(shouting)

Rabi-Ribi - Dolphin Room

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Victory

Post by Kilgamayan »

Erina Prime will pop up and say stuff if you go exploring in certain areas. I don't know if she has one for every area, but I triggered her in Sky Island Town (she apparently has heard of Lilith and her 'great technique', to which Player Erina kinda goes UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NVM ALL THAT) and Ravine 2.

Thank you for playing this! I know a lot of people get turned off by Titty Time, but this is an excellent, charming game outside of that.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

It's hard to notice unless you're familiar with shmups or bullet hell-like patterns, but there definitely is a slight speed reduction and density reduction.

However, I would argue that the most evident and probably determining factor going to mild is that the boss seems to have ~33% as much health and ~33% as much attack power. If I just amplify the numbers here based on raocow's performance on this fight without changing anything else, he would have used up all his food and died on about the second healthbar. Nine raw Erinas of difference is a lot.

Either way, it was a good show, and I loved the philosophical take on the conclusion at the end. It seems your reward is that Erina Noah becomes Erina's Giga Attack, but at the cost of basically turning into Alia. But like you said, existing is good, so maybe it's not so bad.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

i'm glad the game ends this way now instead of with the skeevy irisu plot and meeehhh janky fight, i genuinely enjoyed this boss and plotline as an ending & honestly whatever DLC they insert after better not ruin it or i'd be upset
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Given the alleged future DLC corridor is in the Exotic Laboratory, I suspect it will expand on what Erina Prime said about the original catastrophe of the barrier falling originating from the outside world, since that was never really expanded upon in-game beyond Cicini and Sharo stating the outside world knows about Rabi Rabi Island and some folks are trying to get there.

Or it may just be more Cicini/Sharo silliness, but that seems a lot less likely.
Last edited by Kilgamayan 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Never got the DLC so this is the first time I'm getting the full story. And... it's shockingly original to have an entire game that deals not with greed or imminent danger or "darkness" or anything, but sources its conflicts (almost exclusively!) from the aftermath of a heroic sacrifice. Say what you will about its delivery (I'm sure I will too) but the core ideas at work here are spectacular.

Thank you for playing this! I'm glad to have seen the ending for myself, and super glad that you ended up enjoying the game so much!
I don't really get it but okay
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Hey rao, next time you return to this game, try out the boss-rush mode that let's you play as other characters.

There's also a totem by an early game save point where you try to rack up your combo. I'd like to see if anything happens there, if you get MAX rank in time.

And there's a certain fake wall in the night time area :)
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

... and apparently there's a mid-boss you never found.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Lord Dechronos

Post by Alice »

Jesuiscontent wrote: 5 years agoAfter how well today went compared to yesterday, even on patterns you never saw, I don't know how you can believe whatever jackass that said that there's no difference between the two difficulties. It wasn't a numbers thing at all, you barely got hit ever, of course the attacks are different. The speed and numbers of bullets are drastically reduced, she does less of those bomb-like status effects, and the 3rd phase (where she uses past bosses attacks) transitions as soon as she hits survival instinct whereas you have to go through every attack at least once on Intense. I wouldn't be surprised if some patterns didn't show up at all on normal too
Numbers were definitely a factor, just not the only one. The boss was like 500 levels lower after all. The attacks were definitely much less intense though so whoever told rao that was definitely completely wrong.
General_Urist

Post by General_Urist »

That was a nice run overall, I think. I like how we started out all worried about the 6 different art styles and the morality of Anime Tiddies, but in the end as we played on we grew to like this well-made game.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Dolphin Room

Post by Kilgamayan »

Should've saved Nuko Do Maron for this, huh.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Now that everything is said and done, I shall now total up raocow's ranking for this LP, as is customary for Maverick Hunters. The way this will be calculated is simple:

Points 1|2|3|4|5|6||||7||||8||| 9
Ranks E|D|C|B|A|S|||SS|||SSS|MAX

I will simply convert everything to numerical values, average it out, then reference the result back to the legend above to get the average rank.

As of video 45 (after Irisu), here are raocow's ranks for all notable bosses*:

Ranks not shown here because there's no clear shot of this screen after this video, or for some reason they weren't listed (Only bosses with the boss healthbar will be counted on a first run, so no Rainbow Crystals or refights in the Memory Cave etc.):

Illusion Alius I - B Rank
Illusion Alius II - C Rank
Illusion Alius III - C Rank
Cocoa SP - MAX Rank
Ribbon SP - B Rank
Ashuri SP - D Rank
Saya SP - SS Rank
Lilli and Pixie SP - SS Rank
Erina Noah - E Rank

*Extra note - it says MAX over both Vanilla and Chocolate's portraits, but that's because it counted for beating both of them in the Halloween DLC. I will only be counting that once.

Total points across 36 unique fights: 159

159/36 = 4.41 = rounded to nearest whole number 4 =
B Rank

X's Hunter Evaluation

I didn't expect to get into this LP as much as I did, given my mixed feelings on my own go at the game, but this proved to be more fun than I thought. Thanks to raocow for being a good sport about it the whole way through, and everyone that came along for the ride. I'll see a bunch of you on Celeste Mountain.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

so beautiful, like in my japanese animes
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Crow

Post by Crow »

We've finally solved the puzzle of the B rank hunter

Erina becomes Megaman X in the future and her rank carries over from there
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

can't even escape the B rank in a completely unrelated game. wow
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Thanks for playing this game, thoroughly enjoyable from beginning to end and it made me look forward to 11:30 PM for almost two months
I couldn't tell, when you say "fatigue", were you personally tired of it towards the end? Or was it only after reading the comments?

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

fatigue not from my end, but I could tell it was building up in the viewers. I'd still be playing this game gladly if it had more stuff that wasn't wandering around for bits and pieces
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Crow

Post by Crow »

gotta be honest, the SP bosses killed the momentum of this series so hard for me, they weren't fun to watch & it didn't seem like raocow was having fun fighting them either and basically it made the rest of the series drag after that, which was like, okay, not too terribly much more but still
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

So I've no idea if the Patreon Discord or any other Discord has brought up that this exists, but I only just noticed it today, two months later: New DLC has been released! It has a handful of new special bosses as well as a new, actually tasteful outfit for Erina and some new costumes for Ribbon that may or may not be gross, I haven't actually checked yet.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
MECHDRAGON777
Up in the Tower floating above Gensokyo lies the true me in reverse.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years ago So I've no idea if the Patreon Discord or any other Discord has brought up that this exists, but I only just noticed it today, two months later: New DLC has been released! It has a handful of new special bosses as well as a new, actually tasteful outfit for Erina and some new costumes for Ribbon that may or may not be gross, I haven't actually checked yet.
After completing all of the DLC, I can agree. The DLC however is still being updated though.

My avartar

I am a SMBX player, and I do not know weather to stay at SuperMarioBrosx.org or at talkhaus.raocow.com honestly.

Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Dolphin Studios

Post by Awoo »

I'd really love it if at some point you could have a slime bunny Noah skin since that'd be super sweet

slime girls are best girls

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
AmeijinMayo
Ready to go, count zero!

Post by AmeijinMayo »

Nice, nice, very NICE!

:pal:
Streaming: Super Robot Wars Z, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Koi-Koi Wars
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I was informed by user Dragooner of this:

GemaYue is still working on remaining content for Before Next Adventure, a DLC released back in January 2019. A recently posted update states that the developer is readying the remainder of the DLC - namely, the promised Cocoa mode. Playable for speedrun (storyless) mode.

(The post is from December, not April - the date format seems to be dd/mm/yyyy.)

And hopefully once the BNA DLC is complete, it will also be ported to console versions like the dev planned to.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

That is excellent news!

Also, as long as we're here, some fan content depicting Miru's Zombie Bunny Adventures that dropped a day or two ago:

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Version 2.0.0 of the game is out, and there are some updates related to the game and its IP:
  • Playable Cocoa in Before Next Adventure DLC, which had its title updated to reflect this. Go to speedrun, start a new game and choose difficulty, and on the game mode selection you will see a character selection. Cocoa is really fun,

particularly for exploration as she is very agile, with multiple abilities that give you a lot of mobility.

• The game commemorates its 5th anniversary with an orchestral arrange soundtrack, with 25 tracks selected, and performed by the Taipei Philharmonic Orchestra. There are two options - a standalone soundtrack (note: Steam soundtracks give you locally accessible files at [Steam\steamapps\music], and can be played using the Steam Music Player), and the Orchestral Music Mode & Skin DLC, which gives you orchestral performance skins for Erina/Ribbon and allows you to change these OST selections to orchestra version. Kind of expensive though.
  • They also have a limited-edition 5th Anniversary Orchestra Deluxe Box that you can purchase directly from the CreSpirit website if you care about it. It seems to be sort of a successor to the Deluxe Edition they had before, in that they're physical merchandise with OST CD and some other stuff.
  • Cicini gained a new 2021 attack, and oddly enough, it carries over to the Artbook challenge too: