(shouting)

Full Bore - Full CircleelcriC lluF - eroB lluF

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Crow »

i think this is the first time or at least one of the few times where raocow has randomly accidentally solved a puzzle without realizing what he was doing until he'd solved it

huh :P

btw congrats on clearing the required portion of bhudevi in 1.5 videos lol

i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Sebby19

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Sebby19 »

He keeps getting tripped up by thinking he's been to a room before, when it's actually just the map filling in the connections between the new room, and some other room he's been to.

As for the Cold guy... we'll need more lore to determine anything. Who knows, he may have been human at one point. Maybe even one of the scientists who caused all this! Cold did say he's there as some sort of penance.
The 'whitecoats' mentioned are definitely the scientists in their lab coats.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Truckeeben

Post by Truckeeben »

man it still feels weird to me that Dig Pig, The Video Game has a story like this
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I could have sworn that the first new room he did today was already on the map when he'd never been there, but maybe he just ducked into it and I forgot? It's bothering meEDIT: Okay, in yesterday's video he DID go to Lynchpin, but off-camera, and the editing is kinda subtle.

Also this plot is just getting better and better.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Sebby19

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Sebby19 »

Hey raocow, didn't you want to go back to Deep Delve and 100% that? I recommend you do, before you accidently stumble your way into World 4 and have the door close behind you, for the 3rd time.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Crow

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Crow »

you can actually go directly back from world 4 to world 3 iirc.
not that anything was stopping him from going back to world 2 from world 3 until just today

also my heart skipped a beat when you entered cross purposes, would put that one in the top 10 hardest rooms in the game at the very least. aaugh.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I love how raocow's genuine reaction as the lore gets darker and more involved is "So they call us the Tall Ones? That's adorable!" It's a perfect summary of what makes raocow so fun to watch, but also of how this game treats its own tone. In general I think this game has been a great fit for raocow, and it's made for a great LP.
tirakai

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by tirakai »

Isn't this puzzle in part 20 something raocow's done before in multiple rooms? Wouldn't you just have to

destroy the three stone blocks to free the rising blocks, then go back and destroy the first dirt to make a staircase? And after that you'd simply climb the stairs and destroy the other two dirt on your way up.

Or am I misunderstanding mechanics of the rising blocks?
Crow

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Crow »

raocow, there's no question mark in the way is shut so there's no stomp puzzle, that's how the game is, it's not gonna lie to you!!
jasper_

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by jasper_ »

i think the intention of the developers is that in-universe the little box thing is the mechanism that registers stomps. it can light up but it can also lower bridges and other things. i do agree that it's a bit confusing and the game tends to not separate world-building and cool environments and puzzles all that well so you might go "oh man this looks so neat there has to be something more here" but the answer is no. there's nothing more here.
Crow

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Crow »

boat guy doesn't bring you to the next part of the game. the "next part of the game" you get to from the room varaha is in, the game told you this and you intentionally didn't go that way :P
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by raocow »

huh I knew I was forgetting something like that...

but dang it this part of the game is more interesting!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Crow

Post by Crow »

you also didn't even fully explore the library, you only ever went right from the entry room & never checked out anything on the other side & that's driving me insane :P
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

This is one of those games that I would have played myself if I had known it was going to be this interesting, but I had no way of knowing it was going to be this interesting without seeing this LP. n~yoron
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I think Varaha also told you the door behind him leads to World 1, so you could have went to world 2 a long time ago.

So if the Endless Sea is not World 4 (which I expect to be Mole Town), then what is that place? World 5? World 0? World X?
As for the Lore, I am positive the 'Tall Ones' are humans in general, and the 'Whitecloaks' are the scientists.

Now, one important question I have. The boars were given intelligence and sentience by the Whitecloaks/Scientists. So how did that weasel in the library gain intelligence too? And I'll ask the same of the moles I assume we see, soon.

I'm surprised there is no Tvtropes page for this game yet.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Sebby19 wrote: 6 years agoI think Varaha also told you the door behind him leads to World 1, so you could have went to world 2 a long time ago.
I'm not sure about that but Varaha's room was very clearly marked with a warp point icon that raocow apparently seemed to totally overlook. (Could be that he was talking about the warp point but I don't actually recall that dialogue to begin with so I can't say.)
Crow

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Crow »

hey raocow! just as an fyi, if there's no door icon on the map, there's not going to be any extra way to get into that room!
just... just fyi... okay...
Crow

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Crow »

not gonna lie, watching you try to solve a "puzzle" when the solution was to /not dig a rock you kept digging/ is maybe the most frustrating moment of this entire LP so far :P
especially when there's literally nothing there, lol, omg
Sebby19

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Sebby19 »

There should have been some sort of prize, like another hat you can't wear.
Thinking about it, there have been no extra prizes so far in World 2, while World 1 had 3: 2 hats and spark claws.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Parama wrote: 6 years agonot gonna lie, watching you try to solve a "puzzle" when the solution was to /not dig a rock you kept digging/ is maybe the most frustrating moment of this entire LP so far :P
especially when there's literally nothing there, lol, omg
I was more impressed that he somehow found a massively overcomplicated solution that actually managed to work personally. Takes a lot of dedication to overlook the simple solution you've done a thousand times to engineer that monstrosity and actually successfully use it.
Crow

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Crow »

i only just now realized that Crossover is tetris, huh
serious progress today too, rad
from the pace at the start i was expecting 50ish episodes but now i'm expecting only about 40 total, but who knows
Crow

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Crow »

Put It Together is another one of those rooms where I went "oh no" aloud when I saw it because I remember that room in particular for being quite tricky. i don't know how much time exactly was spent there but it sounded like a reasonable while :P

I have genuinely no idea why the altar in backyard didn't work at first, it usually only tracks your last 4 moves & if they're right it lights up, that's weird.

and oh god, a family united is. hell. just. aagh that one also took me forever. i believe it's a reference to another game, offspring fling. this game has a few game references like this. the obvious metroid one you already found, for one. and an upcoming one that's incredibly ironic.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

After everything in the game's lore, the thing that finally moves raocow to sadness is seeing a room titled "A Family United" with no context. Which is kind of a testament to how well this game plays with mood whiplash, I think.
Crow

Post by Crow »

Parama wrote: 6 years agoand oh god, a family united is. hell. just. aagh that one also took me forever.
yeah, not surprised. a one level video!