(shouting)

Wariowl Landspear 2 - District of Columbia

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Bean
Yep.

Re: Wario Land 2 - New Hampshire

Post by Bean »

I'll take castle symmetry zone over door maze world any day.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: Wario Land 2 - Nevada

Post by Leet »

Nimono wrote: 6 years ago
warpio wrote: 6 years ago Gooms do not stop and turn randomly for no reason. These are the conditions that will make them stop and turn around:
- Bumping into their spike
- Ground Pounding
- They walk into a wall or reach the end of the surface they're walking on.

In addition, the enemies like the duck that throw projectiles or have some specific attack animation will attack whenever they see Wario, and turn around after they they get to the end of their attack and Wario is no longer in their sights. So they're not quite as reliable as a red koopa for figuring out where the floor is disconnected, but it should be very obvious to anyone playing the game that Gooms basically act like red koopas.
In fact, this is seen in the earliest levels, where there AREN'T fake floors- fake floors only start to pop up after you've had plenty of time to watch how Gooms act!

so tomorrow's video is gonna be a thing.

A WARIO LAND TH- *kiled*
but none of that actually matters - yes, you have literally observed how they act, but what reason would you ever have to consciously process it? maybe it's just raocow's play style, but watching this, it seems that in the vast majority of cases around them you will have either killed them or otherwise messed with them (through ground pounding, bumping them) before they've done much.

furthremore, the fact that they STOP, WAIT and THEN turn around makes them register very differently from mario enemies. as if they're wandering rather than following a machinistic pattern.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Sebby19

Re: Wario Land 2 - Colorado

Post by Sebby19 »

Well fudge, turns out I saved a post 4 days ago, but never actually posted it. Whoops...
In the early, sunny morning, Wario is lazily sleeping in his castle, which he bought from a genie for just under 10,000 coins, after ransacking the island of the Brown Sugar Pirates. However, shadowy figures quietly march in, and enter the castle. Once inside, they steal Wario's treasure horde, and vandalize the entire place, including flooding the palace. If Wario wakes up, he needs to restore his castle, and grab back his treasure from the now newly regrouped and rebranded Black Sugar Pirates!
but...
Wario never woke up, despite all the ruckess and noise. Using the lucky opportunity, the pirates throw Wario out of his own castle, and completely took over the place. Wario is not pleased.
I wish when you are on a new path, the levels would just lead into the next seamlessly, like they used to.
What the game should've done is ask you "Continue to next stage?", and then you press A or B to answer.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Previously on Wario Land II...
Wario never woke up, despite all the ruckess and noise. Using the lucky opportunity, the pirates throw Wario out of his own castle, and completely took over the place. Wario is not pleased.
And finally...
Defeating Syrup and her latest security system, Wario knocks her and the Black Sugar Pirates far away. Already being late at night, he goes back to bed, and sleeps.
Since watching Wario sleep during the credits sounds boring, umm... Look at the birdies! Look at all the areas Wario could have gone, if he bothered to wake up this morning.
Wario, you better wake up next time. Sweet dreams.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

Leet wrote: 6 years ago but none of that actually matters - yes, you have literally observed how they act, but what reason would you ever have to consciously process it? maybe it's just raocow's play style, but watching this, it seems that in the vast majority of cases around them you will have either killed them or otherwise messed with them (through ground pounding, bumping them) before they've done much.

furthremore, the fact that they STOP, WAIT and THEN turn around makes them register very differently from mario enemies. as if they're wandering rather than following a machinistic pattern.
and that's what I meant by my earlier post saying that raocow would logically never notice it :P it's something you CAN notice, but it's something you'd have to pay attention for, and in a game like this, why would you pay attention to an enemy's movement patterns beyond "does it follow me/attack when I get near?"
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Wario Land 2 - New Jersey

Post by Voltgloss »

I am inordinately pleased that the heart of Wario's castle has been conclusively proven to be in New Jersey.

I also thought raocow did very well in quickly figuring out today's boss fight.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

https://audiomack.com/song/rockythechao/wliiballoon

would've embedded but it doesn't seem to be working rn
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Leet wrote: 6 years agofurthremore, the fact that they STOP, WAIT and THEN turn around makes them register very differently from mario enemies. as if they're wandering rather than following a machinistic pattern.
Just want to point out that almost every enemy in the Wario games pause before turning around. What I do like is that if the happen to turn around right before you bump into, you won't get stabbed by whatever pointy bit they have. So it seems there is a few mercy frames the developers threw in.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

Rockythechao wrote: 6 years ago https://audiomack.com/song/rockythechao/wliiballoon

would've embedded but it doesn't seem to be working rn
yes.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Story time, with Wario Land 2.
Previously on Wario Land II...
In the early, sunny morning, Wario is lazily sleeping in his castle, which he bought from a genie for just under 10,000 coins, after ransacking the island of the Brown Sugar Pirates. However, shadowy figures quietly march in, and enter the castle. Once inside, they steal Wario's treasure horde, and vandalize the entire place, including flooding the palace. If Wario wakes up, he needs to restore his castle, and grab back his treasure from the now newly regrouped and rebranded Black Sugar Pirates!
but...
Wario finds a way around the Giant Snake gaurding his cellar. By not wasting time fighting the reptile, Wario reaches where his treasure horde used to be much sooner than the pirates anticipate. With Wario hot on thier tale, the theiving Gooms have to change course and come up with a quick Plan B: jump into that nearby hole! Wario follows suit, falling into the furthest depths of his cellar. Which is actually a sprawling cave system that Wario never finished modeling.
The secret chapter is actually the path I first took, when playing this game.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

why does wario have ghosts in his cellar
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

Grounder wrote: 6 years ago why does wario have ghosts in his cellar
why NOT? maybe he thinks one of them might ally with him and get him some money, like zenisuki except being NICE
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: Wario Land 2 - New Mexico

Post by SAJewers »

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

what was wrong with the old mexico
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

if there are more than 50 videos will we start getting into territories?
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Mata Hari wrote: 6 years agowhat was wrong with the old mexico
It wasn't quite American't enough.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Ivy wrote: 6 years ago if there are more than 50 videos will we start getting into territories?
The last one will probably be the District of Columbia.

Or Canada, to be funny.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

raocow, you're triggering me when you give up halfway through an obvious secret. One at the beginning, one in the middle, and one at the end. Smash wall, bounce on enemy, Flat Wario. :ugeek:

Otherwise, I'm okay *eyetwitch*
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Re: Wario Land 2 - New York

Post by Kilgamayan »

I liked the part where not avoiding the rocks was required to clear the level.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
bbbrrr_it_cold
Always ambivalent, always lurking...
First name: Quagsire

Post by bbbrrr_it_cold »

You know, watching this playthrough (compared to another blind playthrough of this I watched) and following the thread, I think I realized something.
People like to rag on raocow for being unobservant sometimes. Despite the fact that he's shown himself to actually be very observant in certain situations and also despite the fact that you sometimes miss things while playing because of how focused you are on certain things (and also ignoring that some people are just more or less observant about certain things in general), I think I realized a good chunk of the 'problem.'
Our fair raocow doesn't actually ever need to be observant. Why?
Because the moment he misses even the slightest thing, someone rushes over to tell him exactly what he missed and how he missed it. I mean, at least the forum is slightly better than the youtube comments. But, on the other hand, I was going to come here and mention how honestly disheartened raocow sounded about there not being a mystery for his cleanup portion today and how that might sway people to not be so hand-holdy on a game he's trying to play blind...when the first comment I see here about the video is complaining about raocow not getting inconsequential puzzles and telling him the solution. And, sure, they're inconsequential so spoiling them shouldn't matter, but then why even bother spoiling them if they are so inconsequential?

Just some thoughts from someone who legitimately hates spoilers, 'tips and tricks" or otherwise unsolicited hints in games he's playing blind who is also legitimately worried about what this spells for future endeavors like Hollow Knight and La Mulana.
(And before anyone says it since I've heard it before, I'll just put out this preemptively: the fact that he plays video games on the internet is NOT automatic solicitation for things he misses. Only him actually asking is solicitation.)
I have a twitch (where I try to stream most Tuesday and Friday nights): (Don't watch it)
I have a youtube (currently only with stream highlights): (Don't watch it)
I have a twitter (where I say just about nothing): (Don't follow it)
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

Quagsire is right, you people are all shit
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

raocow you are such a nice guy but when people just tell you what to do when you don't want it you need to give them a bollocking or they won't learn anything.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Sebby19 wrote: 6 years ago raocow, you're triggering me when you give up halfway through an obvious secret. One at the beginning, one in the middle, and one at the end. Smash wall, bounce on enemy, Flat Wario. :ugeek:

Otherwise, I'm okay *eyetwitch*
yeah wario land 2 would be super-enriched by spending more time on entering rooms full of coins, grabbing the coins and then leaving the room. sure is a shame that raocow's missing out on those unique once-in-a-playtime experiences also haha pstd is so funny xd
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

this thread is quickly devolving into
temp2.png
temp2.png (664.08 KiB) Viewed 3414 times
Last edited by Grounder 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

I have a very specific plan in mind for La Mulana that, I hope, will manage to be of legitimate use/help to raocow in playing that game WITHOUT spoiling him on anything unless he explicitly and directly asks for it.