(shouting)

Cuphead: DLC - THAT'S ALL...? - Hell's Bells

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Grounder

Re: Cuphead - Not Now

Post by Grounder »

making this one without a complaint, and even early

get hype
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

oh man oh man oh man
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Posting LP threads early is for buttmen
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Mata Hari wrote: ↑6 years ago Posting LP threads early is for buttmen
raocow wrote: ↑6 years ago so I don't know if anyone had in mind to create the thread for the next b-side game but it's gonna start tomorrow
Orders from up top.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

I'm glad that this LP will save me the cost of buying cuphead because I'm pretty sure I'd hate playing it
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
LatexHydra

Post by LatexHydra »

WWooooooo!!!! This is gonna be exciting! I've tried playing cuphead before but gave up on the genie boss. The art looks beautiful and everything, but I just didn't like repeating the same stuff over and over again, and didn't find it worth the time to try and push through it.
Zach808

Post by Zach808 »

Oh man, it’s one of my favorite games of last year! :D

Now watch as raocow blows through this, making me look like a games journalist in comparison.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Woah, raocow's playing cuphead? Not only did I not notice this coming up, I'm surprised. A run-'n'-gun game that's mostly boss fights isn't a genre he's LP'd before, I think! Then again, it's not a super common genre anyway.

"I'm surprised by this LP", says the guy who only has time to watch about 1/3 of raocow's LPs these days.
CrispyMWHC
Arrangements in fulminating vective
Pronouns: he/him/his
http://crispymwhc.talkhaus.com/

Post by CrispyMWHC »

Been waiting on this for a while. Totally going to enjoy cow's take on this and mentally compare my own run to what we get to see.
raocow wrote: ↑3 years ago oh SHIT

THE PROCEDURES
raocow wrote: ↑3 years ago I can't believe my mystical wizard friend told me to touch grass.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrispyMWHC -- I play the games for the internet.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Grounder wrote: ↑6 years agoOrders from up top.
I would never claim that raocow isn't a buttman.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Time to pick up the pace and finish this game, I guess.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

man, uhm, the file sizes for these videos are gonna be huge, all thanks to the film grain effect.
not complaining as I think it's worth it but man.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

are you going for s-rank on the levels, or just beating them?
Imageβ”‚Imageβ”‚Imageβ”‚Imageβ”‚Image | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Zach808

Post by Zach808 »

If you're wondering about the whole tutorial being impossible thing, it all stems from this video.

It basically sparked a whole debate on whether games journalists should be good (or at least function like a human being) at video games. Keep in mind, this guy has reviewed video games before.

Puts raocow's first try completion in perspective, doesn't it? Though he did still miss how to equip the 2nd shot and dash over the hole. :D

Also, if the videos are too big, probably wouldn't hurt to compress them a bit. Give us that ol' VHS quality.
Last edited by Zach808 6 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Crow

Post by Crow »

congrats on already forgetting you can dash, raocow
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Just so you know! Run & Gun Stages not only have regular ranks from D- to A+ (with S-rank only available when playing Difficult mode), they also have a hidden rank!

P-rank is achieved by clearing the level without killing any enemies. Parries are allowed, as is one of the three super moves.

Grounder

Re: Cuphead - Experiment No. 1

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Blue

Post by Blue »

that naming scheme raocow you cheeky git
Zach808 wrote: ↑6 years ago It basically sparked a whole debate on whether games journalists should be good (or at least function like a human being) at video games. Keep in mind, this guy has reviewed video games before.
iirc he's been working as a game reviewer for at least a decade

I remember seeing a side-by-side comparison of that professional game journalist trying to figure out how an air dash works and a nearly identical puzzle set up for a pigeon (it had to figure out it could push a block in order to jump up to the taller platform to get a treat) and the pigeon completed its task in about half the time.
Crow

Post by Crow »

i had to google the video name but now i get the naming gimmick
lol
Giik

Post by Giik »

The tutorial joke and the dark souls joke. Classy, raocow.

oh, btw, that farting noise you commented on is actually the little A button prompt appearing and disappearing when you walk up to something you can interact with. Took me forever to figure out what the noise was, I thought it was just background stuff.
Matt is me
[color=#FFD700]Forum codes don't work here...[/color]

Post by Matt is me »

Zach808 wrote: ↑6 years ago Keep in mind, this guy has reviewed video games before.
Well, yes, but not platformers so much. He knew they weren't his thing, and played more or less as a joke. The "review" he wrote (if you can even call it that, it was a brief article for the demo) is entirely positive towards the game and talks about how shameful his skill level is. Yes, he calls the game hard--it certainly was hard for him. But him playing, recording, and writing a blurb was always meant to be just for fun, and the video was meant to be funny. An actual, formal review with breakdowns and scores was written on that site by someone else after the game had come out.

I still don't really get why people are so mad that someone who reviews other games for a living was bad at one game. Sometimes, that's actually how it SHOULD be...games are made for the masses, and the masses kind of suck. If they're not having fun, the game won't do well (mostly, exceptions exist of course). Doesn't mean games need to be easy, hard can certainly be fun, but really I think it's the people of average (or even below average) skill that are best qualified to make that decision. Maybe this particular incident is taking that to a bit of an extreme, but again, this was never a real review, so....
LatexHydra

Post by LatexHydra »

I wonder if this game will trigger any angrycow moments.. I only got to the genie boss but I heard there's some bs later in a certain part.
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

Matt is me wrote: ↑6 years ago stuff
just chalk it up to yet another repercussion of gamergate we've been left with i guess
Alice
β™₯
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Matt is me wrote: ↑6 years agoI still don't really get why people are so mad that someone who reviews other games for a living was bad at one game. Sometimes, that's actually how it SHOULD be...games are made for the masses, and the masses kind of suck. If they're not having fun, the game won't do well (mostly, exceptions exist of course). Doesn't mean games need to be easy, hard can certainly be fun, but really I think it's the people of average (or even below average) skill that are best qualified to make that decision. Maybe this particular incident is taking that to a bit of an extreme, but again, this was never a real review, so....
The issue isn't that he was bad at a game. The issue was so inexplicably bad at it that he struggled to get past a tutorial that literally spelled out what he was supposed to be doing. It doesn't matter if the genre is not one you're well experienced in, if you're an experienced gamer then a straightforward tutorial shouldn't trip you up, at least not for more than a few seconds.