(shouting)

Cuphead: DLC - THAT'S ALL...? - Hell's Bells

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Re: Cuphead - The Storm

Post by Ditocoaf »

At the very least, I recommend remembering that you can use your Super button for one-card "Extra" attacks (that hadoken thing). Since the super looked so risky during this last fight, it probably would have come in handy.

I've never played this game though, so I'm not getting annoyed by your weapon choice. Normal gun looks plenty good!
Money

Re: Bendy and the Ink Machine - Just One More Chance

Post by Money »

Grounder wrote: 6 years ago it's just a guy with a big nose

that's literally all it is in this case

edit: turns out hes a caricature of a jewish vaudeville performer

i dont think anything was meant by it back in the day tho
Ah yes vaudeville, the medium known for its delicate racial representation, and the 1930s, the period known for its love of Judaism
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

Sebby19 wrote: 6 years ago The chaser weapon you have may have been better for the dragon boss (so you don't have to duck if you're on a high cloud), as would have the weapon that shoot backwards (too bad you didn't buy it).
These both seem reasonable but actually aren't the answer. The chaser will, annoyingly, chase and home in on the dragon's fireballs during the final stage of the fight (which is completely counterproductive as shooting the fireballs is what makes them split into four). The roundabout (weapon that flies backwards) works well for the tongue parade stage, as you don't need to constantly stop and aim behind you; but in the final stage it's constantly smacking into fireballs and doesn't help with the angle-of-attack problem.

The real answer for the dragon boss is the Lobber (which raocow has, and has never tried). It arcs forward and down when shot after a slight upwards arc, making it perfect for hitting the dragon from the high clouds (allowing you to keep bombarding the dragon while standing safely above his flamethrower attack). And it does a lot of damage per hit.

I had literally 50 or so failed attempts against the dragon until I bought the Lobber. Using the Lobber, I beat it in 2 tries.

That all said, I'm frankly enjoying raocow attempting everything with the basic peashooter and kinda want to see if he can beat the entire game that way. There's nothing inherently bad about the peashooter, and it's not strictly dominated by any of the other weapons on offer; so it's not really as unreasonable a decision as it may otherwise seem.
Grounder

Re: Bendy and the Ink Machine - Just One More Chance

Post by Grounder »

MoneyMan wrote: 6 years ago
Grounder wrote: 6 years ago it's just a guy with a big nose

that's literally all it is in this case

edit: turns out hes a caricature of a jewish vaudeville performer

i dont think anything was meant by it back in the day tho
Ah yes vaudeville, the medium known for its delicate racial representation, and the 1930s, the period known for its love of Judaism
It's called nuance.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Voltgloss wrote: 6 years ago
Sebby19 wrote: 6 years ago The chaser weapon you have may have been better for the dragon boss (so you don't have to duck if you're on a high cloud), as would have the weapon that shoot backwards (too bad you didn't buy it).
These both seem reasonable but actually aren't the answer. The chaser will, annoyingly, chase and home in on the dragon's fireballs during the final stage of the fight (which is completely counterproductive as shooting the fireballs is what makes them split into four). The roundabout (weapon that flies backwards) works well for the tongue parade stage, as you don't need to constantly stop and aim behind you; but in the final stage it's constantly smacking into fireballs and doesn't help with the angle-of-attack problem.

The real answer for the dragon boss is the Lobber (which raocow has, and has never tried). It arcs forward and down when shot after a slight upwards arc, making it perfect for hitting the dragon from the high clouds (allowing you to keep bombarding the dragon while standing safely above his flamethrower attack). And it does a lot of damage per hit.

I had literally 50 or so failed attempts against the dragon until I bought the Lobber. Using the Lobber, I beat it in 2 tries.

That all said, I'm frankly enjoying raocow attempting everything with the basic peashooter and kinda want to see if he can beat the entire game that way. There's nothing inherently bad about the peashooter, and it's not strictly dominated by any of the other weapons on offer; so it's not really as unreasonable a decision as it may otherwise seem.
The real answer is Charge, a weapon so powerful that it was actually nerfed at some point.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Grounder wrote: 6 years ago This is waaaay too early to tell you, rao, I think, but I'll remind you when we get close.

If the penultimate boss goes well for you, you should probably do the final one in the same recording session, even if you want to split it into two different videos.
I... don't really see any reason to do this? The final boss is about as meaty as any normal boss, and yeah it will be a bit of a downer coming from a

probably half hour or longer video

, but it's a fine conclusion, especially with the ending, credits etc.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Voltgloss wrote: 6 years agoThat all said, I'm frankly enjoying raocow attempting everything with the basic peashooter and kinda want to see if he can beat the entire game that way. There's nothing inherently bad about the peashooter, and it's not strictly dominated by any of the other weapons on offer; so it's not really as unreasonable a decision as it may otherwise seem.
The issue is that the basic gun just gets really boring to see. Even more so when it's clearly the cause of noteworthy issues in a given stage such as the phase where raocow had to keep low to hit the boss but kept ending up getting hit because of it. Makes the video far less enjoyable because you just end up watching the same thing over and over until raocow lucks through it.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

strongbadman wrote: 6 years ago The real answer is Charge, a weapon so powerful that it was actually nerfed at some point.
This is the reason Cuphead is not really that hard of a game. When you decide it's actually Mega Man and not Metal Slug/Contra.
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

strongbadman wrote: 6 years ago
The real answer is Charge, a weapon so powerful that it was actually nerfed at some point.
I didn't know about the nerf, and looking into it further, I see the patch that nerfed Charge also made quite a number of other glitch fixes and adjustments. In particular,

they apparently fixed the astronomical damage available when rapidly swapping between two weapons - presumably Roundabout/Lobber - which originally outclassed even Charge in terms of raw damage output.

For those who have completed the game and are curious, the list of patch notes is here. Spoilers abound in that list, so I would not recommend it be viewed by raocow or anyone else who hasn't completed the game.

I may replay the game

on Expert

with those fixes in place now. Sounds like it will be a better balanced experience.
Grounder

Re: Cuphead - Ko-Ko on the Track

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Beppy is definitely what a lot of people consider the hardest boss of world 2. If not him then Grim Matchstick, and it has to be in part because both of them don't have solid floors to stand on 100% of the time. That rollercoaster makes a hell of a difference in the fight.

Incidentally, this is a fight where spread would've helped a lot, for the balloon phase to act as crowd control for the dogs, and in the swing phase because every bullet would be hitting the pole at once. It's one of the few times where you can actually achieve that easily with spread, since the target is A) big enough, B) in reach, and C) doesn't damage you.
Money

Post by Money »

Request: Listen to the whole King Dice song when you go to the Die House tomorrow
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

MoneyMan wrote: 6 years ago Request: Listen to the whole King Dice song when you go to the Die House tomorrow
Seconded. It's absolutely worth doing and only takes a couple of minutes. There are two verses.

You will also enjoy the reward for bringing the missing barbershop singer back to the rest of his quartet.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

So what happens if you go to the dice house early in a world? Does Mr. Dice require you to kill everybody, or just enough?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Money

Post by Money »

Sebby19 wrote: 6 years ago So what happens if you go to the dice house early in a world? Does Mr. Dice require you to kill everybody, or just enough?
He doesnt let you pass if you havent gotten all the contracts in the world. I actually dont know if all the run and gun levels are technically required tho?
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

MoneyMan wrote: 6 years ago
Sebby19 wrote: 6 years ago So what happens if you go to the dice house early in a world? Does Mr. Dice require you to kill everybody, or just enough?
He doesnt let you pass if you havent gotten all the contracts in the world. I actually dont know if all the run and gun levels are technically required tho?
Run and gun levels are wholly optional.
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

But they are how you get most of your coins, so you wanna do them until you have what you want from the store.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

See, now I can totally believe that clown sold his soul to the Devil. And that he did it so(u)lely to achieve maximum creepitude.
strongbadman

Re: Cuphead - The Wizard of Arts

Post by strongbadman »

Ah, world 3. This is where the game stops pulling its punches. As the pirate lady said, being smart about what weapons you use makes a world of a difference.

Rumor Honeybottoms has probably my favorite music track in the game. It's also the level of "hope you like bee puns." In particular, she turns into a B-17 in her final phase, attacks with buzz saws, and in the first phase you have to fight off the fuzz while office drones fly around. There are definitely more but those are the best ones.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

raocow wrote:She's gonna bee-punch me up if I'm not careful!
Bee-t you up, raocow. She's going to bee-t you up.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Today the b-side took up both slots.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

So with the

run-and-gun P-ranks, how do you get past the "two-mouthed contra walls without killing it?

ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Sturg wrote: 6 years ago So with the

run-and-gun P-ranks, how do you get past the "two-mouthed contra walls without killing it?

You dash through a mouth while it opens up to launch something at you. The Invincibility super helps.

BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Voltgloss wrote: 6 years ago
Sturg wrote: 6 years ago So with the

You dash through a mouth while it opens up to launch something at you. The Invincibility super helps.

It's doable with the Smoke Grenade alone, but the timing and spacing is The Worst

Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

King Dice is modeled after jazz singer/bandleader Cab Calloway. Several of his most famous songs were performed for animated shorts, with both voiceover and rotoscoped dance steps performed by Calloway. King Dice, though, is clearly patterned, not after Calloway's cartoon avatars, but the man himself. Here's three minutes of Calloway performing: