(shouting)

Cuphead: DLC - THAT'S ALL...? - Hell's Bells

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Re: Cuphead: DLC - Chess-Nuts

Post by tangy »

camwoodstock wrote: 11 months ago google en passant
holy hell
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Grounder

Re: Cuphead: DLC - War Dogs

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
CleanBittyDrawn

Re: Cuphead: DLC - War Dogs

Post by CleanBittyDrawn »

Late: So, fun fact, while you're right about the bishop being called a "fool" in French, it may be an alteration in part due to confusion. It used to be alfin/aufin (from the Persian word for elephant "al-fil"), but in part due to its position in the court, in part due to the similarity in sounds (especially if people thought "aufin" was "au fin," which happens a lot like with (a n)apron, (a n)adder, etc.), it changed.
Source: CNRTL

Rook is also taken from Persian (but with distinctly less change, as it was /rox/ or rokh if you prefer), and is a dated term for the piece in French (as "roc"). It means chariot, and has nothing to do with the crow.

For last night's video: As for deaths currently, I recall you dying a fair bit in the early parts of world 3 (but the end was mostly 1-3 per), so while the five years (plus Ms. Chalice controls) have probably increased the number of deaths you had, it's probably not by as much as it feels like. I don't think anyone was tallying deaths per episode, but to have... what was it, 101 deaths after Satan (98 before), you'd need to have died not quite four times on average. (let's not make that sound like a disaster) Today you beat that with an average of 3. Not to say the game won't hit you harder in the future, but you might be pretty close to where you were. Maybe the compliments will come pouring in again soon?

Wikipedia says "Afirm Roger Fox," would be the 1942 U.S. flaghoist spelling alphabet and the 1927-1937 U.S. navy spelling alphabet. Nowadays it's in line with the NATO spelling alphabet ("Alfa Romeo Foxtrot"), but since I've never seen affirm used in these before, let alone with a single 'f', I learned that they went back to the 1930s even for that. Aviation's spelling would be "Amsterdam Roma Florida", but maybe these pups spend most of their time on a carrier? (Or is the mismatch itself a reference to an old cartoon?)
Grounder

Re: Cuphead: DLC - Not Final - Stomach Trouble

Post by Grounder »

Silent film.

IMO, the secret boss could have been put in this episode, too, but I suppose we'll see.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Really nice work beating saltbaker on your first try, Crackshot and the health charm add so much survivability, it's nuts!

A few things about expert mode, and a possible S rank lp: while it is true Expert isn't that different from Normal mode, it is a lot harder. It's noticably harder when you're actually playing it, there are more shots on screen, and the attacks come faster. Saltbaker in particular can be a real menace on exoert.

Now for S ranks, Chalice's extra hp actually gives you a buffer hit! You can take one hit and still maintain S-rank, you might have noticed it only registered you getting hit once in saltbaker when you ended the fight with Two hp. That also means that Chalice's second super is also completely legal as far as avoiding damage is concerned! The downside there unfortunately is that past isle one (and even for some fights on isle 1) the lack of a damaging super means you can't beat the bosses under par. It's good for securing those easy wins, but past that you gotta play well.
General_Urist

Post by General_Urist »

Dang seeing raocow casually smash through Saltbaker like he was some miniboss was a spectacular sight! Even then, it feels he went down very fast. Does he not actually have that much HP?
Grounder

Re: Cuphead: DLC - THAT'S ALL...? - Hell's Bells

Post by Grounder »

more like wonderfart
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage