(shouting)

Wariowl Landspear 2 - District of Columbia

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Re: Wario Land 2 - West Virginia

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago Spear violence in America is on the rise, we should outlaw assault spears to reduce violence nationwide, there's literally no downside except that the NSA (National Spear Association) would lose money but screw em
"Spears don't kill people, giant spear men kill people."
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Politically-related, raocow made a good point today that Wario's love of money is just a pretense for chaos. Wario isn't a capitalist, and he wouldn't exploit workers to make money; he only cares about money that he himself gained through destruction. In other words, the money is more of a symbolic representation of the disarray he caused to get it (often stealing it from capitalist structures like factories, or other peoples' castles), and this is visible through how easily-lost his wealth is; he hoards the money he gets, but he doesn't put it in a bank to let it continuously gain interest, because the adventure of getting it is more important, even if that means he has to let it get stolen.

I already said this when we encountered it, but I think the fact that one of the treasures he gains is clearly the Apple of Discord itself spells out his true intentions quite clearly.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Leet wrote: 5 years ago Politically-related, raocow made a good point today that Wario's love of money is just a pretense for chaos. Wario isn't a capitalist, and he wouldn't exploit workers to make money; he only cares about money that he himself gained through destruction. In other words, the money is more of a symbolic representation of the disarray he caused to get it (often stealing it from capitalist structures like factories, or other peoples' castles), and this is visible through how easily-lost his wealth is; he hoards the money he gets, but he doesn't put it in a bank to let it continuously gain interest, because the adventure of getting it is more important, even if that means he has to let it get stolen.

I already said this when we encountered it, but I think the fact that one of the treasures he gains is clearly the Apple of Discord itself spells out his true intentions quite clearly.

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Parama wrote: 5 years agoWario Land 2 is actually a form of purgatory where wario must relive out moments of his life eternally and there is no sweet release of death to grant him freedom from this endless cycle
He should've thought about that before having the audacity to be Wario then.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Awoo »

Dragon Fogel wrote: 5 years ago
Parama wrote: 5 years ago Spear violence in America is on the rise, we should outlaw assault spears to reduce violence nationwide, there's literally no downside except that the NSA (National Spear Association) would lose money but screw em
"Spears don't kill people, giant spear men kill people."
The Giant Spear Man did nothing wrong :(
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Veruchai
Theoretically invisible

Post by Veruchai »

Look at that muncher spam, just terrible design there.
What, rao already made that joke?
Might as well reiterate then that I think this game is great in case I miss the final ep.
With the branching story, interesting puzzles and even an actually fun darkness gimmick.
I doubt I would have seen it otherwise so thanks for playing it rao.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Re: Wario Land 2 - Wisconsin

Post by Dragon Fogel »

If someone made a game that combined Cat Planet and Owl Control, would raocow say any other words for the entire LP?
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Dragon Fogel wrote: 5 years ago If someone made a game that combined Cat Planet and Owl Control, would raocow say any other words for the entire LP?
Hey, there, everyone, this, is, & raocow.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

where owls control my elf
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Obviously Wario was breaking in to the Jakks Pacific factory and the treasure is one of their big Metroid toys.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

I think raocow was just using a president name as a funny random street name, but I'm pretty sure president names are a common thing in the US.

ImageImage
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

oh man right next to the hard rock cafe
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
BuzzNBen
First name: Ben

Post by BuzzNBen »

Dragon Fogel wrote: 5 years ago If someone made a game that combined Cat Planet and Owl Control, would raocow say any other words for the entire LP?
No. :lol:
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

raocow wrote:*ping*
raocow, you done goofed real big. You missed the ending for the factory chapter! Why'd you think it be overwritten, if you didn't try any buttons?

Thanfully, there is a nice feature now where you can press Up+A on the level's title to skip straight to the boss.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

Should add the "meteor shower" parts from "For Pete's Sake" to cap it off.

Meteor shower, meteor shower, meteor shower, meteor shower.
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

raocow wrote:*ping*
Sorry, it's Down+A to skip to the Boss.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Wario Land 2 - Wyoming

Post by raocow »

it's a good thing I left a savestate at that exact screen just in case!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
SpoonyBardOL

Post by SpoonyBardOL »

I'm mostly disappointed raocow missed the obvious Owl Control pun when he fumbled with 'Shovel Control'. He clearly should have said 'Trowel Control'.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Wario doesn't control as well as Mario because he's, well, Wario. Muscle man has POWER and STRENGTH and no time for silly "''''precision''''".
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Remember that time Goku got the Heart Attack power-up?
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

raocow manages to make an owl control episode from scratch
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Sebby19

Re: Wario Land 2 - Colorado

Post by Sebby19 »

Even though we didn't see it today, I'll just post this anyways.

"Story Time! With Wario Land II"
Previously on Wario Land II...
After messing around with some switches in a city factory, the pirates escape route is redirected deeper into the facility. You've almost got them cornered Wario! Just be careful, there is a lot of technology Syrup can use against you.
And finally...
Reaching the end of the factory, Wario quite easily beat Captain Syrup and her latest contraption. Elsewhere, by the city's train station, a fissure in the sidewalk suddenly erupts, spewing out Captain Syrup and her Gooms into the distance. Wario and his treasure also ascends from the hole he made, satisfied. With his treasure in hand, Wario casually treks back to his castle, over land, air, and sea, as the credits roll.
One thing I don't understand is why this ending has Wario go land>air>sea>castle, when the first ending has land>air>land>castle. Logically, shouldn't they be the same?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Anyways, tomorrow Wario finally completes his revenge and steals Syrup's own treasure. The final boss is a terrifying site I hope raocow is able to handle. Even reaching the final boss will be a challenge itself, as complete knowledge of all the game engine's quirks must be understood and mastered.
Good luck.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Wario Land 2 - Colorado

Post by Awoo »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago Anyways, tomorrow Wario finally completes his revenge and steals Syrup's own treasure. The final boss is a terrifying site I hope raocow is able to handle. Even reaching the final boss will be a challenge itself, as complete knowledge of all the game engine's quirks must be understood and mastered.
Good luck.
Good luck, raocow! I know you can do it, we believe in you!

I'm really going to miss The Giant Spear Man

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Blue

Post by Blue »

Yeah, the difficulty spike tomorrow is something else. Took me like half an hour to beat the level when I was a wee lad. It really forces you to understand a bunch of stuff that was either barely used or completely unused in the rest of the game.