(shouting)

Rabi-Ribi - Dolphin Room

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
onionrice
Bunny
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Devil's Junkyard

Post by onionrice »

I want to see the reactions to the cutscenes. The npcs have some fun things to say too.
sup
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

onionrice wrote: 6 years ago I want to see the reactions to the cutscenes. The npcs have some fun things to say too.
Why?

They all mostly boil down to "questionable thing" or "we're gonna fight now because I'm an idiot, brainwashed, or both".
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Grounder wrote: 6 years ago
onionrice wrote: 6 years ago I want to see the reactions to the cutscenes. The npcs have some fun things to say too.
Why?

They all mostly boil down to "questionable thing" or "we're gonna fight now because I'm an idiot, brainwashed, or both".
I'm quite enjoying raocow criticising them and reacting to how silly they are, but he probably shouldn't linger on them as much as he has been...
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

A lot of the Random Nameless NPC dialogue is confusing until you realize that they're all assuming you're one of the UPRPRC people.

Ashley is a mix of Marisa and WarioWare Ashley with a tiny bit of Patchouli thrown in. Saya is Invisible Kyouko. Don't skip Saya's dialogue, it makes her even more invisible. :( (Her non-presence is actually a minor plot point that does eventually get explained, rather than simply being an obligatory Hilarious Silly Character Quirk.)
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

unless the game contains some variant of Marisa's "bitch" line from Touhou 8 i will consider the cutscene time basically wasted

and yes I realize there is probably a better-than-even chance the game does in fact have such a line
onionrice
Bunny

Post by onionrice »

Grounder wrote: 6 years ago
Why?

Bosses are more fun when you know more about them, and there can be references to other video games.
Eyecanic wrote:From this point forward, expect every boss to be ridiculous and their reasons to fight you even more so.
sup
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Fool's Forest

Post by AuraLancer »

Talkhaus game reference fodder? That's a fantastic reason to continue following the story. I'm not being sarcastic here.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

To answer your question about the Boost power, you had it available for nearly the entire video. It only needs to be half full. You finished the video with it nearly full. I'm not sure if that means you can get 2 uses out of it, or one super use.

If your still confused where the Boost meter is, is above Ribbon's head, the higher one (while the lower one was her MP).
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

It's hard to tell with the night effect, but that's Miru with a certain purple bunny. Bunny has two white ears, a white tail, and one white leg - matching Erina's sock. The more you know!
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

You can tell there's inspiration from Touhou because everyone fights you for silly reasons.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
warpio

Post by warpio »

raocow, there's something really bothering me regarding the way you seem to be interpreting the controls. I can tell there's something you're not understanding because of how you've fought this most recent boss. I'll put this in spoilers in case you would rather not be told what you're doing wrong, but I really think you'll have a better time if you know

You don't need to alternate between holding the Ribbon attack button and attacking with your hammer. There's nothing stopping you from doing both at once. It's probably better to set Ribbon's attack to a shoulder button so you can use both it and the hammer while still having access to the jump button.

Last edited by warpio 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Power Up!

Post by Kilgamayan »

That conversation about why Ribbon is tagging along actually is important, though only for plot reasons. It is eventually revealed why she's tagging along (albeit not explicitly).

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

When does the game get interesting?
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Right about now.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

yeah tomorrow should become just 'go whereever you want' if my memory is correct
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

I'm kinda excited on where raocow's going to end up exploring since the game's pretty damn open. ^_^
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

raocow wrote:that person... I thought looked like a pokemon master, but I don't know why I think that
Maybe you were thinking of Caitlin or Serena?
ImageImage
Last edited by Rixithechao 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Ok, I skipped to the boss fight and yes, that was cool.

I'm holding out hope that going forward, the game reverses how often we have talking vs how often we have boss fights.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

I wouldn't worry too much, this game is gonna have multiple episodes of just wandering around.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

(I am already rapidly running out of ideas for good thread titles and can't bring myself to play the game again to get more/better info fml)

There are still going to be cutscenes - every fight begins and ends with one, and there's still the overarching plot to consider - but the ratio of gameplay to gamewatch is about to improve tremendously, yes. Boss battles by and large will take a fair amount of exploration to reach and the game is no longer going to hold your hand through reuniting with Rumi. Even Ribbon will stop yelling at you for daring to consider going the wrong way - she'll now just occasionally advise against certain routes (such as

traversing the Natural Aquarium without the Water Orb

) without actively forcing you back the other way. (I think there is even an achievement for ignoring a warning only to immediately get shredded.)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

For that Combo Totem at the end of the video, I imagine if you threw in your fairy attacks (maybe switch to yellow?) as often as your carrot bombs, you could have gotten to C-rank on your combo meter.

Also, watching you spam the up and down thrust attacks today, I saw you weren't doing a lot of damage. There was nothing but 1s coming out. I'm a sucker for multi-hit attacks too, but if a single swing from your hammer can do 26 damage, I think sticking with the basic combo is good for now.
I think the up-thrust is good for times you need to 'hover' above the ground to avoid attacks.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Safety Boots

Post by Jesuiscontent »

I'm not going to push this further if you just want to relax and have an easy time with this game, but I still believe cranking up the difficulty will be way more adapted to someone with your experience. It'll be more interesting than just tanking through everything but still very doable, especially the more resources you get (remember there are 3 more difficulty modes after Hard). The bosses get new attacks/buffs/debuffs, too.

And just a heads-up, I believe that NPC who offers to change difficulties goes away after you reach a certain point, so it's now or never.

Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

The standing combo is much better for DPS than anything else, yes.

It's also probably worth pointing out that the game is open enough and full of enough content that odds are good that, when you're presented with a fork, both paths will lead to somewhere of significance, rather than one being the way forward and the other being two screens and then a power-up at a dead end.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Jesuiscontent wrote: 6 years ago I'm not going to push this further if you just want to relax and have an easy time with this game, but I still believe cranking up the difficulty will be way more adapted to someone with your experience. It'll be more interesting than just tanking through everything but still very doable, especially the more resources you get (remember there are 3 more difficulty modes after Hard). The bosses get new attacks/buffs/debuffs, too.

And just a heads-up, I believe that NPC who offers to change difficulties goes away after you reach a certain point, so it's now or never.

i give you two episodes fam
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage