(shouting)

HOLLOW KNIGHT - Blessings

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: HOLLOW KNIGHT - Blessings

Post by Awoo »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago I was going to suggest stuffed animal adventures, in the mean time.
Easily some of raocow's best content, ever

Seriously, those are some of my favorite videos he's ever made :3

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
CrispyMWHC
Arrangements in fulminating vective
http://crispymwhc.talkhaus.com/

Re: HOLLOW KNIGHT - ude it just ahh wh

Post by CrispyMWHC »

Thank you to the person that provided subtitles for the best second of this week.
Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago I was going to suggest stuffed animal adventures, in the mean time.
Seconded.
raocow wrote: 3 years ago oh SHIT

THE PROCEDURES
raocow wrote: 3 years ago I can't believe my mystical wizard friend told me to touch grass.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrispyMWHC -- I play the games for the internet.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

you sly devil you
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

slowly getting worse
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Days since raocow began the Pantheon of Hallownest challenge: |||

Guy who did him in this round: Great Nailsage Sly

Anyone willing to bet how many days it'll take him to beat/ragequit it?
First name: Violet
Pronouns: she/her

Post by 10204307 »

I'll say what I've been saying since day one: he's not going to beat it. It's just too hard. I think it'll take one or two more days for him to give up.

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

for what it's worth, I took a little part of my afternoon today to practice both sly and grey zote until I could beat them both five times in a row. so we'll see if this helps tomorrow
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

10204307 wrote: 5 years ago

I'll say what I've been saying since day one: he's not going to beat it. It's just too hard. I think it'll take one or two more days for him to give up.

I think he might have the will to at least reach the final boss

warpio

Post by warpio »

It's not at all too hard for him, especially with the Melody charm. The vast majority of the bosses can be learned well enough that you'll never have any trouble with them.

Sly is actually super easy once you actually get to know all of his moves. Everything he does that isn't a basic slash attack is super telegraphed. I'm pretty sure if raocow has practiced enough to beat him 5 times in a row, he's probably already passed the point where he'll ever lose to Sly again. It's really just that last batch (starting with Markoth and Grey Prince Zote) where the bosses are still very hard even when you've learned the right strategy, and at that point it's really just a matter of execution and patience.
Crow

Post by Crow »

I recommend working out which bosses you haven't seen in the pantheon yet, and practicing against them as well.

otherwise nightmare king is gonna just slaughter you tbh

freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

I mean if he's really determined, what's to stop him from going at this for weeks? We do still have two videos a day even still.

...Though the patreon line up might have to follow the Mario slot if it goes on longer than 8 powers.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Important tip that might save you some trouble on future attempts. Spoiled so you can decide for yourself whether to read it.

You can get soul by using the Dream Nail on Failed Champion's armor (not the maggot, the armor!) at the end of the fight. It takes a while before the transition to the next battlefield, which means you can get a good chunk of soul back. (This also applies to False Knight but you don't exactly need the boost on Massive Moss Charger.)

It would help you avoid the situation you were in this time around where you had low health and soul going into Nightmare King Grimm.

Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

A bit of progress today, good to see. I wonder when we'll see the next bit though, Nightmare King Grimm is a pretty mean boss to come up against after 40 mins going through all the other bosses, and still have him do double damage (despite taking that away from other bosses that did double in the base game).
First name: Violet
Pronouns: she/her

Post by 10204307 »

You're getting really close to the end! The bad news is the last few bosses are the hardest in the game. But if you can consistently get past Markoth and Zote like you did today it shouldn't be too hard to get back to where you were, even if it's unfortunately time-consuming.
Nightmare King Grimm is a pretty mean boss to come up against after 40 mins going through all the other bosses, and still have him do double damage (despite taking that away from other bosses that did double in the base game).
All of the bosses that normally do double damage (like the Traitor Lord, NKG, Failed Champion, etc) still do double damage in the Pantheon of Hallownest, it's just that the battle arenas use the Ascended variants without increasing the damage of bosses that normally only do one damage.
Reverning

Post by Reverning »

Well, you're almost there. You can consider Nightmare King the beginning of the finale.

Also I've been meaning to give an apology, but I didn't want to spoil that/where Nightmare King was in Hallownest.

I originally didn't know you could fight him in the Hall of Gods without seeing him in the Pantheon first (since Melody ending), so, I was under the impression he would be a miserable run ender when you encountered him for the first time in the Pantheon, and that's why I was sort of trying to direct you to the save file before Godhome (also they don't even play his song in the Pantheon, which is super obnoxious).

But I really didn't mean to be so pushy about it. I'm sorry.
Crow

Post by Crow »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago I recommend working out which bosses you haven't seen in the pantheon yet, and practicing against them as well.

otherwise nightmare king is gonna just slaughter you tbh
unspoilering this because, yeah. i saw this coming
i recommend doing the same as i said
Joseph Staleknight

...so, raocow. About today's video...

Wanna call it quits for now?

Crow

Post by Crow »

this is what i've said from the start. this just isn't good for an LP format and it's incredibly hard on top of that

like, don't feel bad about giving up, i never even beat the first pantheon myself lol
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

You're seeing now a big part of why people warned against it, it's doable with enough practice but even then if you make a couple mistakes on a double-damage boss and die that's 20-40 mins wasted.

I don't think it's a good idea to force yourself to do a run every day even if you don't have time or just aren't in the right mood. This is a challenge that could take weeks to finally complete after all, doing that day after day for such a length of time will really wear someone down.

Also if you want an in-game break for tomorrow (since you mentioned having less time on weekends), there's always the hidden place in the Resting Grounds still to see, in the

Spirit's Glade

. It wouldn't be especially long and could be a way to have an easy relaxing play session for a change to consider things and give some thoughts.

Might as well post specifics on how to find it again:

dream nail the left moth statue in the room behind the waterfall, from a slightly hidden platform next to it's head

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

suddenly bonus video

How many videos are we at now total anyways? Counting the Bs and Cs and failures.
Crow

Post by Crow »

just judging from how that door looks, it seems like you'll need 8 bindings done before you even get anything
Joseph Staleknight

I think we're at 7-8 videos of PoH now.

But hey, (something related to) progress!
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

raocow, you can do it! I believe in you!

That's one heck of a fighting spirit. You're amazing :D
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

tirakai wrote: 5 years agoHow many videos are we at now total anyways? Counting the Bs and Cs and failures.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Wjq830Mlkm

79 unless I'm missing any. Getting kinda hard to keep track of that at the moment, lol.