(shouting)

Celeste - Everest

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Re: Celeste - K2

Post by Crow »

8C is not as hard as 5C or 7C in my opinion, but it could take a bit.
Also, dying right at the end there was an incredibly raocow moment.
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

NOOOOOO *poof*

:lol:
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

And to think, 28 was the final A side video. This game lasts
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

This is the most "raocow" video in existence.

8C I maintain is the 2nd hardest C side, fittingly so because it's the last one. My complete and total hatred of Core Blocks aside. The 3rd room, much like every other C-side to lesser or greater extents, is still very much a thing.

Also core blocks suck.

I'm an idiot who likes vidya games.
And also maybe makes bad decisions based on those vidya games.
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Both 7C and 8C took me about an hour of continuous, concentrated playing to finally beat. I don't know if you'll manage it in one video, but good luck anyway.

And don't feel bad, I also fell off the mountain in 7C, except mine was because I somehow undershot the dash for the heart.

So close to the end of the journey...
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

8C is super tough as well, but

I love how most of the gimmicks from the earlier levels are brought back in the final room. It really makes the last gauntlet of the game feel climactic.

Zach808

Post by Zach808 »

So raocow died at the end after dying at the end. This is glorious.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

7c was a genuinely great level
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

I consider the alternate universe where Maddy accidentally dashed off the cliff after talking to the old lady on the summit to be the primary, canon timeline.
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

Next video will be FINAL, I assume.
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

Who knows?
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

A few have reminded raocow of the easter egg in the A-side so it could also be a case of splitting room 3 in two and also featuring that in the next video
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

next time

raocow struggles with overcoming his celeste addiction
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

If the "one last thing I want to do" is the other (

winged

) golden strawberry in 1A, don't. I tried it with Assist Mode just to see the thing for myself (without actually collecting it), and some parts do feel like they make sense, but other parts not so much. They feel TAS-like, even as I can see what kind of trick was used to pull it off.

If there's going to be one more video, I would instead suggest checking out the secret room in 6A, Assist Mode functions, and Cheat Mode in your other file. You could even do what I did and check out that strawberry with Assist Mode on to get an idea of what that would be like. If the content is too short you could also fit it into the first JIGGLY ZONE video.
Last edited by ano0maly 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

I'm assuming it's the last achievement he has left to get,

1UP!

Last edited by SAJewers 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
repairmanman

Post by repairmanman »

Top ten anime betrayals

Nothing to see here
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

SAJewers wrote: 5 years ago I'm assuming it's the last achievement he has left to get,

1UP!

Oh, that's a little different. I still think what I've stated would make a better video since it's features we haven't seen in the LP before.
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

If raocow is doing the 1-A thing next video, I imagine it's not necessarily going to be him spending hours seriously attempting it but rather just seeing how far he can go until he gets to a screen he just can't figure out (essentially stopping before angrycow comes out). I think that could make for a fun video.

Maybe adding in the 6A secret too as a quick extra since that should be fairly easy now that's he's learned the advanced techniques.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

i'm also in favor of rao trying for the

1UP

achievement since it's a solidly interesting challenge and shouldn't take him too terribly long at this point

i'm against doing the no-dash challenge but if that's the thing then whatever go for it man :P
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Zach808

Post by Zach808 »

Quick question: Are you allowed to die when going for the winged strawberry? If not, I have no idea how he'd ever get it.
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

Zach808 wrote: 5 years ago Quick question: Are you allowed to die when going for the winged strawberry? If not, I have no idea how he'd ever get it.
I've seen a video where they died mid-run.

Meanwhile, raocow DID beat 5C room 1 with corner spike abuse. So Winged Goldie should be easy!

Also delete Core Blocks.

Also also, the small spoiler tag in an earlier post: No fireballs?
I'm an idiot who likes vidya games.
And also maybe makes bad decisions based on those vidya games.
First name: Violet

Post by 10204307 »

If he is going to go for that last achievement, I'm just wondering if he'll figure out how to do it...

Although, since he's played so much Mario, if he saw the name of the achievement on the Steam page and noticed the score indicator when you collect strawberries, he might put two-and-two together.

Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Is there any in-game hint that there's a winged golden strawberry? How did anyone ever find it?
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

Ditocoaf wrote: 5 years ago Is there any in-game hint that there's a winged golden strawberry? How did anyone ever find it?
It's not exactly out there to challenge yourself to beat a game without using a fundamental game mechanic, especially if you start with the first stage. The golden strawberries are final, completely bragging rights super challenges anyway, so it's pretty reasonable to have one that isn't hinted at at all but is something you'd expect the peeps that'd go for golden strawberries to do anyway.

Heck, even then, the existence of winged strawberries ( collect them without dashing ) and golden strawberries ( collect them the same way you collect normal strawberries i.e. touch them and don't die, but throughout the entire level ) makes the existence of a golden winged strawberry ( collect it the same way you collect winged strawberries, i.e. without dashing, but throughout the entire level ) not exactly a given, but something that a player might have suspicions about.
sylvie

Post by sylvie »

Another hint is that without that last winged golden strawberry, there would be exactly 199 strawberries in the game. I don't know exactly how that strawberry was found, but it seems pretty natural to assume there might be a super secret 200th strawberry just to make the number nicer, and try various weird things to find it.