(shouting)

Super Mario Doomsday - Turning Off The Matrix

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Miyoron

Re: Super Mario Doomsday - Quantum Computing Cybersecurity Cryptohacking Apocalypse

Post by Miyoron »

I might be crazy, but I keep feeling like the underground theme remix is about to transition into All Star. Like every single time. I don't know how much I like the music changes, like the end level fanfare, but it seems interesting so far!
AlchemistHohenheim

Re: Super Mario Doomsday - Quantum Computing Cybersecurity Cryptohacking Apocalypse

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

If I'm remembering correctly, the Mini Mario power-up in the NSMB games allowed you to enter special tiny pipes, and also allowed Mario to run on water for some reason.

I have no idea if this information will be of use for this game.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

I feel personally attacked that this game uses that death voice clip but not "Just what I needed!" upon getting a powerup.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

I couldn't tell whether the jumping difficulties raocow had with Mini Mario were just more wrestling with the game's atypical physics, or whether Mini Mario suffers from hitbox dissonance. Or both.
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Mini Mario seemed to have the same hitbox as normal Mario. You could see raocow bump into pipes with a whole bunch of extra pixels in front of him.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

That should be a really easy fix. However, Mario's collisions probably flip out if he gets a powerup next to a wall and returns to full size. That's a little harder to fix. I suspect that to be the reasoning behind mini Mario keeping the same hitbox.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years agoI feel personally attacked that this game uses that death voice clip but not "Just what I needed!" upon getting a powerup.
Personally I vote for a compromise between the two. The game should play "Just what I needed!" upon dying.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Seen! That is a much better idea.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Cosmo Fishhawk

Re: Super Mario Doomsday - Y2K Virus

Post by Cosmo Fishhawk »

YelseyKing wrote: 6 years ago Cat planet owl control! ... Yellow hurts.

Oh man.
Control ALL of the owls!

Cosmo Fishhawk

Post by Cosmo Fishhawk »

Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years ago I feel personally attacked that this game uses that death voice clip but not "Just what I needed!" upon getting a powerup.
It should play a sample from the song "Just What I Needed."
Cosmo Fishhawk

Post by Cosmo Fishhawk »

When I was a kid playing Mario 3, my friends and I used to call getting three separate pieces in the match game "getting AIDS" and then laugh our heads off.

We were terrible human beings lol.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

block fields huh

oof not a great level
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

Alice wrote: 5 years ago Personally I vote for a compromise between the two. The game should play "Just what I needed!" upon dying.
I think GBA SMB3 didn't go far enough. We need "Just what I needed" on constant loop.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Bit of an updraught on Mario's cape there.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Today, we finally found a path between levels that didn't contain a cutscene, so things are starting to look up.
Sebby19

Re: Super Mario Doomsday - Large Hadron Collider Black Hole

Post by Sebby19 »

There was another invisible block at the end of that upper path (after the two arrows pointing at eachother).

raocow, you're in World 2, not 1!

I don't think Mini Mario running up walls is actually in this game. That function was exclusive to NSMB.U. The next game, NSMB 2, just had the other abilities (fit in tight spaces/pipes, floaty jumps, run on water, can't kill without groundpound)
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker

Post by Super Maks 64 »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago I don't think Mini Mario running up walls is actually in this game. That function was exclusive to NSMB.U. The next game, NSMB 2, just had the other abilities (fit in tight spaces/pipes, floaty jumps, run on water, can't kill without groundpound)
NSMBU was after NSMB2
Classtoise
First name: June
Pronouns: she/her/it/its

Post by Classtoise »

Ditocoaf wrote: 5 years ago Today, we finally found a path between levels that didn't contain a cutscene, so things are starting to look up.
Counterpoint we've added the presidence that there are invisible blocks where you need to look for a tiny ! To appear to find.
:bi_pride: :trans_pride:
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Classtoise wrote: 5 years ago
Ditocoaf wrote: 5 years ago Today, we finally found a path between levels that didn't contain a cutscene, so things are starting to look up.
Counterpoint we've added the presidence that there are invisible blocks where you need to look for a tiny ! To appear to find.
"tiny"
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

Classtoise wrote: 5 years ago
At least the game introduced this mechanic in an area (i) that the player couldn't miss as it was on the main path, (ii) where finding the invisible block was required to advance, (iii) where the player was in no danger, and (iv) where an NPC gave a hint that there was some hidden way to proceed. As far as games teaching the player "hey hidden blocks exist here's how they work," I think this is actually pretty well done.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

this is how we learn that raocow will not register a world as being complete if there is no sign with a number 2 painted on it on the map
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Nobody else seems to have mentioned it, but there was an indicator for a hidden block on the upper path, just to the right of where you dropped onto the Chargin' Chuck.

Probably it was just a 1-Up or something. Still, maybe keep an eye out for that when you're in a weirdly empty area that takes some work to get to.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Dragon Fogel wrote: 5 years agoNobody else seems to have mentioned it, but there was an indicator for a hidden block on the upper path, just to the right of where you dropped onto the Chargin' Chuck.
Sebby19 wrote:There was another invisible block at the end of that upper path (after the two arrows pointing at eachother).
?
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I didn't read closely enough to catch that.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
BuzzNBen
First name: Ben

Post by BuzzNBen »

I should probably mention this before I forget. I highly recommend going back to Toad Town before you complete World 2 (it'll say in the Statistics Menu what world you are in) and talk to Dr. Toadley again. Remember, he'll say something new after every world you complete.

And maybe while you are there, talk to the yellow toad after that bridge that you missed in Episode 1 and enter the castle you also missed in Episode 1.