(shouting)

Full Bore - Full CircleelcriC lluF - eroB lluF

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Grounder

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE!

Post by Grounder »

you will all live to regret me making this thread
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I wonder what was in that hut raocow passed by on the surface?

Anyone noticed the boar trying to lockpick its way into the safe, before the rocket busted in?

This look like a loveling crafted game.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I started playing this some years ago but stopped, due to the LP I gave it another try.

It's fun, but it's also easy to get lost. At the point where I stopped, it was pretty hard to just figure out where to go for the next plot trigger and I spent a good while wandering around without finding it.

Then when I did find it, I triggered a couple of events that I didn't think were very fun.

I don't feel like this game's controls really support going fast, so a time limit just feels like it throws off the pacing.

On a more positive note, I worked out some things that helped with navigation.

raocow was wondering about a menu: well, if you press Select, you get one. From there you can look at things you got and reread messages you found. You can also view the map (which for some reason requires pressing the B button rather than having its own tab?) and it shows you an icon to indicate which sort of things haven't been found in each individual room.

One of those things is "doors", so once I realized this it was pretty helpful for figuring out where I hadn't been and eventually that got me further along in the plot.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I almost created the thread, but I couldn't come up with a title I liked. It was literally "Boring (v.), Not Boring (adj.)" at one point. Nope.
Chrysanth
Oh, now I understand what this is supposed to be.
First name: Molly
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Chrysanth »

I'm finally going to join one of these threads when they begin instead of missing out and feeling like it would be impossible to join later.
I wanted to make a point and say that the game seems super adorable -- bores make for great protagonists.

Judging by the website of the game and the activity of some of the team's social medias, I'd say we're looking at the only effort they ever put out as a group. For a three person development team it sure doesn't seem like one so far -- I genuinely was surprised to see that's how small the team was. Maybe getting a little more exposure will encourage them to make a comeback or something?
Oh gosh, it's been so long since I've signed up to be on a forum.
This is the part where I can write some witty banter or something?
Um ... okay ... I have a YouTube channel somewhere and I stay up at 2AM browsing Tumblr.
(P.S. I've also secretly wanted to join here for a while but always was shy about it but don't tell anyone I said that.)
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago I almost created the thread, but I couldn't come up with a title I liked. It was literally "Boring (v.), Not Boring (adj.)" at one point. Nope.
oh boy do i have a gimmick for you ;)
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Grounder

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE

Post by Grounder »

everyboardy
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

As someone who's a little ways into the game (and I do mean a little) I personally feel like the map can be hard to read at times as you get more rooms. I'd also like to be able to zoom in more on it than it lets me. That's just me though.

On the topic of completion, maybe 100% isn't happening? if raocow feels like going for it then more power to him, and I can't say how long the game is, but there seem to be a lot of puzzles going on.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

raocow, as someone who has played a lot of puzzle games, I feel I should make something clear.

What you did in this video is a perfectly normal puzzle game experience. Even people who have been doing this for years, people who play puzzle games primarily, even people who make puzzle games. We still flail around a lot and miss obvious things.

This is not you being bad at a puzzle game, this is simply you playing a puzzle game. This is what they're like.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

i don't think the game supports raocow going for 100% that well but i will absolutely insist on at least seeing the real ending. which will require at least a reasonable percent of the game completed iirc but not 100%

also! you have all the abilities you're ever going to have so anything you come across that you're not sure you can complete, you can.
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Dragon Fogel wrote: 6 years ago raocow, as someone who has played a lot of puzzle games, I feel I should make something clear.

What you did in this video is a perfectly normal puzzle game experience. Even people who have been doing this for years, people who play puzzle games primarily, even people who make puzzle games. We still flail around a lot and miss obvious things.

This is not you being bad at a puzzle game, this is simply you playing a puzzle game. This is what they're like.
The key to getting better at puzzle games isn't thinking in more complex terms, but actually thinking in more simple terms.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

raocow, I think you missed something in the top left of the area you spent most of today's video in. I'm pretty sure there was another path up there that you could reach.

Also while it's not exactly clear I think the thing in the top right tells you how many gems you've collected. Though I don't know for certain because it doesn't seem to update right away when you collect a gem.
Bean wrote: 6 years agoI almost created the thread, but I couldn't come up with a title I liked. It was literally "Boring (v.), Not Boring (adj.)" at one point. Nope.
I think "Boaring" would be a better choice personally.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Definitely makes sense. My brain just wasn't on the game with it, so I'm glad someone else made the thread.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG

Post by Dragon Fogel »

So when I loaded up the game to try to follow along, I still hadn't found the samoflange and I spent nearly an hour wandering around trying to find it. It's not in an obvious place at all, though there's at least some guidance to it.

That said, not having played in a while, it took me some time to stumble across the controls for the map, and looking for doors lead me to progress eventually. Hopefully things will go smoother for you.

And I don't know what the question marks are either.
Crow

Post by Crow »

question marks are just anything that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

raocow, to clear things up, doors with ??? on them lead to places you've not necessarily been to, and having a door icon on your map means specifically that there is an adjacent room to the one you're in that you have never been to before, not that there is a door you haven't found in that room; you don't *technically* have to go through every door in every area, but the majority of secret rooms are one-entrance rooms so most of the time you would. but when you come across areas that are already connected to other rooms you've been to on the map, that's just because the game auto-completes any connections to rooms you've visited once you find a room for the first time, whether or not you've actually used those doors before
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

makes sense
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

just as a hint, because this lp might be pretty difficult: if you're climbing up the mountain, you should know you can swim up waterfalls by holding down space. looking forward to the new house!
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
warpio

Post by warpio »

You know what this reminds me of more than Escape Goat... Gameplay-wise this is a lot like the NES game Fire N' Ice (aka Solomon's Key 2). This game is seems bit more complex than that, but it still has that general idea where you can't jump and you can only climb up single tiles, and the puzzles are mostly based around pushing blocks around in the correct order.
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Now I'm curious as well, does this game have any sort of weird unmarked secrets/easter eggs?

Funny how you can spend half the episode just thinking about puzzle solutions and it's very entertaining to watch.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

raocow, pushing that block to the purple 'tombstone' thing would've have been impossible anyways. As I've observed, the boar can walk through, sit ontop, and drop through those blocks with an X through them, but you CANNOT push other blocks through them.
I don't remember, but did you talk to the boar by the bottom of that lift?

Since you learned about unmarked doors, it might be good to back track to that one area with the two gems, and the '?' you still didn't get. You thought you found a hidden door, but didn't use it.

Finally, I'll parrot what someone else said. You may find a labeled door that leads to an old area, but it doesn't mean you used that very door. It's not like Kirby & the Amazing Mirror. Hmm, maybe that would have been a better game design choice?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

Sebby19 wrote: 6 years ago Finally, I'll parrot what someone else said. You may find a labeled door that leads to an old area, but it doesn't mean you used that very door. It's not like Kirby & the Amazing Mirror. Hmm, maybe that would have been a better game design choice?
Honestly, with the fact that this game's designed around being able to solve basically every puzzle you come across immediately ( such as having a very straightforward vocabulary that's entirely unlocked very early on ), yeah having areas in room that you can only access from another seems a bit misguided.

I mean, if you can't get a certain thing in a room yet, it means the only alternative is another entrance to the room ... but then, you have to first realize that you can't get the object at the current time in a game where many objects require some pretty out-of-the-box thinking to get. The "you can get it later" when so much of the stuff seems like you need more to get it now but really all you need is to think about it from another angle.
Crow

Post by Crow »

raocow, you can also go forward again if you rewind too much, just for clarity. as long as you don't unfreeze time you can go all the way back to where you started rewinding from no problem, it's more like swapping between a few auto-generated checkpoints than anything. this will probably save a lot of hassle in the future :P

also there's literally nothing else in ascent, yeah. once you have no collectible icons under a room, it's 100% done, there's nothing else to find
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Oh man, my favorite part of a raocow puzzle lp. Having him basically solve a puzzle, not realize it, then start it over entirely.
Sebby19

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG

Post by Sebby19 »

In only he looked over to the first 3 block on the right.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica