(shouting)

Rabi-Ribi - Dolphin Room

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Stink Terios

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Septentrion

Post by Stink Terios »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago one hour twenty six minutes
Yup, that's Irisu alright. :v

e: quote for new page.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

raocow wrote: 6 years ago oh boy, after a relatively easy game, the last level/boss had an hour and a half recording session !

the good news though is that it didnt feel that long ? so it's still mostly a good time, just a lengthy one
raocow wrote: 5 years ago one hour twenty six minutes
The duality of cow
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

oh man, I'm ready
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I hope so because the edited video is still 44 minutes and a half long
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Crow

Post by Crow »

love too instant death
really though this particular fight is baaaad, the really long dlc boss does well to alleviate the issues this boss brings up
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Was it at least remotely enjoyable? Or did you spend the last X number of minutes hating the game with every fiber of your being? I imagine the ambient humidity didn't help.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

Instant Death is so hilariously easy to deal with I'm not sure why people make such a big fuss about it, unless this is a 'normal difficulty' thing

Nah honestly this was a great fight and I'd do it again, just timed with some unfortunate weather
Crow

Post by Crow »

I just think it's bad taste to have instakills that deep in a long boss fight
I didn't actually get killed by that status when i got to it (tbh I beat the boss the first time I got to that point of the fight because i gave up and started using food items earlier than I wanted to) but it doesn't excuse bad design
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Clearly next year's Christmas thingy should just be everyone pitching in to buy you an air conditioner.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago Instant Death is so hilariously easy to deal with I'm not sure why people make such a big fuss about it, unless this is a 'normal difficulty' thing
I guess since a good amount of moves you've commonly used like the Bunny Strike and Lv2 Yellow Charge can hit over 300, people were worried you would hit over it often since you haven't looked at the buff/debuff window once.

On that note, it only hit me just now that you made a really, really good call removing Lucky Seven, as a poorly-timed +77% damage could accidentally bring a few more attacks over the 300 damage limit and more or less trash the run.
Crow

Post by Crow »

Her attacks in the phase where she uses instant death are actually a lot easier to dodge than some of the ones earlier in the fight so the fight isn't totally ruined if you get hit with the status but
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Septentrion Pleiades

Post by Xirix »

For some reason I never thought to amulet to avoid the debuffs, so I got really good at dodging the first 1-2 waves because of the instant death thingy.
Crow

Post by Crow »

so, the attack where the screen gets full of lasers, it's based on where the stars move on the last pass & you're supposed to move them in a way so that there are safe spots on the screen, which you did not do at all hence why you kept getting destroyed :V
and yeah that really spammy attack you just don't move to dodge it
only saw 300 revenge once and i think you weren't even aware how you triggered it but yeah, when i fought her my hammer did more than 300 damage 'cause i had more powerups, which is i guess one downside to being more thorough in collecting :B
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Hm, my strategy for her was stacking up as much atk+ as possible, so I got got by 300 revenge too many times. Def+ would be a good idea for countering that I guess.

Anyway, congrats! You beat the game!
Time to beat the game again!
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

I'm very impressed! That battle is designed to encourage the player to use all of the different magic attacks (except for, perhaps, the original one and the rainbow eggs), but you figured out a number of dodge patterns (or at least how to minimize damage tanking) that let you smash through everything with Red.

I will confess that I haven't tried SP Battles 2 or 3 and tried SP Battle 1 once long enough for me to chuck it in the garbage and move on to other less bullshit things, so if you do decide to do those I won't have much in the way of advice. At least with SP Battle 1, it didn't appear to be any sort of special story, just "here's a really difficult encounter, battle start". (The remaining wave of DLC - which I believe you need to talk to Irisu to trigger - actually has story elements, both in terms of world-building side story and actually finalizing an existing storyline in a bittersweet but satisfying way.)

The reloaded battles auto-trigger if you enter any of their arenas, but you should be able to clear all of the DLC stuff without wandering into any such arenas. It's not even all that difficult to avoid Nieve if you want to retrieve the Gold Carrot.

Since you'll presumably being going back to the upper Ravine area fairly soon, make sure to have a proper listen to the music. It's very reminiscent of An Untitled Story, the percussion particularly so.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
MarthX

Post by MarthX »

I think Irisu is an awesome fight. Finally a fight that forces you to bunny amulet status wave attacks. It's also neat how she heals whenever you take damage and well as her 300 revenge. It teaches you to pay attention to the enemy buffs. raocow's charged red shots were only doing 200. if they were doing 300, 300 revenge would have caused much rage because it seems you never noticed it.
warpio

Post by warpio »

I've never beaten the Special bosses. I gave it an honest shot but by this point in the game's difficulty curve I just wasn't enjoying it that much anymore. I think I can be satisfied with just having beaten the "post-game" content. These special bosses seem to be there to give you a taste of what the harder modes are like and to help you decide whether you should replay the game on a harder difficulty or not.

Then again, I guess I might change my mind and go back to try and beat these special bosses if I see raocow manage to beat them, since that'll help to give me more confidence that someone of my level should be able to beat them as well.
Dragooner

Post by Dragooner »

The proper order would probably be the 3 SP bosses and then the dlc...but you don't need to defeat them. I guess you could give the 3 Special Bosses a try? I think if you go into dlc stuff, you would have to defeat irisu again if you want to fight the SP bosses.

You could also check out the thing that you missed in the warp destination(stele).
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I was surprised to see the Green Charge shot after it's long absence. I'm pretty curious on what made you decide to use it during that one spot.

Of course, despite it's return, it only healed a measly 20 hit points. Poor green shot, if only you scaled, or had a badge to make you better.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago Poor green shot, if only you scaled, or had a badge to make you better.
The Ribbon Badge combos very neatly with the Green Shot, believe me. There are also a number of Irisu attack patterns where the Green Shot is tremendously helpful because the homing means you don't have to jump into danger to get at her. Each individual shot may only heal a tiny bit, but that can add up in the long run with how long the fight takes.

Also! I forgot to mention earlier that the official Rabi-Ribi comic, which can be viewed in-game, is uploaded and translated on Danbooru, for anyone that hasn't checked it out. It makes both Erina and Cocoa like ten thousand times better.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

I don't know why everyone seems to think 300 revenge is so important. You don't die from triggering it, it only applies instant death for a mere few seconds. Even if you accidentally trigger it you only need to not get hit for a very short while, even if that means going ham on amulet/super carrot.
And I don't see how it's "bad design" when you have access to buff descriptions in the pause menu at any time and there's a dedicated cutscene to make sure you know what's going on should you trigger the 300 dmg threshold...

@kilga what was the backup thread title?

Chirei

Post by Chirei »

I heard the Explode Staff was very good against her, but this is the first time I am actually seeing it in action in the fight, since I beat her with the Sunny Beam and Hammer Wave instead. The lingering explosions just made me think of one thing.

Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Jesuiscontent wrote: 5 years ago @kilga what was the backup thread title?
Elixir.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Crow

Post by Crow »

i will get behind the explode shot every chance i get because i just could not find a use for literally any other magic besides maybe the green boost once i started using it, it's just so much better than the rest of them lol
raocow

Post by raocow »

for the record I did see the 300 Revenge in her tags, I just never saw what it was doing so I never mentioned anything. I guess that's what triggered that cutscene, which was the first time ever I saw it.