(shouting)

Full Bore - Full CircleelcriC lluF - eroB lluF

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Arctangent »

i am mildly miffed that a recurring puzzle named stuff like "introspection" and "reflection" don't involve just waiting around until the piggy enters a zen idle state

More seriously, though, I don't really like how completely vague the results of those puzzles are. My gut reaction to that sort of thing is just like "uh okay, so I do I need to comb the entire map to find what this opened up or will this not open anything up until I get a certain amount of these or all of them or do I not need to worry about them as all as they're just % points for the best ending or" and it's just not instilling me with the greatest confidence.

It doesn't help that the Reflection one and the outside one both light up with a yellowish color after solving, and it's hard to tell if it's same yellow or if the outside one is a greener yellow and even then if it's that just a trick of the lighting engine / more colorful location. There's just simultaneously too little to work with and too much to theorize possibilities, argh. I would like at least something akin to a color coded shutter opening nearby to indicate that those kinds of things are now open or maybe some background object with a bunch of unlit lights that light up as you solve those puzzles or just something.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

congrats on solving the puzzle mr. cow

also yeah i am fully in favor of you going for 100% everything in this game since every bit of a completion is another puzzle, so
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I don't know if it was deliberate, but I got the exact same Cave Story vibe from Repose. My brain just went straight to Cave Story as soon as I saw it on the map. I figured it was probably a coincidence, but maybe it was intended as a shout-out since both games have intelligent animal/man-made species, remnants of former human occupants, and a theme of human intervention going too far.

Speedrun-type levels can be frustrating to learn, but they tend to look really cool when you finally put everything together for a successful run. The laserpig mechanic doesn't seem to be that significant in normal gameplay (at least not yet), so it was cool to see it come into play with the race.
Grounder

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Grounder »

doesnt look like expedient elevator is done to me
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Grounder wrote: 6 years ago doesnt look like expedient elevator is done to me
open your eyes
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Leet wrote: 6 years ago
Grounder wrote: 6 years ago doesnt look like expedient elevator is done to me
open your eyes
it's a warp

OOPS
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Crow

Post by Crow »

yeah good call saving that room for tomorrow imo
jasper_

Post by jasper_ »

Arctangent wrote: 6 years ago i am mildly miffed that a recurring puzzle named stuff like "introspection" and "reflection" don't involve just waiting around until the piggy enters a zen idle state

More seriously, though, I don't really like how completely vague the results of those puzzles are. My gut reaction to that sort of thing is just like "uh okay, so I do I need to comb the entire map to find what this opened up or will this not open anything up until I get a certain amount of these or all of them or do I not need to worry about them as all as they're just % points for the best ending or" and it's just not instilling me with the greatest confidence.

It doesn't help that the Reflection one and the outside one both light up with a yellowish color after solving, and it's hard to tell if it's same yellow or if the outside one is a greener yellow and even then if it's that just a trick of the lighting engine / more colorful location. There's just simultaneously too little to work with and too much to theorize possibilities, argh. I would like at least something akin to a color coded shutter opening nearby to indicate that those kinds of things are now open or maybe some background object with a bunch of unlit lights that light up as you solve those puzzles or just something.
I think they're meant as endgame backtracking puzzles. There's a room lategame which basically spells out what to do and how to beat them. raocow just brute forced his way to the solution early with good observation skills. Similarly, the grape puzzles tend to be a lot more challenging than the gem ones -- they're meant as a "I'm not smart enough to solve this one yet" puzzle.
Crow

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Crow »

IT'S THE DEEP DELVE DANCE!

(thanks for the screen scream episode btw)
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Honestly, those aren't puzzles, they're one puzzle, and some collectibles you just have to backtrack to get if you don't solve the puzzle early. I think that makes the fountains the only part of this game I dislike (from what I've seen in this LP). They're so mysterious and interesting when you first see them, but then they live up to that intrigue almost as poorly as possible (unless there's another twist to them we haven't seen yet).

But that's a minor complaint for a game that does so much so well. The open-world puzzling structure seems really satisfying, the puzzles for the most part seem snappy and clever, and the story and art are charming in a way that meshes great with the puzzles. I'm glad to have seen this.
Crow

Post by Crow »

Yeah they're definitely the least interesting part of the game
Leet

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Leet »

zap to the extreme
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Leet wrote: 6 years ago zap to the extreme
You don't have to tell me twice!

But during the stone age...
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Crow

Post by Crow »

(it's called ash run because you're supposed to laser pig through all the stone everywhere to do everything really fast & it looks really cool when you do i can't believe you did everything so awkward you dork)
Grounder

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Grounder »

PLAY OF THE GAME

raocow as ROADHOG!

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Crow

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Crow »

god, even though i already know the soundtrack is great i'm just impressed every time raocow gets to an area with a new song and i remember how great that song is
also man you're making progress through red land fast
Grounder

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Grounder »

oink oink welcome to creepypasta dig zone
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Crow

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Crow »

in the original full bore, the game was just workings and deep delve & everything after was added in the full release. (with a to be continued or something after you finished deep delve)

anyways what i'm trying to say is that the game gets harder in bhudevi for sure
Leet

Post by Leet »

oh wow this game just got many times more interesting (and it was already cool before!)
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Hmm, wasn't much of a buildup to the end of world 2.

For World 1, you explored around for a part of a drill, which you get by participating in a race. Once you deliver the part, you take part in successfully bringing the drill down into Deep Delve, rushing to make sure it doesn't explode, a great climax for World 1.
For World 2, you explore around... cause you're there? Not much sense of direction on what your goal is, otherwise. Sure, that last door looks important, but you're not told by the game that's where you need to go.
For World 3, you must go through an ancient ruin, to find you're way to Moleville.
I'm assuming Moleville is World 4.

It's a good thing rao 100% World 1 when he did, so he was able to meet all the NPCs before they disappeared (I wonder how this affects that race? I guess the prize is locked away until you get Suzie back). Hopefully, there weren't any NPCs in Deep Delve that he missed.
What is the 'green chamber' Frederick was found in? The checkpoints?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Crow

Post by Crow »

i don't think hildi disappears from the race area actually but i'm not sure
and with how explorative the game is in nature & how uninhabited the deep delve area is it's not surprising the game never really tells you where to go to finish the world but imo i prefer it that way since most players are naturally just gonna look around everywhere anyways
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Looks like raocow has ten days left to beat this game before the thread title becomes too long. Good luck!
Grounder

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Grounder »

coward
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Sebby19

Re: Full Bore - SOOIE! HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG

Post by Sebby19 »

So what I could piece together from the lore so far:

Human scientists were trying to develop something to improve human intelligence. Their test subjects were boars. The results were better than they expected, the boars IQ rose to be the human's equals. Some shenanigans may have happened afterward.
Some sort of cataclysmic event happened afterward (probably the result of some other experiments in the same human facility), likely to do with the Taps, and/or 'Dark Sun'.
While unsure what happened to the scientists, and humans in general, the boars rose up to become the dominant species, eventually only remembering us humans as 'whitecoats' and 'the tall ones'. And probably try to forget, for some of them.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Sebby19 wrote: 6 years agohumans as 'whitecoats' and 'the tall ones'.
Thinking about it, Cold is tall and wasn't he white as well?