(shouting)

Celeste - Everest

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Slit08

Re: Celeste - Annapurna I

Post by Slit08 »

Question to you raocow: Since you mentioned other games you've played affecting you which game (A-side or C-side) gave you a really bad time that affected your mood in a negative way? I guess the C-side since you should just start with a new A-side?
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

I think I remember at some points raocow mentioned that he records videos in a different order than he uploads them. I'm curious if that's still the case.
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

I guess it was that Harpuia video...
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Ditocoaf wrote: 5 years agoI think I remember at some points raocow mentioned that he records videos in a different order than he uploads them. I'm curious if that's still the case.
The video description outright states this knowledge?
man
okay so, for those who don't know, the order I typically record is c-a-b. As such, the b-side has the unfortunate distinction of being the one most influenced by previous experiences of the day, and I think today is a big example of that. or maybe I'm being honest with myself and I'm not aware of it ?!

lots of stuff edited out today
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

Alice wrote: 5 years ago
Ditocoaf wrote: 5 years agoI think I remember at some points raocow mentioned that he records videos in a different order than he uploads them. I'm curious if that's still the case.
The video description outright states this knowledge?
man
okay so, for those who don't know, the order I typically record is c-a-b. As such, the b-side has the unfortunate distinction of being the one most influenced by previous experiences of the day, and I think today is a big example of that. or maybe I'm being honest with myself and I'm not aware of it ?!

lots of stuff edited out today
you can record c-a-b every day and still upload them in the same order, 2/3 of a day later. cab repeating has abc in order.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

I think it was stated in the past but c & b are posted the same day while a is posted the next day (I think?)
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

yup, that is correct!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
sylvie
Pronouns: she/her

Post by sylvie »

I liked raocow's spike rant in this episode. The association between having lots of static hazards (spikes/munchers/etc.) and bad or lazy game design is interesting to me. As long as the hazards are well-placed and interesting to navigate, I think any amount is ok....

I also prefer static hazards to moving hazards in games like Celeste. Because screens are very short, avoiding moving hazards often feels like trial and error to me ("find the right path through the screen that lets you casually slip past everything") instead of testing timing or reaction.
Crow

Post by Crow »

yeah +1 to the above, it's a big reason why I don't particularly care for super meat boy nor chapter 3 of this game. just give me rooms based around movement & cool obstacles, not moving objects and cycles and all that garbage
Crow

Post by Crow »

oh also. flagzone might need to be two things btw. i spent the majority of my time in 7B on flagzone. it's vicious :lol:
btw to make that "awkward" momentum jump at the end of the mirror temple section easier you just diagonal dash down+left & press jump as soon as you land, you'll land on the block as it's moving & get that same boost speed without having to do the dash in a really narrow way. just a small note
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago I think it was stated in the past but c & b are posted the same day while a is posted the next day (I think?)
raocow wrote:yup, that is correct!
I'm a visual thinker so
oh.png
oh.png (3.36 KiB) Viewed 3648 times
now it all makes sense
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Which means the B-side, currently Celeste, can contain foreshadowing for that night's Megaman and tomorrow's Mario, as it did during the Day of Salt. :D
Crow

Post by Crow »

rao if you finished the level today how long is the video uncut
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

I really dislike the dash walljump mechanic, the game keeps putting you in situations where it's hard to line up.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

And as someone pointed out earlier, raocow accidentally did the dash wall jump late in the 2nd level.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Crow

Post by Crow »

really does feel like it should be a finale, huh? well. 8B waits. i.... don't like 8B much lol :lol: there's just a few rooms in particular that reeeeeally bother me
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Huh, surprised that you liked the top of the summit. In 7A the flags section had a victory lap kind of a vibe, even if there was still some challenge. In 7B it's actually slow and arduous to get through the flags (strangely, this ceases once you reach flag 1 to aim for the summit flag). And then near the end the game suddenly teaches you a new mechanic.

The worst thing with the dash wall jump in this level is that you almost always need to maneuver midair beneath some corner before dashing up next to it, making it tricky to aim for the wall. Fortunately, the jump works with a let of a small gap.

Honestly, the hardest part of the level isn't even learning this new tech. It's those clouds. You have to get good at the full range of the clouds: walking off the cloud before it even finishes wobbling so that it doesn't float you onto thorns, and getting the maximum boosts while aiming your movement correctly. It's the fact that jump-boosting off the cloud gives you a high boost, but pressing jump at the right moment gives you an extra-high boost, which you need sometimes. It might not be apparent at first that the cloud may boost you even higher than you think.
strongbadman

Re: Celeste - Nanga Parbat

Post by strongbadman »

For some reason I remembered chapter 8 being short so I thought the b side would only be one video. Then I remembered the advancing lava part. Anyway, just one more video and the B sides will be done! Sometimes they could be a little much but they're very good at what they do and I appreciate the extra content.
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

7B and 8B are the points where the game is basically telling you "Look how good you've gotten at the game now, this would've looked impossible at the beginning but now, you're able to get through something so difficult!"

You're so close to the end now. You can do it!
Crow

Post by Crow »

the iceblock room at 4:39 is one of my least favorite in the game, it's just so needlessly... nitpicky. i dunno. i always have problems with that room in particular
the last room of the video today is also kind of a thing but EHH it's at least learnable

tomorrow: an ending
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Remember way back in chapter 4 when you said you weren't even halfway done with the game?

Good times.
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

honestly could you ever really expect anything else from matt
Emral
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/

Post by Emral »

If I were you, I'd consider "beat all C-sides" 'done' for this LP, for your sanity's sake.
There are a total of 200 strawberries in the game and the golden ones are quite a doozy. I've recently started work on getting them and the Chapter 4-A one took me 5 hours alone. And that's on the easier end for A-Side golden strawberries.
I recommend checking out 1-A's golden strawberry though to see what the deal with them is. Just give it a few attempts and think about the implications :p
I do things. You can find them on my talkhaus site. https://enjl.talkhaus.com/
Here is another link. This one lets you draw.
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/draw.html
Zach808

Post by Zach808 »

Ah, the C sides. Haven't reached them yet, but from a golden strawberry run I've seen, you might be able to fit 2 of them in 1 video. Not sure, though.

As for the golden strawberries, you'd probably have better luck restarting Hyper VI and beating it entirely toolless before you get them all.
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Welcome to the next level. I'm glad no one here spoiled you on the C-Sides because that reaction was perfect.

Echoing everyone else about the Golden Strawberries. You should give 1-A's Golden Strawberry a shot to see what it's like to attempt one, since 1-A is really forgiving for such a thing. But otherwise you shouldn't consider them part of the LP because they will probably drive you insane. I have 6 or 7 of them and I think I'm satisfied with that number because of the skill and time investment required. The C-Sides will give you enough of an endgame challenge, that's for sure!