed her
and then she struck back at him and killed him right after
she only joins in that fight (and subsequently dies) if you talk to her at least a few times beforehand). if she doesn't die, she just goes back up to dirtmouth after you kill the traitor lord & then vanishes after, never to be seen again
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Hmm, it appears the White Lady glitched. The 'friend' she was talking about was the little flying buddy you were given during the Grimm Troupe sidequest. She also referenced the ritual, but you already stopped it.
Weird.

Apparently there is some other girl in Greenpath that needs to be rescued? I keep reading about it from other people. But for the life of me, I don't recall ever seeing her in your LP.
As for Myla, it's pretty tragic. And has her own entry in the Bestiary, but to get it, you, well...

But you sucked up Eddie, so it should be easier next time :P
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Amusingly enough raocow seemed to mistake the killing blow on Cloth as the killing blow on the Mantis Lord, unless his commentary was slightly out of sync or something.

Also the person people keep bringing up to rescue is

the girl under the Mantis Village, not greenpath

Reverning

Post by Reverning »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago just update it to have every powerup & charm collected lol. i doubt raocow is going to check out the fight until towards the very end after he has everything
I want it to be authentic! I'll just update it after it seems we're mostly through clean-up.
Sebby19 wrote: Hmm, it appears the White Lady glitched. The 'friend' she was talking about was the little flying buddy you were given during the Grimm Troupe sidequest. She also referenced the ritual, but you already stopped it.
Weird.
I checked into this one. Carefree Melody and Grimmchild really are the same charm, there's just a flag that decides what form it's in. White Lady's dialogue checks for full maturity, but not for Melody.

Post by 10204307 »

The most tragic thing about Myla is how after you acquire Vengeful Spirit and then Desolate Dive, her dialogue changes, and you can see her slowly succumbing to the infection. She actually has unique Dream Nail dialogue for each of these states, although it's incredibly uncommon for people to see this because it requires getting the Dream Nail fairly early.

Dialogue after acquiring Vengeful Spirit:
"Oh, hello again! Are you still running about? Why not join me d-down here? There's plenty of wealth in these rocks for anyone willing to put a bit of work in!"

"Those crystals out there are worth a fair b-b-bit, but I have a feeling that there's something even more valuable hidden just a bit deeper in! I can almost smell it! Ha ha ha!"

"You're welcome to join me, there's enough for both of us! Or if you don't feel like d-d-d-digging, you can just sit and sing with me! Ha ha ha!"

"Ohh, bury the knight with her broken nail,
bury the lady, lovely and pale!
Bury the priest in his tattered gown,
then bury the beggar with his shining croooown!

Ha ha ha! Are you suh... surprised? I remembered the second verse! Lots of time to think while I work down here. Maybe I can even c-come up with some songs of my own!"

"This is hard work, but I don't mind. Down here, I can k-keep working without even sleeping. It's fun! And every once in awhile you c-c-come to visit me! I'm glad... ha ha... I'm glad you like the sound of my voice!"
Dream nail dialogue:
I'm so close... Keep singing, crystals! Keep singing so I can find you!

Keep whispering, crystals! I can almost hear what you're saying!
Dialogue after acquiring Desolate Dive:
"...Bury my body... c-cover my shell,
What meaning in darkness? Yet here I remain...
I'll wait here forever...till light blooms again..."

"...Bury... body... cover... shell,
Darkness. No meaning... DANGEROUS... Still, remain...
LIGHT.... again..."
Dream nail dialogue:
... how much longer... KILL IT... how much longer... DANGEROUS... how much longer... KILL IT... how much longer... KILL THE EMPTY ONE...

...how much longer... must I dig...?
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

There's going to be a point where an everything checklist is going to be needed. There's a lot of little unmarked points of interest sprinkled all over the place. Some of which raocow will absolutely want to experience.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

hey you doing ok
tirakai wrote: 5 years ago - the boss was changed heavily by DLC and in the base game I think he was slower, only did 1 mask of damage, and didn't have the shockwave attack or the scythe-throwing attack
I was thinking something was different, this guy was a chump back when I fought him.

Post by 10204307 »

Stink Terios wrote: 5 years ago There's going to be a point where an everything checklist is going to be needed. There's a lot of little unmarked points of interest sprinkled all over the place. Some of which raocow will absolutely want to experience.
I think there's a decent amount of stuff that he'll uncover just by going after the grubs on the map, as well as by poking around in the areas that were blocked off by the black tendrils. The main thing I'm worried about are the breakable floors, since as we've seen so far, raocow never seems to notice them, and I don't know if he'd fare any better on a second go-around.

And he definitely won't find the breakable floor in the Dung Defender's room, since that's the only one in the game that doesn't shake when you walk on it. It's basically impossible to find without a guide. That's the one instance where I think someone should eventually explicitly point out that it's there, since the fight it unlocks is pretty cool and would be a shame to miss.

The other thing is

dream bosses. Markoth will give him enough essence to awaken the Dream Nail, which is good enough for the true ending, but the upgraded versions of False Knight and Soul Master are cool fights in their own right. Hopefully he'll either stumble upon one of them while re-exploring areas, or remember the Lost Kin fight and decide to check out the other bosses he's beaten before?