(shouting)

Celeste - Everest

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: Celeste - Cho Oyu

Post by ano0maly »

I feel like everyone (other than Giik) has missed my earlier pre-video post about how to hop consistently on the deranged hotel manager

I haven't seen the full video yet but I'm thinking of outright recording how I did 3C if it helps
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I would have tried dashing sideways just above Oshiro. Not sure if this would actually work, though.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago I would have tried dashing sideways just above Oshiro. Not sure if this would actually work, though.
yeah, this is exactly what i do & suggested :lol:
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I stop reading anything as soon as it starts to sound like it might be talking about somethign related to future gameplay. you all know this. I need to do this to avoid spoilers in like everything I play.

also, really loving the few comments on youtube who are 'I dunno I thought this was funny lol' 'I beat it in half an hour I dunno ?!?!' like alright, thanks for making my day shittier I guess congrats
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
hubol
Pronouns: he/him

Post by hubol »

bummer

the ghost timing is trash and i think the hot slowdown effect messed me up really bad even in the a-side. good luck
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Yeah, that level looks frustrating. While watching I idly brainstormed a few things I could imagine trying to make it easier, but the level is far from the best opportunity to just try stuff.

Spoiler to quarantine posting-about-posting:
Leet's best move was probably to drop it sooner, but Parama, your posting voice is frequently weirdly confrontational. I guess it's context-dependent: you sound like I sometimes do when posting to SomethingAwful. But belligerent hyperbole is the center to which SA's scales are tared. Not so much here.
...Probably best for everyone to drop it, which I guess makes me a hypocrite for trying to talk about it but oh well.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I like to believe that all things can be talked through without it being all weird and having to be hushed up, abruptly dropped or only spoken indirectly.

But the keywords are "like to believe".
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

It's not that I don't think you guys can talk this out and come to an understanding, it's that I think that it would be a lengthy process before anything is accomplished, which would meanwhile dominate this thread about Celeste for too long at the expense of other people trying to use it for other purposes. I encourage PMs if you want to work out your differences.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

so i watched a video of someone completing that last jump in 3C, i.e., the final steps after riding that moving block to the right. what they did is in the spoiler below.
1. while clinging to the block with blue hair, jump straight up and bounce on Oshiro's head (to recharge dash), then grab the block again
2. then jump down right to the recharge gem
3. when falling through the gem, dash up-right twice (thanks to the gem)
4. this gives enough height to touch the heart

you do not need to bounce on Oshiro as part of the final jumps/dashes to the heart. you only need to bounce on him after grabbing the block to recharge your dash.

this does require timing the bounce on Oshiro *without* including a dash as part of the jump. because you don't HAVE a dash to use at that point.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I'm sorry about your bad day. In my case I posted my tip because it was apparent that you already finished playing the session, and I felt that it could help if you didn't finish 3C, because it really did work well for me.

Having seen the relevant part of the video, I now see that you did exactly the opposite of what I would advise. You want to use your dash to dive, not ascend. Trying to stay afloat an arbitrary amount of time in advance and then land on Oshiro is very difficult. You have to time things way early for that, whereas if you strike down at him, most of your timing work is on right when you want to bounce on him.

Here's how I got the heart:

Last edited by ano0maly 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Holy

Post by Holy »

I do not like the lil ghosties or their ghost man. It just starts to feel like you’ve got to luck into the right timing rather than actually time it — they’re going so fast.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I just demonstrated otherwise
underFlo
you spinda right round
First name: Florence
Pronouns: they/she

Post by underFlo »

3C definitely was the most frustrating for me as well. You actually figured out that you can super walljump dash thingy in the 2nd room way quicker than I did but yeah that final section sucks a whole lot. I feel just removing everything up to the Oshiro jumps or adding a checkpoint would help a lot because it isn't too hard to get a feeling for the first half of the final section so at that point the iteration time between deaths just becomes like 10 extra seconds which sucks especially because these Oshiro jumps are something a player will likely have had very little experience with at that point.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Didn't watch the video because of Angrycao but did this video affect your mood in any of the other videos btw? Just asking because I love watching happycao. :)

Also I hope you'll feel better again soon. Hm, at least once you get to play Hollow Knight (if that is a relief for you) you will probably love it and with the exception of a few very slected parts this game will probably not make you angry or frustrated (except for

the third arena fight, maybe Nightmare King Grimm and maybe the Path of Pain

). So good times are ahead of us.
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
Zach808

Post by Zach808 »

Slit08 wrote: 5 years ago Didn't watch the video because of Angrycao but did this video affect your mood in any of the other videos btw? Just asking because I love watching happycao. :)

Also I hope you'll feel better again soon. Hm, at least once you get to play Hollow Knight (if that is a relief for you) you will probably love it and with the exception of a few very slected parts this game will probably not make you angry or frustrated (except for

Well, he does play the B-side last, so chances are he’ll be fine in other videos. It’s the B-side that’s usually affected by the previous videos. Which kinda makes me nervous for Hollow Knight, considering Vip4 can be a pretty draining experience at times. I’ve heard Hollow Knight is one of those “Dark Souls of ______” types of games.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Zach808 wrote: 5 years agoI’ve heard Hollow Knight is one of those “Dark Souls of ______” types of games.
Hollow Knight is thematically a Soulslike, having the sort of medieval gothic horror atmosphere and boss designs it has, and has two mechanics that borrow from Souls games (

death recovery of currency and slow, high-risk healing

), but at its core it takes more from the Metroidvania genre, as it lacks a few of the key signifiers of the Soulsike genre - most importantly the Stamina gauge.
best of luck to raocow with that ghost though :( I was expecting an unfinished C-side later, but this kinda blindsided me! especially after the hard cut, I was convinced you were gonna clear it, even if you finished angry, but... jeez.
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Zach808 wrote: 5 years ago
Slit08 wrote: 5 years ago Didn't watch the video because of Angrycao but did this video affect your mood in any of the other videos btw? Just asking because I love watching happycao. :)

Well, he does play the B-side last, so chances are he’ll be fine in other videos. It’s the B-side that’s usually affected by the previous videos. Which kinda makes me nervous for Hollow Knight, considering Vip4 can be a pretty draining experience at times. I’ve heard Hollow Knight is one of those “Dark Souls of ______” types of games.
It has the Dark Souls atmosphere but it's nowhere as hard as a Souls game. raocow will be fine and will probably love Hollow Knight.

Also raocow: Despite all the troubles you have with C-sides I hope once the project ends you'll still look at it favourably. C-sides are just additional super hard challengers for those hardcore players that love these kind of challenges (which you were always open to since you've played a lot of really hard games) but the game is more than the C-sides and I hope that as angry as you might get at the game, that despite all of these frustrations you will still remember the good times when you "review" it.
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

FPzero wrote: 5 years agoThis is probably also shitty advice but I think you oftentimes get in a habit of attempting something one way without trying to see if another way will work.
And at times where his "do before thinking" attitude is clearly not helping him, it'd be a good idea to step back and take a minute to try and think things through rather than repeatedly bashing his face against things, frustrating himself more and more. The game provides a set of binoculars for that room and he did use it at first but he only quickly glanced over things then seemingly forgot about it. That final set of jumps is the sort of thing you don't really have time to think about on the fly and have to plan out your moves ahead of time.
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Post by tangy »

Oof. Today's video starts with stresscow
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

le petit kappa
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Crow

Post by Crow »

i'm glad the sideways dash method seemed to work out better for you!

also you got totally snubbed on that one attempt, wow

i will say another thing i notice about this level & the b-side as well; the music here, while jammin', is the only song in the game that hits that "obnoxious" and stress-inducing level after constant replays, tbh. it's why it's my least favorite c-side song by a good mile, even if it's "fine" on its own

i hope you have a nice vacation from mountain climbing! 4C i really do not expect to give you as much trouble, it's one of the easier ones
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Ok, here's the problem: you're afraid of him. You jump too early because you sense his attack, you feel he'll hit you on your descent, and you dash up by reflex. Don't be.
Giik

Post by Giik »

Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

today raocow became

mancow
Crow

Post by Crow »

i'm also seriously hoping raocow doesn't get dicked over by the 8C heart now because i've seen it a few times where, due to how the last bit is set up, it's possible to die -after- collecting the heart which is just plain ol' garbage