(shouting)

Celeste - Everest

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: Celeste - Chomo Lonzo

Post by Leet »

it seems way too hard to 'map out' these areas in your head to make searching for secrets convenient

too bad because secrets are the best part of games
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

An important machine amidst pointless machines.

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

seemless
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

my mind refuses to process that maddy is old enough to drive

yes, my mind has no problem accepting that a character that looks like a little girl climbing the mountain completely on her own with magic hair propulsion to the point where it doesn't automatically make me go "well, duh, she has to be a short adult"
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Arctangent wrote: 5 years ago my mind refuses to process that maddy is old enough to drive

yes, my mind has no problem accepting that a character that looks like a little girl climbing the mountain completely on her own with magic hair propulsion to the point where it doesn't automatically make me go "well, duh, she has to be a short adult"
could have stolen the keys
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

Sooooooooo, this might hurt my sanity in the long run, but I'm gonna be attempting all the golden strawberry challenges along side this LP. ...Well, I say along side but I'll probably take a few extra weeks months to finish it up.

In short, it's a deathless challenge for each level. I haven't done these before, but now seemed like a good time to try them while the game is still fresh in my memory. We'll see if I break.

Note: I won't be going ahead of raocow and I'll make sure to note if there are any spoilers in any video (I can think of one level where this might be a thing).

So yeah, here's Forsaken City. Enjoy~
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

ganbatte susie-kun :o
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

the golden strawberries are brutal, i've done a few of them on the shorter/easier levels but i could never be bothered to do them for stuff like

5A onwards and really 3B onwards too

so uhh, good luck :B
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Up to you of course, but if you just mostly finish each level then go back and "clean up" multiple levels later, you won't end up with videos like this where you're just getting the last 2-3 things you missed. I enjoy a good completionist-ing video, but but assuming other levels are this size, seems like it'll be prone to situations like this.
Crow

Post by Crow »

aside from the second level, all the rest of the levels are way bigger than this one, actually

Filbi
A Hobbit
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Filbi »

RIP Maddy's car's suspension
I change this sig every year for Advent
Veruchai
Theoretically invisible

Post by Veruchai »

So silly question.
At 4:50 in the last video two of the dots on the bottom of the screen are red.
At 6:35 they have turned blue like the rest.

I thought they symbolized recently gotten strawberries but that doesn't seem to fit with the second video where different ones were red.
Do they get turned back to red after getting them again? That would make some sense as a "you are here" kind of thing.
If not I don't get it.
raocow

Post by raocow »

that's how I interpreted it, yeah
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

Catching up with this thread and...
Le Neveu de Rameau wrote: 5 years ago Also, I hear those blued-out strawberries are actually turnips
You shut up :x

Honestly, I think raocow's gonna do alright with this one. Like, I know I died a lot, but nothing ever felt "un-doable". It's pure execution and raocow's pretty good at video games.

That said, there were a couple screens I struggled with, so I wonder if he'll get through them easier than I did (my guess is probably but then he'll have trouble with something else I'm not expecting in true cow fashion).
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

RedMageSusie wrote: 5 years agoraocow's pretty good at video games.
Except for those pesky straightforward and overly simple things, lol.
raocow

Post by raocow »

okay, so world 1 is pretty neat, and good, and I loved it

but world 2 elevates everything so much I can see why people, like, *love* it
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Veruchai wrote: 5 years ago I thought they symbolized recently gotten strawberries but that doesn't seem to fit with the second video where different ones were red.
Do they get turned back to red after getting them again? That would make some sense as a "you are here" kind of thing.
If not I don't get it.
For the dots at the bottom of the pause screen, red means you got the strawberry in the current run of the chapter. Blue means you got it previously, but that turns red too if you get it again; this can help you keep track of which ones you got and their intended ordering. Horizontal gray bar means you haven't obtained it yet.
Last edited by ano0maly 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Crow

Post by Crow »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago okay, so world 1 is pretty neat, and good, and I loved it

but world 2 elevates everything so much I can see why people, like, *love* it
Yeah both the a side and b side of this level are among my faves in the game, the core mechanic is so much fun
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago okay, so world 1 is pretty neat, and good, and I loved it

but world 2 elevates
well I would hope so, you are climbing a mountain after all
Grounder

Re: Celeste - Nanda Devi

Post by Grounder »

hey 🅱adeline
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Leet

Post by Leet »

haha what a weirdo loser, she doesn't even give a thousand dollars to a megacorp to buy a shitty version of a computer

fuck off theo

e: also i forgot to comment about the dream. as usual, i find dream twists insulting not because they "reverse" what happened, because they don't, what happened still happened, but because they imply that the events of the chapter were "too absurd" to be real. the mountain's clearly magic and fucky so why not go all out with it? i was loving that entire final cutscene before she woke up, was just about to praise the game for going full surreal. i think it would have been really effective to have characters start telling you that you're in a dream and then not have you actually ever wake up. i'm assuming we'll see more weird stuff later but i was really fond of that cutscene in particular and hate to see it rationalized.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

For me, dream twists are only bad at the end of works. Used inside, they can still imply Very Strange Shit afoot. Of course, being at the end of an episode or chapter is a little disappointing, but then I recognised the scrambled text on the monument as an example of dream reading from the start, so I saw it coming.
Last edited by BobisOnlyBob 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

maddy looked really cute in that end-of-chapter picture
Leet wrote: 5 years ago e:
Honestly, I'm half expecting it wasn't a dream - or at least not "just a dream." I'm kinda expecting that the mountain can either drag you into a dream world or tries to twist your dreams into impromptu therapy sessions ... if we aren't just outright dealing with a Silent Hill-esque situation that's less willing to outright kill you.
Leet

Post by Leet »

Yeah I think it's possible to recontextualize it by playing with the idea more further. I just would enjoy it more if everything was surreal for no reason.
Crow

Post by Crow »

driving me insane to see raocow try to break things and give up after he didn't even hit the thing he's trying to break aaahh