(shouting)

HOLLOW KNIGHT - Blessings

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: HOLLOW KNIGHT - Shade Grown Coffee

Post by Awoo »

Poor Myla, poor Cloth :c
What a tragedy

Why did raocow dream nail her ghost? : x

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Awoo wrote: 5 years ago

collector's itch
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
underFlo
you spinda right round
First name: Florence
Pronouns: they/she

Post by underFlo »

Ivy wrote: 5 years ago

collector's itch
raocow was the true Collector all along
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Ghosts are seemingly trapped in the dying kingdom with no hope of moving on, and almost all aren't aware they have died. The dream nail returns them to the world of dreams, where ghosts belong, and the dream nail draws power from.

Just my interpretation. It's vague and there's no specific lore on it.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Stink Terios wrote: 5 years ago There's going to be a point where an everything checklist is going to be needed. There's a lot of little unmarked points of interest sprinkled all over the place. Some of which raocow will absolutely want to experience.
don't worry, someone on the patapon spotzone has been keeping a list ready for whenever raocow needs it.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

SAJewers wrote: 5 years ago
Stink Terios wrote: 5 years ago There's going to be a point where an everything checklist is going to be needed. There's a lot of little unmarked points of interest sprinkled all over the place. Some of which raocow will absolutely want to experience.
don't worry, someone on the patapon spotzone has been keeping a list ready for whenever raocow needs it.
Nice
bbbrrr_it_cold
Always ambivalent, always lurking...
First name: Quagsire

Re: HOLLOW KNIGHT - Hide and Go Shriek

Post by bbbrrr_it_cold »

In my personal opinion, the grub you couldn't find today is the most obnoxiously hidden one in the game. Someone on youtube said it already, but I'll echo it here: you access it

from within the hive

Also, YOU FINALLY HAVE QUICK SLASH! That charm, like Mark of Pride, is one that I can barely play without anymore because of how much I used it.

Poll for the people who know about it: do you think it would be worth it (for raocow and/or the LP) to do the

Mr. Mushroom sidequest in its entirety? Given the nature of it, I'm not sure how likely it is for raocow to hear him and thus find him in each location, especially since some of the hints are kind of dumb.

I have a twitch (where I try to stream most Tuesday and Friday nights): (Don't watch it)
I have a youtube (currently only with stream highlights): (Don't watch it)
I have a twitter (where I say just about nothing): (Don't follow it)
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

bbbrrr_it_cold wrote: 5 years ago In my personal opinion, the grub you couldn't find today is the most obnoxiously hidden one in the game. Someone on youtube said it already, but I'll echo it here: you access it

from within the hive

Also, YOU FINALLY HAVE QUICK SLASH! That charm, like Mark of Pride, is one that I can barely play without anymore because of how much I used it.

Poll for the people who know about it: do you think it would be worth it (for raocow and/or the LP) to do the

Mr. Mushroom sidequest in its entirety? Given the nature of it, I'm not sure how likely it is for raocow to hear him and thus find him in each location, especially since some of the hints are kind of dumb.

no
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

Grounder wrote: 5 years ago
bbbrrr_it_cold wrote: 5 years ago In my personal opinion, the grub you couldn't find today is the most obnoxiously hidden one in the game. Someone on youtube said it already, but I'll echo it here: you access it

from within the hive

no
seconded
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

bbbrrr_it_cold wrote: 5 years ago Poll for the people who know about it: do you think it would be worth it (for raocow and/or the LP) to do the

Probably not,

since there's no added interesting gameplay or anything. As fun as it would be to see raocow's reaction to the bonus scene

that's the kind of thing you pretty much have to follow a specific step-to-step guide for which isn't really in the style for LP.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Quick slash is kinda amazing in certain situations, though I find it funny that

in this episode he's looking for breakable floors, and then stands right next to a super obvious cracked wall and misses it, tunnel vision I guess.

Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

It's funny to me that two of the best charms in the game are available very early and very late, respectively(

shaman stone and quick slash

)
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Since you're in the area, do you remember finding the bottom of a really fat bug sticking out of the ceiling? And he giggled when you slashed him?

You must be able to find the top of that bug, yes?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
First name: Violet
Pronouns: she/her

Post by 10204307 »

Shard1697 wrote: 5 years ago It's funny to me that two of the best charms in the game are available very early and very late, respectively(

)
Not necessarily that late. You can go to Kingdom's Edge pretty much immediately after you get Desolate Dive. In theory you could pick up Quick Slash before even killing any of the Dreamers.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

bbbrrr_it_cold wrote: 5 years ago In my personal opinion, the grub you couldn't find today is the most obnoxiously hidden one in the game.
yep, absolutely the hardest one to find, don't feel bad about being stumped by it. it's a bit dumb.
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

10204307 wrote: 5 years ago
Shard1697 wrote: 5 years ago It's funny to me that two of the best charms in the game are available very early and very late, respectively(

)
Not necessarily that late. You can go to Kingdom's Edge pretty much immediately after you get Desolate Dive. In theory you could pick up Quick Slash before even killing any of the Dreamers.
As far as I can tell you can do almost everything before killing any of the Dreamers. Nothing major seems to be locked behind any individual dreamer, just absorbing all three of them whenever you want to unlock the egg. (Unless I overlooked something -- I've only watched this LP.)
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

10204307 wrote: 5 years ago Not necessarily that late. You can go to Kingdom's Edge pretty much immediately after you get Desolate Dive. In theory you could pick up Quick Slash before even killing any of the Dreamers.
Yeah, but unspoiled that's probably never gonna happen, just due to how the map is set up you're liking to go basically everywhere else first. Meanwhile shaman stone is just in that shop in the first real area.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

So I read that there was a late game area they cut called Boneforest, a lava-based place. I wonder where they would have put it?

And Deepnest used to be much larger.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Bone Forest used to be where the Crystal place is now I believe (Or at the very least, somewhere on the right), there was a development video somewhere talking about it.
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

A quick check of the wiki says it was meant to be up top at first but was later moved to the very bottom and connected to Deepnest.

They've also says the area was quite far along in development before being cut and implied they may still add it back in (would be cool to see it in the upcoming paid dlc whenever that comes out, since it's supposed to have new areas).
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

raocow thanking Melody every time it protects him is adorable.

Also "Hide and Go Shriek" is a really clever thread title.
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

I could tell from the video length alone what this video would comprise of.

It's such a different area from anything else in the game.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Now I really want a

Super Meat Bug

title screen for Hollow Knight.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrv
bbbrrr_it_cold
Always ambivalent, always lurking...
First name: Quagsire

Post by bbbrrr_it_cold »

I love everything about the White Palace. The music here is easily one of my favorite tracks. I've always heard it as music that is meant to calm you and tell you to be patient - not necessarily with the platforming, but with yourself, especially when you make a dumb mistake. Hollow Knight is a game where your mistakes are always your fault, but so are your successes. And I feel this music embodies that, letting you know that if you keep your cool and keep at it, you'll make it through. After all, you got this far.
I really like it.

Also, you should give a look to the Kingsoul. As you saw when you got the first piece, it is a charm. And it certainly is an interesting one.
I have a twitch (where I try to stream most Tuesday and Friday nights): (Don't watch it)
I have a youtube (currently only with stream highlights): (Don't watch it)
I have a twitter (where I say just about nothing): (Don't follow it)