(shouting)

Wariowl Landspear 2 - District of Columbia

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Paragraph

Re: Wario Land 2 - Mississippi

Post by Paragraph »

This stage is simply not very good.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Yeah that was

Certainly a level
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

There's another like it.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

there's something enjoyable about breaking down walls to me
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

lol how is it bad, it's a fun gimmick level where you get to break everything. so much better than Can You Go Up On A Platform With Coins On It In This Boring Forest
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Leet

Re: Wario Land 2 - Minnesota

Post by Leet »

Mandew wrote: 6 years ago Is it just my imagination, or is raocow's commentary giving off a hint of fatigue? D:
he always talks like that now when he's playing a game that's too easy for him to want to say anything interesting about :'(
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

dang it why do youtube commenters keep insisting on trying to tell raocow where the secret exits are outright? haven't they learned from bunny must die? where's the fun in watching raocow if we don't get to watch him mess up in hilarious ways? :D
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Nimono wrote: 6 years ago dang it why do youtube commenters keep insisting on trying to tell raocow where the secret exits are outright? haven't they learned from bunny must die? where's the fun in watching raocow if we don't get to watch him mess up in hilarious ways? :D
i mean the first one is pretty bullshit so i cant blame them too hard on that one
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Kitsune Zeta

Post by Kitsune Zeta »

Now that raocow's reached an ending, we move from what I'll call the "first part" of the game (beating stages) to the "second part" of the game, which is actively seeking treasures, map pieces, and alternate exits. If my memory's not failing me on this, I believe most of them use an exit door as the trigger. I know of two exceptions (the first stage being probably the most well-known one, if only for how... stupid and yet sensible it is)

And, yeah, you do in fact have to reset the game boy (color) after the post-level save in order to continue on.

Anyways, here's how to read the map (which will now serve as stage select): any empty square is a stage you haven't reached yet. Any square with a treasure chest on it contains a treasure that you haven't gotten (there is one exception to this, but it'll be a painfully obvious one when you get there). The small boxes next to the squares correspond to the map piece for that stage, and will be white if the map piece for that stage has been obtained. As I mentioned above, raocow's goal should now be to get the treasures in stages that he missed them in and find alternate exits. (He's actually been doing a perfect job so far with the map pieces. Good thing those never get any harder to earn.)
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

Kitsune Zeta wrote: 6 years ago Now that raocow's reached an ending, we move from what I'll call the "first part" of the game (beating stages) to the "second part" of the game, which is actively seeking treasures, map pieces, and alternate exits. If my memory's not failing me on this, I believe most of them use an exit door as the trigger. I know of two exceptions (the first stage being probably the most well-known one, if only for how... stupid and yet sensible it is)

And, yeah, you do in fact have to reset the game boy (color) after the post-level save in order to continue on.

Anyways, here's how to read the map (which will now serve as stage select): any empty square is a stage you haven't reached yet. Any square with a treasure chest on it contains a treasure that you haven't gotten (there is one exception to this, but it'll be a painfully obvious one when you get there). The small boxes next to the squares correspond to the map piece for that stage, and will be white if the map piece for that stage has been obtained. As I mentioned above, raocow's goal should now be to get the treasures in stages that he missed them in and find alternate exits. (He's actually been doing a perfect job so far with the map pieces. Good thing those never get any harder to earn.)
yeah the secret exits are doors

it's actually super easy to know whether or not something is an exit, without even looking: Listen to the music. If it changes to that cute little repeating bloop-y ditty, there's an exit condition on the screen.
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Re: Wario Land 2 - Missouri

Post by FPzero »

raocow has actually figured out most of the game's mechanics by this point, in terms of how things are typically hidden as well as movement. The only piece of advice I'd give at this point is that sometimes walls that can be broken by enemies are unmarked. This doesn't mean you should go throw an enemy at every wall in the game, but if you see something kind of suspicious, maybe try tossing a guy at it. Oh, and maybe don't powerthrow every enemy while doing this :D

edit: Oh also, I think you can now Start+Select to exit a level or press Select to get a pause menu and go back to the map, but I'm not 100% sure about this. I might be mixing it up with Wario Land 3, but I don't have a copy of WL2 on hand to check this for myself. Either way, doing so won't save your progress in a level so only use it if you think you've missed something and can't return to check and don't want to spend the time finishing the whole level.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Thanks youtube for spoiling everything once again

Kitsune Zeta

Post by Kitsune Zeta »

FPzero wrote: 6 years agoedit: Oh also, I think you can now Start+Select to exit a level or press Select to get a pause menu and go back to the map, but I'm not 100% sure about this. I might be mixing it up with Wario Land 3, but I don't have a copy of WL2 on hand to check this for myself. Either way, doing so won't save your progress in a level so only use it if you think you've missed something and can't return to check and don't want to spend the time finishing the whole level.
Well, I do, so... I did a bit of testing. START+SELECT doesn't exit the level, but SELECT brings up a menu screen that has, among other, a save-and-quit option. If you continue (from title screen) after doing so, you'll get the level select again, and if you pick the stage you were just in, you'll resume from where you saved. Picking a different stage will bring up a prompt confirming whether or not you want to erase your save point and start a new stage. A big note is that if you get a treasure in a level and then save without finishing the level, you will still have the treasure even if you jump to another level. (this is something raocow will be happy to hear, as it means he doesn't have to actually finish most of the levels he missed treasures in a second time.)
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Jesuiscontent wrote: 6 years ago Thanks youtube for spoiling everything once again
Heh... I upvoted some of the spoilers. First world anarchy

(USER WAS DOWNVOTED FOR THIS POST)
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

...so all along, Wario Land 2 was secretly a prequel to Virtue's Last Reward.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Kitsune Zeta wrote: 6 years agothe levels he missed treasures in a second time
I'd be fine if he just.. didn't lol
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Voltgloss wrote: 6 years ago ...so all along, Wario Land 2 was secretly a prequel to Virtue's Last Reward.
goddammit
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Sebby19

Re: Wario Land 2 - Colorado

Post by Sebby19 »

"Story Time! With Wario Land II"
Previously on Wario Land II...
After beating the resident B-ball master, Dunk, at his own game, Wario leaves the city, as Syrup and her Gooms are no longer there. Outside the city limits, Wario scans the horizon, and sees a familiar skull-shaped tower off in the woods and mountains. It seems Captain Syrup has rebuilt her castle, which was destroyed layer by layer, when Wario invaded their island long ago. Inside the new castle, Syrup celebrates with her succesful escape, and her Gooms can finally rest.
Looks like its time to return the favor and invade the new Syrup Castle, isn't it, Wario?
And finally...
After beating Syrup's tricky machine, the resulting explosions send her and her pirates far off, into the distance. Wario, with his treasure finally reclaimed, watches from a distance.
With his treasure in hand, Wario casually walks (and flies) back to his castle, as the credits roll.
I'm pretty excited for the next half of the game. Now, with the stage revisits, it may be worth it to do more than one level in an episode.

The only way to get out of the results screens is to pres A+B+Start+Select, to soft rest the game. Also, each ending has slightly different credit scenes, so don't fast forward them.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

You were definitely in Missouri at some points trying to figure out how to damage Syrup near the end there. Yeah, a couple of these final chapter fights can be annoying. This was one of them.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Yeah, this final boss may have been to puzzly for it's own good.

Also, you just skipped right over a door when you were in the upper area! In plain sight!
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Leet

Post by Leet »

Parama wrote: 6 years ago
Voltgloss wrote: 6 years ago ...so all along, Wario Land 2 was secretly a prequel to Virtue's Last Reward.
goddammit
Virtue's Last Rewario
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

What made that fight silly is that it changed the rules up between phases. Throwing normal enemies into Syrup's Eggmobile damaged it, but bombs would deflect off of it. I'm pretty sure that fight threw me off for a bit because of that very reason, too.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Man, how did anyone ever beat this game without an army of youtube and forum commenters giving helpful hints? Did they just... mess around and discover things on their own? That doesn't sound like a videogame to me!
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Nintendo Power and Player Guides. That's how.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago What made that fight silly is that it changed the rules up between phases. Throwing normal enemies into Syrup's Eggmobile damaged it, but bombs would deflect off of it. I'm pretty sure that fight threw me off for a bit because of that very reason, too.
Eggmobile? No no no

It's a Teacupmobile :B