(shouting)

HOLLOW KNIGHT - Blessings

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: HOLLOW KNIGHT - Blessings

Post by SAJewers »

If you streamed this would be good for that.

If you want to do it, do it. As an alternative, record on your own doing it, then edit a montage of all the winning runs with PPR.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

The whole Godmaster DLC feels like such a waste of effort to me, you've all this work done on a cool looking new area for just a bunch of boss refights except harder. Plus

you can't even just go in to fight the proper new bosses they added, you're forced to do stupid boss rushes of easy fights you've already beaten to get one new boss at the end of each

. It could've been so much better.

The best course LP-wise I think would maybe be doing the first four challenges,

take one video to attempt the fifth to see how far he can get, and then just getting a save file to fight Nightmare King Grimm and Absolute Radiance individually since the fifth patheon is complete garbage and a massive waste of time

If you really want to do all the Ascended bosses, would it be possible to play them just whenever you've got time and maybe do one big supercut of all the winning runs as a bonus video once they're all done? So that it doesn't draw out the start of next LP for an extra 2 weeks.
Reverning

Post by Reverning »

I don't know if you can actually even fight *Grimm Troupe final boss* in Godhome without doing *that thing everyone is terrified of* first, since he took the other ending. That's part of the reason I've been providing save files matching rao's, cued up at the end of Grimm Troupe.

(The other part is I think it's a disservice to Grimm Troupe that Godhome cuts away all the presentation, but that's the second thing)
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

So there is no "boss gallery"? That would have been a better feature to add alongside having these new bosses. Adding also a boss marathon wouldn't hurt if some people really felt like it, but you shouldn't feel like you have to beat it.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

tirakai wrote: 5 years ago The whole Godmaster DLC feels like such a waste of effort to me, you've all this work done on a cool looking new area for just a bunch of boss refights except harder.
boss refights is the best thing that can be in a videogame tbh
First name: Violet
Pronouns: she/her

Post by 10204307 »

ano0maly wrote: 5 years ago
So there is no "boss gallery"? That would have been a better feature to add alongside having these new bosses. Adding also a boss marathon wouldn't hurt if some people really felt like it, but you shouldn't feel like you have to beat it.
...the Hall of Gods is the boss gallery. Unless you're talking about something else?

Also, raocow, there's a whole second floor to the Hall of Gods with even more bosses. And you can dream nail the statues that have the golden symbol on the right side of the pedestal in order to fight the dream variants of them. (So for example you can dream nail the False Knight in order to fight the Failed Champion instead.) That's why some of them have two markers underneath them instead of one.

Also, personally I really like the Hall of Gods. The bosses are the best part of this game, and having an excuse to refight them but with more difficulty is really cool to me. People are salty about it because there was a huge wait for the Godmaster content, but I guarantee you that if it had shipped with the game when it was launched people wouldn't mind nearly as much. It's entirely optional, anyway.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

Yeah, speaking seriously I can understand why people dislike it, but it's totally optional and for people like me there's basically nothing better. A boss rush was the one thing I wanted them to add to the game, I loved refighting white defender and zote as they got harder. They went above and beyond in terms of what I wanted with the godhome, it's like it was made for me.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

10204307 wrote: 5 years ago
ano0maly wrote: 5 years ago
...the Hall of Gods is the boss gallery. Unless you're talking about something else?
Oh it sounded like that was the only way to access the bosses.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

gonna echo what raocow said from a viewer perspective - maybe it's fun to play but it's boring as hell to watch, sorry

who is gonna tell him that

the hall of gods doesn't even unlock anything

i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Reverning

Post by Reverning »

Oh, right, someone actually should mention: The Hall of Gods isn't part of the "story" of Godmaster at all, and it's not the thing people were so scared of. It's just bonus content, and pretty nice bonus content.

But there's actually, way, way more than you think.

You can re-fight every single boss in the game.

Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Yeah, for today's video I skipped through each fight after watching enough to see what's new.

EDIT: not really complaining though. If there are people who want to watch this, it doesn't hurt me to skip.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

By the way, the winning fight against radiant gruz today reminded me of something people rarely mention wrt the benefits of charge attacks, and that's ease of dodging.

Yes, in many games with charge attacks(including most megaman games) you can output damage faster without charging, but what charging lets you do is spend most of your time completely focusing on dodging. When you're not constantly trying to get hits in, it's much easier mentally and also in terms of positioning to avoid enemy attacks. It's why I used the charge shot all the way through expert mode Cuphead even though there are things that just do better damage.

So I do kind of think a lot of people undervalue the charge moves in hollow knight, although I do also still think the nailmaster badge isn't worth it. More damage on charged attacks probably would be though.
warpio

Post by warpio »

Everyone seems super down on the Godmaster area but to me this all just made me love the game that much more. If not for this, I would never have learned the proper actual strategies for fighting a lot of this game's bosses because during the main game they were usually easy enough to just mash my face against them a few times until I got lucky and happened to win. But these challenges actually made me want to practice each boss and learn the correct strategy so that I could (at least theoretically) kill them flawlessly without getting hit if I don't mess up the execution. Something about this is just super fun and satisfying to me. In fact I think I'm actually having more fun with this Godmaster stuff than I had going through the main game content.

As for the LP... I don't know about making LP videos of all the Ascended bosses and all the practice runs of the main Godmaster challenge doors, that might go on a bit too long for most people's tastes. But I would totally wanna at least see raocow fight all of the new bosses that this DLC added (basically all of the ones that were left blank in that Hall of Gods list, and a secret one that's not in that list), whether going through another save file or whether raocow goes through all the challenges himself. Either way that would be enough to make the LP feel complete imo.
Implo

Post by Implo »

I'm talking here from watcher position, not a player. I'm not very interested in boss refights. Attuned is pretty much the same fight like in original game. Ascended is probably the best idea, because it change something in the bosses. Radiant - this is just ascended mode, but you can't make any mistakes. For me last mode is the same boring to watch like the first one. And not gonna lie, I skipped most of this video.

By the way, how does Mawlek changed on ascended? I didn't noticed any change from the original form?
CrispyMWHC
Arrangements in fulminating vective
http://crispymwhc.talkhaus.com/

Post by CrispyMWHC »

Implo wrote: 5 years ago By the way, how does Mawlek changed on ascended? I didn't noticed any change from the original form?
Aside from doing double damage, he didn't. The stage was missing it's raised middle section and the walls were a little closer together.

Might as well say I'm totally down for boss refights while I'm in the thread.
raocow wrote: 4 years ago oh SHIT

THE PROCEDURES
raocow wrote: 4 years ago I can't believe my mystical wizard friend told me to touch grass.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrispyMWHC -- I play the games for the internet.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Man, I can't overstate how much I love the music in this place. Even the little sound effect as it transitions between fights is really neat.
First name: Violet
Pronouns: she/her

Post by 10204307 »

It makes me happy to see you enjoying yourself so much in the Pantheons. This whole thing seems really up your alley, to be honest.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

they aren't midpoints unfortunately

i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

I'm glad you have the correct opinion of godhome

not like you haven't already been doing a bunch of boss refight videos over the course of playing literally every megaman game anyway :lol:
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

Man, when raocow skipped Nightmare King Grimm the first time and banished the carnival, I was somewhat sad. Now, I only have one thing to say:

Thank you, Melody

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Lucky you rao that you can have your Round 2 with the Nailmasters in the ascended fights in the basement.

Someone tell Grounder to come back.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

I still find it funny how The Godseekers essentially deified almost every single boss in the game.

Even Grey Prince Zote, the "false god" borne of an obsessed mind.

Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Of course raocow beats Sly first time with brute force and melody luck, goddamnit. :P
RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

Xirix wrote: 5 years ago Of course raocow beats Sly first time with brute force and melody luck, goddamnit. :P
I was glued to my screen, "surely he'll die *eventually* ?" and the miraculous saves kept coming... and coming...
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

Saved by Melody on one mask two separate times, that was a very lucky fight.