(shouting)

Wariowl Landspear 2 - District of Columbia

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Bean
Yep.

Re: Wario Land 2 - South Carolina

Post by Bean »

At this point, I'm not so sure that's a spoiler as much as it is an inevitability.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Re: Wario Land 2 - South Carolina

Post by Crow »

the final boss at the end of the secret bonus level is apparently giant spear man so i feel like the devs just did it on purpose as a joke tbh

i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Sebby19

Re: Wario Land 2 - Colorado

Post by Sebby19 »

Storytime, with Wario Land 2!
Previously on Wario Land II...
After beating the Giant Snake guarding the cellar, Wario finds he wasted too much time, the pirates escaped with his treasure! But he is hot on their trail. In their last act of chaos, the pirates scare off Wario's prized Hen! Get her back, then resume the chase, before they leave in their famous ship, the S.S. Teacup
but...
Instead of just simply finding his treasure on the S.S Teacup, Wario decides to sink the boat instead. That doesn't slow down Captain Syrup and her Gooms, who simply escape in a tiny submarine. They re-amerge at some convenient ancient underwater ruins, seeking to add some ancient treasure to Wario's stash. Can Wario corner them in these ruins?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Re: Wario Land 2 - South Dakota

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I thought the duck was in the lower-left panel, but I was wrong.

Fun fact, the duck was in the same place both times you played.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Escape from the Tea Cup is neat because it's the same level as Drop the Anchor, just flooded and with pieces of the level broken or floating around elsewhere. You can even go back all the way to the beginning of Drop the Anchor for some extra money. The Bonus room is even in the same place in both levels!
SpoonyBardOL

Post by SpoonyBardOL »

This branch is my favorite of the alternates, both it and Waluigi's Mansion Uncanny Manor are the most unique, but I think there's more cleverness in the design of the stages of this chapter than the Manor, which was mostly 'LOL Zombie'd'.

Though maybe it can get a bit too clever, I wonder how much raocow will struggle against some of the secrets.

Another thing I like about this chapter is (fourth stage spoiler)

it features a boss that you can technically skip and still 100% the game. At least I'm pretty sure the game doesn't care if you get every exit in the game, just that you complete every stage with the treasure and map piece, so the fish boss in the fourth stage can be bypassed if you just get the secret exit in that stage.

Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Dragon Fogel wrote: 6 years agoI thought the duck was in the lower-left panel, but I was wrong.

Fun fact, the duck was in the same place both times you played.
The one he chose the first try was as well. I wonder if its set on a per-level basis or something.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

SpoonyBardOL wrote: 6 years ago This branch is my favorite of the alternates, both it and Waluigi's Mansion Uncanny Manor are the most unique, but I think there's more cleverness in the design of the stages of this chapter than the Manor, which was mostly 'LOL Zombie'd'.

Though maybe it can get a bit too clever, I wonder how much raocow will struggle against some of the secrets.

Another thing I like about this chapter is (fourth stage spoiler)

it features a boss that you can technically skip and still 100% the game. At least I'm pretty sure the game doesn't care if you get every exit in the game, just that you complete every stage with the treasure and map piece, so the fish boss in the fourth stage can be bypassed if you just get the secret exit in that stage.

I'm still trying to figure out which is the 'normal' exit, and which is the secret exit, since the normal rules don't apply in 3-4(b)
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

So this is the timeline in which the sages flooded the kingdom... if the sage was a fat greedy dude that just wanted his money back.
Bean
Yep.

Re: Wario Land 2 - Tennessee

Post by Bean »

So two things about the Giant Spear Man here...

1) A Google search for the stage name literally puts four of your videos in the top seven results for me. It'd totally be five if the naming gimmick wasn't changed today.

2) From the Mario Wiki: The Giant Spear Man (also called Spear Guy*) is a giant Pirate Goom that appeared in Wario Land II.

*Not to be confused with Spear Guy.

Ah, Spear Guy not to be confused with Spear Guy. I love how that wiki is written sometimes. Ha-ha.
Crow

Post by Crow »

rip the video naming gimmick

owl control and giant spear man, finally together at last
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago 1) A Google search for the stage name literally puts four of your videos in the top seven results for me. It'd totally be five if the naming gimmick wasn't changed today.
Holy cannoli, you're right. And this is with an unbiased, untainted, pure new incognito search.
Attachments
spear man.PNG
spear man.PNG (308.45 KiB) Viewed 3726 times
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Crow

Post by Crow »

petitioning for raocow to fix the video title because I want 5 videos with the same title
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Awoo »

The giant spear man is quickly becoming one of my favorite Wario Land characters ever. He tries his best!
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

they called me up in tennessee, they said temmie, stand by the (giant spear) mans
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

So for today's "difficult" platforming section, Wario's best jump is dash+jump. This is true across the entire WL series.

Disappointed rao didn't explore the entire level. There is an interesting rolling jump challenge across the entire top of the level, which goes past the start point.

I've noticed the Total coin stash has been steadily going down, since it peaked at around 3600. This shouldn't be a problem now, since there is only 7 levels left in the game.
But if rao was half-assing these levels earlier in the game, like he is now, he'd be in major trouble.
(sorry for the swear, there was no better descriptor)
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Re: Wario Land 2 - Texas

Post by FourteenthOrder »

I feel like a bad person for laughing as hard as I did at the fish montage. It just struck me as one of the funniest moments in this whole series for some reason.
Crow

Post by Crow »

Sebby19 wrote: 6 years ago So for today's "difficult" platforming section, Wario's best jump is dash+jump. This is true across the entire WL series.
yeah this was blatantly obvious as the intended solution and i have no clue why rao never tried it
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

The other thing about the jumps today was up at the top where he kept falling down. I've noticed that almost every time raocow jumps he's doing the tall jump. There's actually disadvantages to using that jump all the time. Wario doesn't get as much horizontal distance while high jumping and he hits the ceilings faster. That's why raocow fell down the two tile gaps multiple times. And also, he crouch jumps all the time in Mario games, but never in this game where it'll really make your jump clearance smaller.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

FourteenthOrder wrote: 6 years agoI feel like a bad person for laughing as hard as I did at the fish montage. It just struck me as one of the funniest moments in this whole series for some reason.
I don't feel bad for laughing at him for that. He brought it on himself by randomly forgetting a game mechanic he's been using throughout the entire game.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

This is my favorite way to cheat:
https://i.imgur.com/xPfDPxl.png
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

what does that have to do with anything?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Sebby19 wrote: 6 years ago what does that have to do with anything?
*T-poses to establish dominance*

i have no idea what the hell that post is on about either

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Grounder wrote: 6 years ago
quick question did either of you watch the video

yknow... "Post in the comments your favorite way to cheat"

Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Leet wrote: 6 years ago
Grounder wrote: 6 years ago
quick question did either of you watch the video

yknow... "Post in the comments your favorite way to cheat"

this isnt the comments section

we win by default
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage