(shouting)

Rabi-Ribi - Dolphin Room

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Sebby19

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Radar

Post by Sebby19 »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago
Sebby19 wrote: 5 years agoI am very sure there is one more item in Evernight Peak, access via a fake wall on the left side of a screen. Your carrot went through it once.
this is like the fifth time you've brought this up :lol:
I was voted Most Determined 2015 for a reason 8-)
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
A.I.L.L.C.
Natural-born nothing.

Post by A.I.L.L.C. »

Quite the relief to see a low-stakes episodd after that all-expenses paid trip to Touhou Town. I assume the DLC still has one or two bosses left?
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

3, and like 4 minibosses in one area

i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Ladder

Post by Kilgamayan »

I appreciate you making the same loop back to the starting save point twice before you realized it was the starting save point.

I suppose it would be too much to hope that no one spoils you on this area? A lot of the fun of this area is figuring out how to get through it for oneself. But I bet there's already five YouTube comments telling you exactly what to do/where to go. :V
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Crow

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Ladder

Post by Crow »

the way this area is set up will make a lot more sense later but right now it's just kind of A Thing
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Verdant Orb

Post by Kilgamayan »

I completely forgot GigaSaya was a thing in this fight. That would explain why the magic you can buy from her in town is the Giant status effect.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

raocow unlocking a shortcut then returning the long way around multiple times is just painful.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

I did not expect them to have an SP-level Saya be the first boss, and neither did the maverick hunters.

Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

tirakai wrote: 5 years agoraocow unlocking a shortcut then returning the long way around multiple times is just painful.
raocow doing things the hardest way possible (especially when the right way is blatantly obvious while his way is obscure and/or very difficult in comparison) is basically his gimmick at this point as infuriating as it can be at times.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Well that video really showed off exactly what raocow does. Has some really exceptional moments of dodging things then walks into a very visible projectile and goes "what hit me?!" multiple times.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

With so much going on, can you blame him this time?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Crow

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Pope Cuckoobeater

Post by Crow »

it doesn't let you save because if you just sat there and let the time run out then saved a few seconds from the end your entire save file is now ruined, lol
Alice

Post by Alice »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years agoWith so much going on, can you blame him this time?
Well considering how these sorts of games tend to work, keeping an eye on your immediate surroundings is kinda important so yes.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Apparently one of the missing items was where those weird switch block palace outlines were? I have no idea why those outlines are even there if there's supposedly no switch...
Crow

Post by Crow »

yeah as far as i can tell you have to do some bs jump to even get over there which is bad design considering you can only get there after the countdown starts & hiding stuff way off to the side in a place it looks like you can't reach, while you're under time crunch, that looks like you need to hit a switch to get to (i think the blocks are actually for the way back, not to get there in the first place), is just... stupid
i missed the item myself & it is a pretty useful one to have unfortunately, i don't think you can go back to the ravine to get it without refighting irisu to reset the bosses again, though
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Storm Orb

Post by Kilgamayan »

I'm proud of Lilith for being open and doing the bed-top sport for indoor types with Keke Bunny.

I'm also proud of Saya for finally getting her girl.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
MarthX

Post by MarthX »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago yeah as far as i can tell you have to do some bs jump to even get over there which is bad design considering you can only get there after the countdown starts & hiding stuff way off to the side in a place it looks like you can't reach, while you're under time crunch, that looks like you need to hit a switch to get to (i think the blocks are actually for the way back, not to get there in the first place), is just... stupid
i missed the item myself & it is a pretty useful one to have unfortunately, i don't think you can go back to the ravine to get it without refighting irisu to reset the bosses again, though
No. You can go back and get it anytime. Using the speed buff you can even make the jump out of the escape sequence but it's pretty tricky.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

MarthX wrote: 5 years ago No. You can go back and get it anytime. Using the speed buff you can even make the jump out of the escape sequence but it's pretty tricky.
I heard that the jump was only completable on the maximum difficulty outside of escape because they make the winds stronger, but I guess raocow is gonna have to go buy a speed boost from Cicini if he wants it? I think it even counts as a different buff than "Speed Up" which some of Ribbon's boosts can give you, though those might stop working once you leave the boost's area of effect.

EDIT: Shrink apparently also boosts Speed by 30%, but I don't know if that'll actually make it harder to land due to smaller player collision box.
Dragooner

Post by Dragooner »

The jump is possible without speed-buff but it's really difficult.

(And you would need to know stuff like quickdrop into double jump/bunnystrike in the air or quickdrop into airdash at the ground to be able to air dash again in the air. You could also turn on the hammerroll 1.08 option, go 1 screen to the right of saya bossfight and hammerroll against a certain block+jump to zip into the itemlocation)

Also you can't bring shrink outside of town.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Hmm, I'm wondering if there was anything to the left of that save point, in the beginning of this new area.

Man, with all these fairies at your disposal now, you should easily be able to MAX rank all the normal bosses now.

I read that one of the boss rush modes has you take control of not Cirno and a few other characters. Might be worth checking out after this DLC is done.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Crow

Post by Crow »

there is a room to the left but it's more of a way back to the start from deeper in the level than anything
god bless raocow for not going all the way down to the bottom of the hub room and thus having to do the entire red passage on low health
i would suggest going through all three remaining passages tomorrow & continuing after that until you hit a proper save, there's not much left after the four-color gate except the boss
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Re: Rabi-Ribi - King Crimson

Post by Kilgamayan »

For reference, those darkened-out blocks (like the ones that were blocking the small alcove in the wall with the healing floor light) can now be destroyed by attacks.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Abyss Orb

Post by Kilgamayan »

The purple path pseudo-lasers are actually a series of slow-moving spherical projectiles shooting out in a constant stream. You can erase them by shooting them with charged magic shots, which was the one thing you never bothered trying. =P I don't know if it works with all magic colors, but it works with yellow at the very least, and I seem to recall red and purple also working, though not as well.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years ago The purple path pseudo-lasers are actually a series of slow-moving spherical projectiles shooting out in a constant stream. You can erase them by shooting them with charged magic shots, which was the one thing you never bothered trying. =P
That's an interesting mechanic I don't feel they introduced well enough. Maybe if they only made one specific bullet type that worked like that so that people just know on reaction "these are what these bullets do", like how bubble and explosion bullets in touhou aren't hurtboxes for the entirety of their graphic.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago
Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years ago The purple path pseudo-lasers are actually a series of slow-moving spherical projectiles shooting out in a constant stream. You can erase them by shooting them with charged magic shots, which was the one thing you never bothered trying. =P
That's an interesting mechanic I don't feel they introduced well enough. Maybe if they only made one specific bullet type that worked like that so that people just know on reaction "these are what these bullets do", like how bubble and explosion bullets in touhou aren't hurtboxes for the entirety of their graphic.
To be fair, that mechanic was already part of Noah 3, and the Halloween fights, per Discord.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB