(shouting)

Betterified II: hey mom, look at all this lua I added to the levels

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Waddle Derp
hi

Re: Betterified II: hey mom, look at all this lua I added to the levels

Post by Waddle Derp »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago I remember in the original game the Pipe Maze also leading to Pyramid level, that had a long lava tunnel. That one was my favorite, can't wait to see how it changed (water replacing lava?).
oh boy, you're in for a treat.

a really really hard treat
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Oh my, I didn't mean kick off something so heated.

My comment was largely in reference to people that clearly had difficulty admitting they liked something imperfect, as if admitting that they're having fun watching something not universally acclaimed would lessen their Talkhaus/YouTube Street Cred or something. If someone just outright doesn't like the game, that's different.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

To be honest I'm getting real annoyed with how every time we wanna talk about a game that Isn't Perfect we have to go over all this bullshit about base-level concepts related to how we enjoy or not enjoy something, which should be assumed by now. just talk about the game, stop being so adverse to conflict that you have to jump through all these meta-layers about whether criticizing somebody else's criticism is ~secretly~ telling them they're not allowed to dislike it or what the fuck
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

I can't speak for anyone else, but I say the things I say because I think needless negativity is not a status quo worth maintaining.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years ago Oh my, I didn't mean kick off something so heated.

My comment was largely in reference to people that clearly had difficulty admitting they liked something imperfect, as if admitting that they're having fun watching something not universally acclaimed would lessen their Talkhaus/YouTube Street Cred or something. If someone just outright doesn't like the game, that's different.
Oh, ok, because I totally read your comment as "if you can't admit this is great, something is wrong with you".

Yeah, it's totally ok to like something that's imperfect.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Valentine
[b]the[/b]
https://valentine.talkhaus.com/

Post by Valentine »

Good news: Most of world 6 had it's secret exits removed
LEVELS

Just for you - Me
The floor isn't - Waddle
Warp to The Original - Me
This is fine - Me
:trans_pride:
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

SAJewers wrote: 5 years ago
Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years ago Oh my, I didn't mean kick off something so heated.

Oh, ok, because I totally read your comment as "if you can't admit this is great, something is wrong with you".

Yeah, it's totally ok to like something that's imperfect.
Yeah, I should have been clearer. Sorry about all the aggravation. :( I need to post less when frustrated, clearly.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

I think it's okay to still couch your language in terms like "Wow, I normally don't care for wacky random garbage but this is surprisingly funny and workable". This isn't something to do with street cred or a pretense of superiority, for me at least it's a genuine conditional - it's okay to like things and state that you're normally not a fan of the space they occupy as much as it is to outright state your opinion without qualification, and this game is generating a lot of that specific flavour of reaction. Probably because it's a specific sense of humour, was hacked together quickly, and riffs on many staples of SMBX because it uses the "Default SMBX Episode" as its base.

I expected "This is Fine" to have more fire, but this is fine.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Sanct wrote: 5 years ago Good news: Most of world 6 had it's secret exits removed
LEVELS

Just for you - Me
The floor isn't - Waddle
Warp to The Original - Me
This is fine - Me
question: what happens in "This is fine" if birdo or the end goal shifts off the platform?
Leet

Post by Leet »

Probably nothing
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Valentine
[b]the[/b]

Post by Valentine »

I'm not sure, it depends on how smbx handles it, maybe it respawns when you leave the screen.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Just tested it and NPCs with the Set as Boss flag and the goal orb they spit out don't respawn if you leave the screen and return. So if they jittered off the edge the level would've become unwinnable.

Thanks Redigit.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Rockythechao wrote: 5 years ago Just tested it and NPCs with the Set as Boss flag and the goal orb they spit out don't respawn if you leave the screen and return. So if they jittered off the edge the level would've become unwinnable.

Thanks Redigit.
I was thinking more if if one tried to colect the goal orb while not on the platform. Does does still count as cleared, or is that a Kaizo trap?
Emral
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/

Post by Emral »

Rockythechao wrote: 5 years ago Just tested it and NPCs with the Set as Boss flag and the goal orb they spit out don't respawn if you leave the screen and return. So if they jittered off the edge the level would've become unwinnable.

Thanks Redigit.
I was thinking more if if one tried to colect the goal orb while not on the platform. Does does still count as cleared, or is that a Kaizo trap?
SMBX sets the victory flag for most goals as soon as the item is collected. So if you die, you still beat it. I don't know if you lose a life, though. I also don't think this rule applies to the SMB3 roulette, since that goal has some unique "hey walk offscreen for a win" properties which isn't present in any other goal.
I do things. You can find them on my talkhaus site. https://enjl.talkhaus.com/
Here is another link. This one lets you draw.
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/draw.html
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Enjl wrote: 5 years ago

Thanks Redigit.
SMBX sets the victory flag for most goals as soon as the item is collected. So if you die, you still beat it. I don't know if you lose a life, though. I also don't think this rule applies to the SMB3 roulette, since that goal has some unique "hey walk offscreen for a win" properties which isn't present in any other goal.
well, it's definitely not the case for the SMW goal tape.
Leet

Post by Leet »

To my knowledge, collecting stars and dying is fair, but beating a level and dying isn't (won't build the path on the OW). Which is why it was alright in asmbxt but not a2mbxt
Valentine
[b]the[/b]

Post by Valentine »

I could've sworn that the first level of this world was called malfunctioning, send it back but I guess I was wrong
LEVELS!!!!

Compact - Waddle
Sleeeeeeeeeeee - Waddle
Don't - Me
Malfunctioning, send it back - Me

There were no missed secret exits by the way so you don't need to worry about that.
Waddle Derp
hi

Post by Waddle Derp »

The joke in Compact is that it's all the sections pasted over eachother into one, horribly messy section. Which was then made playable, to some extent.
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

DON'T

i like that level, there's a mystery to it. Don't WHAT? Don't enter the door? Don't do anything BUT enter the door? The mysteries~

also raocow the joke with "Malfunctioning, send it back" was that all the moving platforms had their speeds tweaked to where anything that moved up and down to help you reach places was impossible to use, and everything else hinders you/goes too far
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Still begs the question of how you're intended to beat that Lakitu at the end if you miss the first throw.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

FPzero wrote: 5 years ago Still begs the question of how you're intended to beat that Lakitu at the end if you miss the first throw.
You could bring a Ninji to get some extra height.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I actually tried that, and just ended up killing it with the veggy I was holding when trying to jump on him
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Valentine
[b]the[/b]

Post by Valentine »

Bad Level is not only a bad level because it's bad, but because it had like 15 problems on release day.
LEVELS:

Smoother Physics - Waddle
No Airships Allowed - Me
Froggods' Wrath - Waddle
Budget Cuts - Me
You don't need to 2 - Waddle
Bad Level - "Me" (It's complicated)

Also there's like 3 parts left of this game probably
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

For comparison with the original LP of The Invasion II, DIre Dire Rocks was the middle of episode 20 of 22. Bad Level, its Betterified counterpart, is episode 14 of ??.
Waddle Derp
hi

Post by Waddle Derp »

I'm so glad you enjoyed Froggod's wrath ('Froggod' is actually Frog God, in reference to the green frog coins you collected in the original level); that level's my favorite from the entire episode up until this point, the final world has some neat stuff too.