(shouting)

let's play JIGGLY ZONE just a little bit before raocow does

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

let's play JIGGLY ZONE just a little bit before raocow does

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

this was actually recorded more than a month ago but i took too long getting around to editing it into parts, so here i am now instead of then. whoops! accidentally i am playing this roughly at the same time as raocow.

oh well.

it's JIGGLY ZONE

(i set my noise gate threshold too high when recording the first four parts, so my commentary gets clipped off sometimes and it'll keep happening for a bit; sorry!)
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
sylvie
Pronouns: she/her

Re: let's play JIGGLY ZONE just a little bit before raocow does

Post by sylvie »

Your reaction to the first powerup was great!
CrappyBlueLuigi

wow! second video!

i put a kinda qualitative statement on it in the video title, but that's just cause it doesn't seem like much happened in it outside of talking to jiggles, ramming my everything against spikes for longer than necessary, and thinking there's more to do in the mountain than there was at the time. but hey, if you like content where people just kinda do stuff aimlessly, then here you go! i made this just for you.
sylvie

Post by sylvie »

You learned some important JIGGLER lore this episode. I was surprised that you almost made that one spike jump. It looks like it might just barely be possible.
CrappyBlueLuigi

yeah, the last video wasn't really expendable or anything, there's just something about moon mountain that feels unimportant as an area. it's probably because i got it in my head that

i'd be getting a Powerup Cool Thing there and that never happened, even though that also doesn't happen in the forest

today's video: spooky? treasure i can't get? purple??

sylvie

Post by sylvie »

Yeah, Moon Mountain is basically just there to make the start of the game more open - after leaving JIGGLY Town you can either go left (the path you took) or right (through Moon Mountain) to reach the first powerup chest. After that I guess it's a little vestigial, aside from teaching you about the origins of JIGGLER.

So far this LP and raocow's have been weirdly similar. I wonder if he will also end today's video at the Sea Caverns.
CrappyBlueLuigi

it seems mr. cow and i have finally diverged in our paths... we'll see how this turns out

sylvie

Post by sylvie »

In Sea Caverns, you can reach the Depths door directly from the Pirate Hideout entrance using

gravity

- you don't have to go all the way around again. In fact,

you can even reach it without gravity, which was unintended, but I don't care enough to patch it

The ending of the video was good. I'm looking forward to how raocow reacts to that too.
CrappyBlueLuigi

oh, hi. i went on a three-day out-of-town trip for a wedding, and i didn't really set myself up to upload videos during that time, so let's play catch-up!

oh, wait, sorry. what i meant was "let's play JIGGLY ZONE"

much better! lagging behind is butts, and now things are less butts
sylvie

Post by sylvie »

Lots of progress and lots of going around in circles. Sorry for unintentionally tricking you into thinking Moon Mountain had something useful in it!

raocow is playing a newer version of the game than yours, so you might have noticed some slight differences in the level design in his version. There's also going to be one really big difference at the end of

Crimson Islands

CrappyBlueLuigi

sylvie wrote: 5 years ago Lots of progress and lots of going around in circles. Sorry for unintentionally tricking you into thinking Moon Mountain had something useful in it!
game design is hard! and it's even harder to like, communicate to the player what their expectations should be. i'm already encountering tons more of "oh i thought there'd be more to this area" stuff like that in la-mulana 2, though i guess sometimes that's part of the point

oh whoopso! i uploaded this late and then forgot to post it too

hubol
Pronouns: he/him

Post by hubol »

this slander is unbelievable!!! the

crimson islands

theme is absolutely not based on cotton-eyed joe. though it was an improvisational piece so maybe ive got a CEJ subconscious...
sylvie

Post by sylvie »

I can totally hear it now....
CrappyBlueLuigi

sorry hubol!! didn't mean to invalidate your work with that comment :c the music in this game is v silly but that doesn't mean serious work wasn't put into it, too
also as an Also A Composer i understand people comparing your music to other music and that feeling kinda bad and like a judgment of your creativity/originality so sorry if my comparison came off that way. i should be more careful with comments like those!

so ends... my JIGGLY ZONE... thank you to everyone who followed me along on this journey of playing this just a little bit before raocow did! i'm looking forward to seeing how he reacts to that ending :O
sylvie

Post by sylvie »

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure Hubol wasn't being serious.

Nice job finishing the game! I think you got 100% JIGGLERS too. It was fun having another LP to watch alongside raocow's.

If you update to the newest version of the game, there's

a bonus mode accessed by clicking the small JIGGLER that now appears on the title screen. It's mostly the same as the normal game, but it has all new dialogue and the powerup locations are swapped around.

It's not important enough to make an extra video for, but I just want to point it out since you might not find out about it otherwise.
CrappyBlueLuigi

sylvie wrote: 5 years ago If you update to the newest version of the game, there's

a bonus mode accessed by clicking the small JIGGLER that now appears on the title screen. It's mostly the same as the normal game, but it has all new dialogue and the powerup locations are swapped around.

It's not important enough to make an extra video for, but I just want to point it out since you might not find out about it otherwise.
hubol
Pronouns: he/him

Post by hubol »

CrappyBlueLuigi wrote: 5 years ago sorry hubol!! didn't mean to invalidate your work with that comment :c the music in this game is v silly but that doesn't mean serious work wasn't put into it, too
also as an Also A Composer i understand people comparing your music to other music and that feeling kinda bad and like a judgment of your creativity/originality so sorry if my comparison came off that way. i should be more careful with comments like those!
youre a sweetheart, and obviously my joke didnt land. i enjoyed and wasnt actually upset by your comment. i like to have fun with music and improvisation so comparisons like that come up all the time and i certainly appreciate those comments a lot more than the "was this guy on drug's??? LOL"

thanks for playing in the zone~
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

hubol wrote: 5 years ago i certainly appreciate those comments a lot more than the "was this guy on drug's??? LOL"
Always worth remembering Salvador Dali's quote when you get that ever-helpful 'feedback': "I don't do drugs. I am drugs."