(shouting)

Wariowl Landspear 2 - District of Columbia

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Paragraph

Re: Wario Land 2 - Maryland

Post by Paragraph »

While I agree that sebby is being overeager, raocow probably won't revisit this particular stage because he got the treasure and map piece already. So I think explanations of where the treasure room entrances were don't hurt, but they won't help raocow specifically either...
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Re: Wario Land 2 - Massachusetts

Post by Kilgamayan »

As a resident of Massachusetts I can confirm that we have castles with lots of pigeons and owls and foxes with torches and walls that can be destroyed by setting yourself on fire and running straight into them.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

looking forward to getting 25+ treasures in the next four stages
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Yeah, the game is backloaded as hell!
Cosmo Fishhawk

Post by Cosmo Fishhawk »

What is it with Nintendo and getting picked up and carried by owls? This, Coo from Kirby, Mario 64, Ocarina of Time... I feel like there's others that I'm forgetting.

Is this a reference to Japanese culture that I don't know?
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

warpio wrote: Sebby you're assuming that raocow has given up and just wants the answers to how to find stuff fed to him, but I think it's more likely that he's just rushing through to see what the post-story content is like and is planning to do a serious attempt at searching for stuff after he's able to return to these levels. maybe chill on the walkthrough spam so that he doesn't feel like he needs to avoid reading the thread.
Voltgloss wrote: This. Or at least please use spoiler tags. That's what they are there for. Then raocow can decide himself whether to read the puzzle solutions or not - without having to literally avert his eyes from the thread.
Paragraph wrote: 6 years ago While I agree that sebby is being overeager, raocow probably won't revisit this particular stage because he got the treasure and map piece already. So I think explanations of where the treasure room entrances were don't hurt, but they won't help raocow specifically either...
Most of ya'll are a bit quick to judge. raocow has absolutely no reason to come back to this level, so why not tell him the solution. The other reason is because the 1-tile fake floor will be a recurring thing, that I'm hinting he should watch out for.

If you noticed, I HAVE spoilered some things in levels that I know he must come back too.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Chiming in here, yo.

Just as a friendly reminder... please keep spoilers hidden. Those spoiler tags exist for a reason, as someone else said. Even if it's minor, hide it.

I understand the excitement and desire to help, but at *least* have the decency to keep that stuff hidden. :P
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Cosmo Fishhawk wrote: 6 years ago What is it with Nintendo and getting picked up and carried by owls? This, Coo from Kirby, Mario 64, Ocarina of Time... I feel like there's others that I'm forgetting.

Is this a reference to Japanese culture that I don't know?
Super Mario Land 2 also had friendly owls, although they were only used as platforms.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

So can I mention how you get into that last door? Or are people gonna get upset that I revealed how to get to a bonus room that raocow is NEVER gonna show off?

Or do I have to spoiler a non-spoiler?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

you sounds rather upset there yourself
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

In my opinion, revealing how to solve a puzzle in a game (that raocow hasn't already solved and shown off in his playthrough) is a spoiler regardless of whether raocow ultimately shows it off or not.

Also, it takes literally one click to add a spoiler tag.

[edited for clarity]

[edited again to add "in my opinion" to the first paragraph. I'm not a mod nor do I play one on TV. Though the second paragraph - that only one click is needed for a spoiler tag - isn't opinion, but rather objective fact.]
Last edited by Voltgloss 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Sebby19 wrote: 6 years ago So can I mention how you get into that last door? Or are people gonna get upset that I revealed how to get to a bonus room that raocow is NEVER gonna show off?

No, that's totally cool. If he never has to return to a level, you might as well. Just don't say "Hey, you're going to need to do this trick in a few other levels!" since that would give potential stuff away.

Like I'm going to guess you needed the snow dude on the left to send you off to the right, but I don't know for sure.
Matt is me
[color=#FFD700]Forum codes don't work here...[/color]

Post by Matt is me »

Sebby19 wrote: 6 years ago The other reason is because the 1-tile fake floor will be a recurring thing, that I'm hinting he should watch out for.
Right, this is precisely why people have a problem. Let the man play the game and figure stuff out! He's reasonably smart and good at platformers, he'll get there. Unless he asks for help, but so far, he's doing fine.

If it's 100% "here's a cool thing you missed but have no reason to go back for", I see no problem. But if it's "hey, here's what you need to do a few levels from now", that's a bigger issue.
The Doctor

Re: Wario Land 2 - Michigan

Post by The Doctor »

So to keep it simple, just err on the side of caution. If you're posting a secret or hinting at something that hasn't been covered in a video then use the spoiler tag. It's simple, quick, and makes everyone happy.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago
Sebby19 wrote: 6 years ago So can I mention how you get into that last door? Or are people gonna get upset that I revealed how to get to a bonus room that raocow is NEVER gonna show off?

No, that's totally cool. If he never has to return to a level, you might as well. Just don't say "Hey, you're going to need to do this trick in a few other levels!" since that would give potential stuff away.

Like I'm going to guess you needed the snow dude on the left to send you off to the right, but I don't know for sure.
That's also what I was thinking; I'm reasonably certain that it's a required technique in Warioland 4 at some point.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Kilgamayan wrote: 6 years ago As a resident of Massachusetts I can confirm that we have castles with lots of pigeons and owls and foxes with torches and walls that can be destroyed by setting yourself on fire and running straight into them.
Wasn't that also a mission in Tony Hawk Underground?
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Bean wrote: 6 years agoLike I'm going to guess you needed the snow dude on the left to send you off to the right, but I don't know for sure.
DING! Correctamundo!

Anyways, I'm actually kinda surprised that this level introduces 3 transformations at the same time (partly thanks to the way raocow played).

Frozen Wario is the worst transformation, in my opinion. Even if Dizzy Wario is technically more useless, with 0 puzzles attached to that one, getting frozen consistently produces more urghs to come out of your throat.
Frozen Wario can't even kill any enemies in WL2, unlike 3 and 4.
And as my final point, remember those Yetis in WL4? They were the only transformation-causing baddie that 1)dropped money when killed, and 2)did not respawn. Says a lot about Frozen Wario.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Defeat Four Ducks is the name of my mixtape
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

such a succinct tale of tragedy in that thumbnail
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Wonder why you didn't try to figure out the mouse ride on the way back from the treasure room, when you had no more coins to lose anyway?

Pure speculation, not memory: maybe the mouse is bounced in the direction it looks, so you have to make it follow you first, then you start the bounce-parade?
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Today's treasure may be the hardest one for raocow to obtain.

Enemies bounce away depending on what side you land on.

Also, those 3 switch blocks just before the last duck? No idea. It's the one secret I'm aware of that I don't know how to reach.

I guess at the end of the LP, I'll have to look at VGmaps to find out how :(
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Sebby19 wrote: 6 years ago Enemies bounce away depending on what side you land on.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
BuzzNBen
First name: Ben

Re: Wario Land 2 - Minnesota

Post by BuzzNBen »

Hmm. Maybe raocow should have realized that the level would end when he destroyed the 4th duck because of the music jingle that you hear at the end of every level?

...Or maybe he was just too distracted by the sight of the 4th duck that he just had to destroy it for the sake of destroying things. Typical typical raocow, lol.

Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

Is it just my imagination, or is raocow's commentary giving off a hint of fatigue? D:
video games
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Mandew wrote: 6 years ago Is it just my imagination, or is raocow's commentary giving off a hint of fatigue? D:
i was motivated to google "wario on quaaludes"

top hit: a Kotaku article including the sentence "WE HELPED A CONGOLESE WARLORD ESCAPE THE ENDLESS CYCLE OF BRUTALITY BY GETTING HIM ADDICTED TO WARIOWARE AND QUAALUDES" (caps in original)