(shouting)

Hyper VI - Oh Haimari... Maybe It's Best We Part

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
zagesaw

Re: Hyper VI - Grass Is Always Greener On The Other Side Of The Barrier [Citation Needed]

Post by zagesaw »

Well this is it. The next level is the level to end all levels. I'm already guessing that the combined edited playtime of the next level might be close to 2 hours if not more. I think it is reasonably doable if you give yourself a save state for each room but this level is on a whole another level compared to anything else leading up to it.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Hyper VI - Grass Is Always Greener On The Other Side Of The Barrier [Citation Needed]

Post by raocow »

wooh doggy 97 editing points, that doesn't happen often
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Zach808

Post by Zach808 »

I'm curious: Is there any human being out there who has beaten this game entirely tool-less?
zagesaw

Post by zagesaw »

Zach808 wrote: 6 years ago I'm curious: Is there any human being out there who has beaten this game entirely tool-less?
Yeah jeffw356 has completed every exit 100% completely toolfree. He's also the first confirmed person to complete Kaizo 3 without tools too. His vods should still be on his twitch channel. I think cozyduck has completed worlds 1-8 without tools too.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I liked how today he alluded to Marisa sounding like Bowser (although it's in more than one way)
cozyduck

Post by cozyduck »

zagesaw wrote: 6 years ago
Zach808 wrote: 6 years ago I'm curious: Is there any human being out there who has beaten this game entirely tool-less?
Yeah jeffw356 has completed every exit 100% completely toolfree. He's also the first confirmed person to complete Kaizo 3 without tools too. His vods should still be on his twitch channel. I think cozyduck has completed worlds 1-8 without tools too.
My runs are not nearly as pure as jeffs because I did use tools to practice a few levels, before completing them toolless. I did sometimes bring in items from outside as well. There's only so much bullshit I'm willing to put up with and Hyper 6 definitely crosses that line too often.

Didn't peteyboo also beat worlds 1-8 toolless? I think I remember him only giving up on that in the special world.
Veruchai
Theoretically invisible

Post by Veruchai »

Hyper VI episode 60: The Lights in the Sky are StarsCoins

I don't think I could say meaningful things about the difficulty from now on, so instead let me mention that I like the setting.
It reminds me of the space levels in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle; where the level design shrugs off the earthly normalcy.
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Super Maks 64 »

AMK 1.1.0 can freeze on
-Snes9x 1.55✓
-Hardware✓
-ZSNES✓
-BSNES (actually unconfirmed, but it's rather obvious what the result probably is)
What a great tool.

BTW, since yesterday you can download a freeze less version of this hack from the first post
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Man, that blind drop into a moving hole is a new low, even for this hack.

It might technically be learnable if the timing's consistent, but you'd have to watch your time when you enter that segment and then know at what time it's safe to drop.

I started to suspect savestates when we got the same death at the same weird jump several times in a row without any interruptions from jumping badly earlier in the segment. So I wasn't that surprised by the admission.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Blind drop into a moving hole aside, this honestly looked like an absolute blast. I'm glad you had fun with it.

(Though maybe that's just the effect of the Kirby's Adventure final boss music)
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Marcaek

Post by Marcaek »

i wanna say if nothing else this level would make for an awesome tas
cozyduck

Post by cozyduck »

For the record, I must've lost at least 30 attempts on that stupid balloon room (and that's after savestate practice of the level, mind you). It's not even that hard a room, but your nerves just get to you while maneuvering through those tight spike tunnels. That being said, the real dumb part is the beginning of the flying koopa room where koopas coming from off-screen sometimes just destroy you. Of course, any of these deaths means you gotta redo the super long and slow and boring water room. Oh joy!

In short: Fuck you Haimari.
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Super Maks 64 »

One random thing about Cup's translation: the World 9 level order in it is wrong, the first level mentioned isn't actually the first level that you'll play in it (its place is somewhat special), if you omit that level then all the other levels are in order though.

Also I'm ready for the insanely long video of the next brutal level tomorrow, I wonder why Haimari didn't even add a checkpoint to it though.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 6 years ago Also I'm ready for the insanely long video of the next brutal level tomorrow, I wonder why Haimari didn't even add a checkpoint to it though.
This is one of the scariest sentences I've heard in this context. I'm excited
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 6 years ago Also I'm ready for the insanely long video of the next brutal level tomorrow, I wonder why Haimari didn't even add a checkpoint to it though.
Because then it would be two extremely long levels to do without dying. Haimari wanted to be nice, and only required doing a single level.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

ngl every time you've been killed by an invisible block in this entire lp I've actually laughed out loud

There's just something so stupidly amusing about invisible block deaths in a hack like this
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by FourteenthOrder »

People have probably already offered translations, but, "If you take this goal, you can enter special world."
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

So does dying to Bowser Jr. count as dying at the end of a level? :?:
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: Hyper VI - Featuring Exciting Bonus Levels By Top SMW Producer Haimari

Post by Leet »

Haimari repents
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

I can't wait for this to end...
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

hyper vee strikes again

also, i kinda wanna see someone remake those stupid barrels in smw or smbx and try to make something actually good with them
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

Man, DKC hacking has gotten super advanced. This looks almost exactly like SMW!
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Also raocow why don't you show us the save states. I mean I'm not saying it's super important to see them, but if you're intentionally editing around them still, there's no real need to do that after that first video
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

On the contrary, I like the mystique and intrigue that we have in regard to not knowing where precisely the state is saved. It adds a nice unsettling air to the whole experience
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Zach808

Post by Zach808 »

Any SMW level that uses those DKC barrels is objectively bad. No exceptions.