(shouting)

Celeste - Everest

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: Celeste - Chomo Lonzo

Post by ano0maly »

Oh, you're returning to chapter 1 for completion before starting chapter 2. That's going to make the let's play more spoilery for those of us that are casually playing from chapter to chapter without getting everything yet.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Does B stand for bald?

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

all those spikes must be scary for this duo
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

this game has been pretty good so far. i like the lack of exposition at the beginning, the character just shows up and starts climbing, even though there's clearly a plot of some kind

it half makes me wonder if i should be playing it instead, and half makes me wonder why raocow hasn't played the end is nigh yet since its structure is rather similar
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Leet wrote: 5 years ago this game has been pretty good so far. i like the lack of exposition at the beginning, the character just shows up and starts climbing, even though there's clearly a plot of some kind

it half makes me wonder if i should be playing it instead, and half makes me wonder why raocow hasn't played the end is nigh yet since its structure is rather similar
This is a bit better than the end is nigh, it's more approachable, and it seems to have more respect for the player.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago Does B stand for bald?

X is pretty brave to be tackling the mountain without an air dash.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Heavy Sigh wrote: 5 years ago X is pretty brave to be tackling the mountain without an air dash.
He has it, but for some reason his sprite never changes unless you have the full armor in Xtreme.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Yeah, so this game is literally "What if the Jumper dude made Knytt Stories?"

Also, I hear those blued-out strawberries are actually turnips
Cosmo Fishhawk

Post by Cosmo Fishhawk »

This game is beautiful and I can really see how it builds off Thorsen's earlier work design-wise.

Also, I definitely approve of the video titles.
Leet

Post by Leet »

strongbadman wrote: 5 years ago
Leet wrote: 5 years ago this game has been pretty good so far. i like the lack of exposition at the beginning, the character just shows up and starts climbing, even though there's clearly a plot of some kind

This is a bit better than the end is nigh, it's more approachable, and it seems to have more respect for the player.
neither of those mean "better" and this is unsolicited
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Parama wrote: 5 years agothe game is set up in a way to minimize exploration frustration anyways
Of course if you're the sort to overlook the "return to map" option in the menu when looking to return to the map then that's not going to help much, lol.
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Ryrir »

Menus are hard man

I mean, "Return to Map", what does that even mean? Could be anything. Literally nobody knows.

In all seriousness though, this game seems extremely fun to play. The difficulty is already nothing to scoff at, but I'm excited to see where it will go. This has all the markings for a great LP!
this is getting laundromatic
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

Ryrir wrote: 5 years ago I mean, "Return to Map", what does that even mean? Could be anything. Literally nobody knows.
y'all are giving raocow a hard time about this but, in all seriousness, "Return to Map" is equally likely to mean "Return to Map without saving your collectibles" as it is to mean "Return to Map and save your collectibles"
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

this
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I guess my one criticism of this game so far is that it needs some indication of what is a death pit, and what isn't.

For example, Shantea has faded skull and cross bones rise float up. Other games get away with a simple 'fade to black' effect done there.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Voltgloss wrote: 5 years agoy'all are giving raocow a hard time about this but, in all seriousness, "Return to Map" is equally likely to mean "Return to Map without saving your collectibles" as it is to mean "Return to Map and save your collectibles"
Easily tested by saving and quitting, reloading, then trying the option. And if it turns out to work as it actually does then that saves you the time of having to repeat large chunks of chapters. If it turns out to not work that way then it only wastes like 20 seconds one time.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

this
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

leet i was like the only lad to vote for The End is Nigh on patreon. people really like cheerful pixels instead of gloopy depressed blops. It's a bit unfortunate
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago I guess my one criticism of this game so far is that it needs some indication of what is a death pit, and what isn't.

For example, Shantea has faded skull and cross bones rise float up. Other games get away with a simple 'fade to black' effect done there.
From what I can see from raocow's videos so far, Celeste's rule is that the bottom of the screen is always fatal.

If you ever exit via the top of the screen, it'll put you on a one-way platform on the new screen. If the game wants a returnable vertical-ish route, it'll have sideways doors that scroll the screen diagonally.

EDIT: now I'm remembering exceptions to this rule we've already seen. Never mind. Hah, I was pretty impressed with this trick I imagined the game used.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Ditocoaf wrote: 5 years ago EDIT: now I'm remembering exceptions to this rule we've already seen. Never mind. Hah, I was pretty impressed with this trick I imagined the game used.
I think all those exceptions are always clearly marked in a way like "why would you want to go here just to seemingly die?", so I assume it will be like this for the whole game.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

from what i've seen of the end is nigh the controls look really heavy and intentionally awkward plus i'm just not a fan of the newgrounds-esque "edgy" aesthetic all of mcmillen's games have. or his level design philosophy in general, really.

chapter 3

has level design that reminds me a lot of meat boy and it's by far my least favorite chapter in the game just in general
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
dr_vblschrf
may or may not be an actual fox

Post by dr_vblschrf »

Loving the game and the LP so far! This is the first I've heard of the game since I'v'e been living under a rock since about August but it's looking like one I'll need to play!

Also loving the episode titles, I just finished rewatching the original series so that's nicely timed.
Leet

Post by Leet »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago from what i've seen of the end is nigh the controls look really heavy and intentionally awkward plus i'm just not a fan of the newgrounds-esque "edgy" aesthetic all of mcmillen's games have. or his level design philosophy in general, really.
it's about depression :/ but moreover i don't know why my mentioning it was an invitation for everyone to come and talk about why it's Bad, Actually
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago

chapter 3

has level design that reminds me a lot of meat boy and it's by far my least favorite chapter in the game just in general
This sounds exciting; chapter 1 here already has the meat boy/TEIN vibes with these fast conveyor platforms.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

it's way less exciting than you think

also i said already that i think it would be for the best to wait on the b-sides until you've cleared all the a-sides, yeah, the first b-side is still harder platforming than most of the main game has
i've honestly never played a video game in my life