(shouting)

HOLLOW KNIGHT - Blessings

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
First name: Violet
Pronouns: she/her

Re: HOLLOW KNIGHT - Hide and Go Shriek

Post by 10204307 »

You actually haven't fully explored the room in Kingdom's Edge that the guy's butt was in. The map filled it in as though you have, but there was an area near the top that you couldn't reach because you didn't have the double jump yet.
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

I'm so happy you were as engrossed with the White Palace as I was. My first time, I got to it by chance at night and stayed up until 4am to beat it.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

for the record, since you didn't talk to her again after getting your upgrade - this is -not- the last reward for dreams. maybe go back and check again :P

also who wants to tell raocow about the path of pain, he'll never find it himself

i've honestly never played a video game in my life
1234abcdcba4321
this is a guy

Post by 1234abcdcba4321 »

Ditocoaf wrote: 5 years ago
10204307 wrote: 5 years ago
Shard1697 wrote: 5 years ago It's funny to me that two of the best charms in the game are available very early and very late, respectively(

shaman stone and quick slash

)
Not necessarily that late. You can go to Kingdom's Edge pretty much immediately after you get Desolate Dive. In theory you could pick up Quick Slash before even killing any of the Dreamers.
As far as I can tell you can do almost everything before killing any of the Dreamers. Nothing major seems to be locked behind any individual dreamer, just absorbing all three of them whenever you want to unlock the egg. (Unless I overlooked something -- I've only watched this LP.)

The Mr. Mushroom sidequest is locked behind doing all of the dreamers. Though, that doesn't count as something major...

yo.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

asked this in the patapon spotzone, but i'll ask again here: raocow, do you need a megaman-style checklist of what's left for you to do? Someone's been keeping a list for you.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

That "stone-shifting sound" is your shade dash recharging.
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

I think hints will definitely be needed now, I don't think there's any obvious places left aside from following up on the two things he did this video and the Trial of the Fool.

The question for raocow I have rather is what kind of hints would you prefer? Just the region, the general area of the region, or a specific guide of what room? Using the Nosk area he found today as an example:

1) breakable wall in Deepnest
2) breakable wall in the bottom half of Deepnest
3) breakable wall in Deepnest, in the room to the left of the Hot Spring
4) breakable wall in Deepnest, in the room to the left of the Hot Spring, on the far left above the bottom spikes

also do you want to know where certain important things are (where to go with the Kingsoul, where the last Pale Ore is, any remaining bosses) or would you prefer to find that out when you explore the places?
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

I'm pretty sure there aren't any more 'clues' for where to go for story progression since the game expects you to know at this point. Or to just check every crook and cranny left... Either way, I don't think it's a spoiler to just say where the Kingsoul can be used since it's not going to be any more 'revealed'.
Crow

Post by Crow »

I kinda want y'all to be stubborn and make raocow think to figure it out himself

If y'all won't let him have this the entire la-mulana LP is going to be borderline unwatchable imo
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago I kinda want y'all to be stubborn and make raocow think to figure it out himself

If y'all won't let him have this the entire la-mulana LP is going to be borderline unwatchable imo
you type as if it will be watchable in the first place
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage

Post by 10204307 »

You should check out this super cool youtuber named "raocow", he might have some advice on where your birthplace is

(I'm just being cheeky, I get that it's been a real long time since then)
Crow

Post by Crow »

Grounder wrote: 5 years ago
Parama wrote: 5 years ago I kinda want y'all to be stubborn and make raocow think to figure it out himself

i mean, yes, it is absolutely not a raocow-friendly game to begin with
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Grounder wrote: 5 years ago

it will
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Congratulations raocow, I believe you beat every regular boss. Only remaing ones are the true final boss, whoever is at the end of the Coliseum, and the DLC guys.

-I think I remember seeing a cracked floor in a small side room. It was a really long time ago, above an entrance to either Fungas place or Fog place.
-There's that guy at the edgelands whose butt you can tickle. Still need to find the top part.
-And let's see how many useful rewards you missed out from Grubdad, all this time.
-Might as well sell your artifacts, too. I don't think that rare 4th one was ever sold.
-Have you bought everything possible? What about that lady who sells notches?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Crow

Post by Crow »

there's one thing i want to point out in the category of "stuff raocow found once but hasn't gone back to" - that being the grey mourner in the resting grounds

this was approximately Two Billion Years Ago though so i can see why he forgot

fairly certain raocow hasn't bought the last charm notch from the charm merchant either, but

tirakai

Post by tirakai »

The grey mourner is worth doing but can be a bit of a thing. It's not too difficult if you plan well and play very carefully but might not make for a great video (he could get it first try, could take over an hour and require lots of editing).

Post by 10204307 »

On the subject of the Grey Mourner, I will say that

the charm that Grubfather gives you for collecting all of the grubs is really great for that quest, but because raocow never changes his charms, I feel like he'd have to be specifically advised to try that.

Last edited by 10204307 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

tirakai wrote: 5 years ago The grey mourner is worth doing but can be a bit of a thing. It's not too difficult if you plan well and play very carefully but might not make for a great video (he could get it first try, could take over an hour and require lots of editing).
And maybe some angrycow, if we're lucky.

Honestly, even with the reward for that being what it is, I'd end up skipping that video. It was already bad enough seeing him be this close to progress today, I don't think I'd want to be around to watch him stumble all over the place just to plant a flower.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Joseph Staleknight wrote: 5 years ago And maybe some angrycow, if we're lucky.
You say like there aren't some of us who not-so-secretly hope for that :lol:

Like don't get me wrong I don't like raocow being legit upset, but I do enjoy his negative reactions to both extreme challenge and awful design. And that quest? A little from column A...
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

humour in this game goes pretty dark sometimes!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Parama wrote: 5 years agoI kinda want y'all to be stubborn and make raocow think to figure it out himself

I hope people don't just go spelling out everything for him in La-Mulana. It'll be hilarious seeing him try to beat his face against everything and accomplishing little. Though this is also raocow so it wouldn't surprise me at this point that he inexplicably manages to find success that way and thus totally fail to learn his lesson.
tirakai wrote: 5 years agoThe grey mourner is worth doing but can be a bit of a thing. It's not too difficult if you plan well and play very carefully but might not make for a great video (he could get it first try, could take over an hour and require lots of editing).
Planning things out and playing carefully isn't really raocow's modus operandi though. More likely he'll play just like normal with little preparation and just bowl his way through it bullheadedly even if it takes him numerous tries.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

ngl, I was starting to think you would end up not rescuing Bretta until like the last episode of the LP or something.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

hm maybe i should upgrade the dream nail to get this fight done

just kidding im not even going to do it in the video

:|
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

In today's episode, raocow heads to the shitty end of AO3.