(shouting)

Cuphead: DLC - THAT'S ALL...? - Hell's Bells

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Tenlade

Re: Cuphead - The Storm

Post by Tenlade »

Voltgloss wrote: 6 years ago For those who have completed the game and are curious, the list of patch notes is here. Spoilers abound in that list, so I would not recommend it be viewed by raocow or anyone else who hasn't completed the game.

I may replay the game

on Expert

with those fixes in place now. Sounds like it will be a better balanced experience.

"No longer possible to create a Mugman army."

Ok this one had me curious and i looked it up, thats amazing.
Sebby19

Re: Cuphead - Betty Boop's Crazy Inventions

Post by Sebby19 »

I think raocow's previous experience with worse bullet hells has trained him for this game.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Blue

Post by Blue »

raocow instead of changing to chaser you should have just used a fenix down
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

MoneyMan wrote: 6 years ago I suggest you handle King Dice like you would a Bowser's Castle for Maximum LP Enjoyableness (also because doing it all counts for completion). If you dont know what I mean you will tomorrow.

Also maybe do some cleanup to find the last coins and spend em all before you take him on? Your LP i guess.
This.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

heads up that whether rao decides to just finish the game and avoid the inevitable anticlimax or not, the next title will be the last barring a signifier

too good to pass up, and nothing will top it if youve been paying attention to the thread
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Sally Stageplay is my other favorite boss and music track in the game. It helps that I'm an unabashed theater geek. But I also got a big goofy grin on my face first time I saw her playing the role of Kefka. I also love the tap dance solo in the music track - I don't recall if it plays in-game, but the album version of the track really lets the dancer shine.

Cala Maria and Dr. Kahl's Robot were both patched to give more parry opportunities. Originally, the only parry chances you had in Cala Maria's fight were against some of the pufferfish. And Dr. Kahl's Robot originally did not shoot any parryable projectiles in the final stage.
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 6 years ago I think raocow has all the coins unless there's one left from talking to certain NPCs.
As there's 7 coins' worth of stuff still to buy in the shop, and he has 6 coins, this suggests there is exactly one coin still left for him to find.

It's in the Inkwell Hell overworld.

BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Voltgloss wrote: 6 years ago

It's in the Inkwell Hell overworld.

Of course, one stray coin per map.

Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

You missed a fun little unlockable in the world 3 map

Grounder

Re: Cuphead - (Not Quite) Finale - Swing You Sinners!

Post by Grounder »

King Dice didn't go anywhere nearly well enough to finish the game.

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had trouble with parrying those cards. the dash then parry is unexpectedly rough, and despite only having the one attack I found King Dice the hardest of the ten fights.

FUN FACTS: The skeleton horse boss (Phear Leap) is the worst boss in the game, because of the awful foreground stuff. It's so weird too because it's the only thing that really has that problem to that degree.

The monkey boss previously was bugged, in that one of two things would very frequently happen: He would either go off the screen and then die immediately, in which case you won automatically, or he would become indestructible, in which case you had to restart the fight.

The three bosses I found the easiest were Chips Bettigan, Pip and Dot, and the Roullette lady. If you have smoke dash it makes her fight a complete joke and the easiest in the game.

When I first got to King dice, I had it in my head to try to do all ten fights in a single battle. This is a very bad idea for obvious reasons. I made it to I think eight one time before I died and then I decided it was too much.

Finally, this seems like a very obvious shoutout to Black's Dice Maze in Gunstar Heroes, complete with a Melon Bread-esque boss that's not really an issue to fight.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

man, I super bummed that this didn't happen to raocow. I highly suspect this was patched out

Last edited by SAJewers 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

I was glad to see raocow figure out at the end what I think is the sneakiest bit of the King Dice fight: that you can parry-bounce multiple times on the same card. Seems to me this is absolutely needed for some card patterns, to buy extra time for the "next" card to appear.

Some more FUN FACTS:

Apparently you can also hide behind King Dice's hand to avoid the card march entirely - or at least, you could (I don't know if that was patched) - but you need to pretty much be anticipating the hand drop and moving in the correct direction ahead of time (and there doesn't seem to be a pattern to whether King Dice uses his left or his right). And you can't shoot King Dice from behind there either, even with the Chaser. (I guess the giant ghost super would work.)

I personally found the smoke dash to be a drawback against King Dice. Sure, it neutralizes the roulette wheel, but whenever I brought it to King Dice himself I could never precisely aim my air dashes to parry-bounce the cards. Because the smoke dash makes you invisible, *you* can't see where you are either!

The "dancer" boss is a roulette wheel. Her saying her style is "Russian" is a double pun on her being a Russian ballet dancer and on Russian roulette.

My preferred boss sequence for this fight was poker chips -> dominoes -> eight ball. The cigar and monkey always seemed to take forever; the skeleton horse and roulette wheel I actively dreaded (I had the same trouble with the skeleton horse's foreground, and I wasn't using smoke dash as explained above); and I tended to make stupid mistakes against the drinks and the rabbit.
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Also, let's check out the real King Dice one more time. By which I mean Cab Calloway. Here he is at age 72.

Cosmo Fishhawk

Post by Cosmo Fishhawk »

Voltgloss wrote: 6 years ago Also, let's check out the real King Dice one more time. By which I mean Cab Calloway. Here he is at age 72.
Fun fact: Apparently when he first heard rap, Cab remarked that it was the same thing he'd been doing since the 1920s. He wasn't wrong in terms of scatting and so forth.
Cosmo Fishhawk

Post by Cosmo Fishhawk »

One little touch that I like is in the background of the 8-Ball boss. At first I didn't realize why he had the northern lights there, but then I realized, it's because it looks a bit like a pool table!

This game really is a work of art that I have a hard imagining coming out of the AAA scene of today.

Also, raocow, those little cubes are just called pool chalkers.
Zach808

Post by Zach808 »

Cosmo Fishhawk wrote: 6 years ago One little touch that I like is in the background of the 8-Ball boss. At first I didn't realize why he had the northern lights there, but then I realized, it's because it looks a bit like a pool table!

This game really is a work of art that I have a hard imagining coming out of the AAA scene of today.

Also, raocow, those little cubes are just called pool chalkers.
I’d say it fits into the 2017 AAA scene quite well, or at least 1 side of it. It was kind of a weird year with half the AAA releases being infamous, creatively bankrupt lootbox catastrophies, but the other half being actual fun, fresh titles that could become classics later on.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

strongbadman wrote: 6 years agoI'm glad I'm not the only one who had trouble with parrying those cards. the dash then parry is unexpectedly rough, and despite only having the one attack I found King Dice the hardest of the ten fights.
Seems like the hitbox one those cards needs some work. The parry cards seem to have a hitbox that's way smaller than the other cards which is the exact opposite of what you want in a precision platformer.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Re: Cuphead - Finale - Swing You Sinners!

Post by Dragon Fogel »

"Why are you doing this, Satan?" - raocow, 2018.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Blue

Post by Blue »

"Uh... what's going on? This is gross. Why are you doing this, satan? Like seriously." is probably my new favorite raoquote
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

alright, so previously you COULD duck Satan's hoof attack, but they changed that in a patch and I honestly don't know why. It just makes it way more annoying
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Thanks for play, raocow. This was a lot of fun to watch.

Now we need someone to make a compilation of raocow's "OH JEEZ WHAT" moments.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

https://clips.twitch.tv/RoundAnimatedCheeseFeelsBadMan

Man, If only you did twitch streams raocow. That would be a good venue of doing S-Rank runs.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB