(shouting)

HOLLOW KNIGHT - Blessings

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Re: HOLLOW KNIGHT - Dreamgate

Post by Ditocoaf »

I'll add that this feels like a perfect DLC to play after you've wrapped up the main game. The collectathon gives you an excuse to revisit all the old areas you might be reminiscing about, and since the antagonist is entirely unrelated to the main plot, it wouldn't mess with whatever narrative closure you found. But a nostalgic tour of all the areas you've been isnt really compatible with the sense of layered discovery and wonder we were maintaining before.
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

Yeah I got the feeling playing it that this dlc was specifically designed for those who had already finished the game a bit ago, to give them an excuse to wander and world again reminiscing with a bit of new lore and such.

Personally I think that's part of why there's this alternate ending too. This way you can do the normal content fighting a few new enemies and a cool new boss, and then if you either find the second boss too difficult (or just aren't in the mood for that type of challenge) you can instead do this to wrap up the dlc's story and get closure.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

Well, that was underwhelming, but it certainly gave a degree of closure, even if a bit premature.
What's in the cards for tomorrow, I wonder?

I have no idea!

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Grimm is clearly codified after Dracula and at the same time he is, like a moth, drawn toward a scarlet flame.

There is a peculiar cross-over between these facts, The moth species Calyptra Ochsenheimer is notable for being a rare example of hematophagy (blood sucking) in Lepidoptera, sometimes referred to as vampire moths. Compared to Culicidae (mosquitoes), these moths are poorly adapted for feeding on blood.

Taxonomic studies show show that these moths' ability to feed on blood is derived from fruit piercing. The moths suck blood from mammals by creating pools of blood from wounds on Rhinos and Elephants. Further unlike mosquitoes, only males of the moth species suck blood. And to show how poorly adapted they are at the task, male moths don't even live longer from blood meals in fact they and don't even produce proteases to break down the proteins from the blood meal.

It's speculated that the benefit is the salts in the blood which are then given to female moths as a nuptial gift during mating. A pretty bad vampire if all you want from the blood is the salt.

Source:
First name: Violet
Pronouns: she/her

Post by 10204307 »

Oh, right, I wanted to make a quick note on something raocow said when he visited Kingdom's Edge in episode 45. Specifically, "Before I explore everything I need the ability to dislodge some dislodges." I might be misinterpreting this, but assuming you're talking about the black tendrils, you might be slightly misremembering things. There was only one path that you couldn't explore because of a tendril; the other path was blocked off because you didn't have the double jump yet.

(Same goes for Fog Canyon; as other people have mentioned, you're able to visit the chalkzone on the map; there was no tendril blocking your way there. Maybe it might be a good idea to use your map markers to take note of where the tendrils are?)
Grounder

Re: HOLLOW KNIGHT - In the Name of the King

Post by Grounder »

honoray deleted because some people are probably gonna cry to the mods
Last edited by Grounder 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
bbbrrr_it_cold
Always ambivalent, always lurking...
First name: Quagsire

Post by bbbrrr_it_cold »

Grounder wrote: 5 years ago

it doesnt cut tendrils

Thank you for letting him discover that on his own.

Last edited by bbbrrr_it_cold 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
I have a twitch (where I try to stream most Tuesday and Friday nights): (Don't watch it)
I have a youtube (currently only with stream highlights): (Don't watch it)
I have a twitter (where I say just about nothing): (Don't follow it)
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Spoiler tags guys, come on now.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

wow I expected that of youtube comments, grounder

one dreamer, one mark, many tendrils, many grubs... so much left to do, yet the world seems so much smaller than when our little knight set out
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Behold...
Gorb Lalorb.png
Gorb Lalorb.png (8.07 KiB) Viewed 3930 times
GORB LALORB
THE MIND OF LIGHT
(I'm not sorry.)
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

I forgot that raocow had missed Gorb in the Cliffs before, I think he went underneath the platform Gorb's on and just never checked back to see what was on top.

I guess this probably the time to say there's another miss-able thing in the game which might be relevant next video. It's not a boss or big gameplay thing or anything, just

you can lock yourself out of getting the first ending if you do the stuff the King's Brand lets you do before getting all the dreamers and going to the Black Egg

. Nothing too important but might as well post a quick warning since he accidented into missing a bunch of Grimm troupe stuff.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Alright, I can finally talk about that little scene that was missed.

If you get the King's Brand and then kill Herrah, Hornet will be sitting at the pedestal once you exit the dream. Hornet mourns Herrah for a while because she was her mother.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

I like to think that that spider connection is why Hornet uses thread, even though her name is... hornet.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

ahh, raocow,

making assumptions that will lead to disappointment. not that the power to pass through dark tendrils is that far off, now, but

i've honestly never played a video game in my life

Post by 10204307 »

I've always found it pretty funny how the black tendrils end up being the most mystifying part of Hollow Knight for so many people who play it. And it's always the same pattern of going "I bet the dream nail will let me cut those tendrils" and then "I bet the King's Brand will let me cut those tendrils" before finally stumbling upon the Shade Cloak. I wonder if raocow will remember the door he saw in the Ancient Basin?

Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago ahh, raocow,

making assumptions that will lead to disappointment. not that the power to pass through dark tendrils is that far off, now, but

I'm kind of hoping that

because he thinks he can cut the tendrils now, he'll head for that last dreamer, and discover while he's there that he doesn't need to cut tendrils to get there.

Odds aren't good, but it's a hope.

Reverning

Post by Reverning »

Hi, longtime watcher, first time...forumer?

Just an idea, I hope this isn't too pushy or anything, but I know a lot of people wanted to see the final fight in Grimm Troupe, and even though the boss itself is technically available in another dlc, Grimm Troupe's presentation is kinda special, so I put together a save file matching rao's (stat and move-wise, the plot is at a different point so it'd just be for Grimm) right before the fight.

So if rao was interested, maybe he could still do the fight as a bonus episode type deal? Just wanted to give the option.
Attachments
GrimmFight.zip
(184.33 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
tirakai

Re: HOLLOW KNIGHT - Shade Grown Coffee

Post by tirakai »

Does anyone know if those 'liquid lobsters' have an official name?
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

They do, if raocow had looked at the journal entry he got today you'd have seen :

Void Tendrils

Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

For the record raocow,

you are fully capable of doing what you need to do in the so called screaming orbs room.

tirakai

Post by tirakai »

I had forgotten they had a journal entry.

I think in a few videos we may have to start giving a bit of guidance of where to find remaining charms and mask parts and such, though I suppose the Grubs give some hints of hidden places he can go to.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

tirakai wrote:I think in a few videos we may have to start giving a bit of guidance of where to find remaining charms and mask parts and such, though I suppose the Grubs give some hints of hidden places he can go to.
And, of course, the Grey Mourner's sidequest. That's gonna be a capital-T Thing.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

tirakai wrote: 5 years ago I had forgotten they had a journal entry.
You unlock it by looking at that etching on the wall raocow found after the first void wall he dashed through.

By the way, raocow-the reason that it keeps not showing you the journal entry of the thing you just killed when you kill a new thing and then open your journal(instead showing you an unrelated enemy) is because you have a whole bunch of unread journal entries for other things.

It just opens up to whatever hunter journal entries are "new", but you've accumulated a lot of "new" entries at this point, so it won't show you whatever is actually new until you look at all the old ones.

Post by 10204307 »

Maybe you should take a few seconds to look through the journal sometime. Some of the enemies have really neat lore information associated with them.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

Fly away now,
Fly away now
Fly away
So, raocow knows and/or has seen Panty and Stocking? This makes me very happy :3
also,
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image