(shouting)

Gifted Up raocow Party!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
xnamkcor

Re: Gifted Up raocow Party!

Post by xnamkcor »

What a horrible prank. They put a rebranded Nvidia Shield Tablet in a Nintendo Switch box.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

Wow, I can't believe Demo has moved to 3D! raocow getting a Switch is also pretty amazing. :)
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Super Maks 64 »

Somewhat relevant bump
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Calling an AirSoft an "evolution" of a Bowie knife, is like calling a Potato gun an evolution of a Stainless Steel Chef Knife.

Is there Singleplayer Magic?
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

there's mtgo
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Super Maks 64

Post by Super Maks 64 »

So, I'm not sure where else I could post commentary on this level, but I guess this is the best place, becasue it's a birthday gift.

The intro before the level is based on A2MT's intro and ending, the overworld is just the A2MT overworld and the level is in the same spot as further over there. The level name is actually a reference to QubicTom's A2MT lp.

The aesthetics are based on further over there and the first room has the same music as it and the chest references the unreachable goal tape at the beginning of the stage and the unreachable chest at the end of the first section (unreachable, as in you see them way before you can get to them).

The level's main idea comes from A2MT's Thwomp overuse and the fact that in many SMW hacks, you can't tell the difference between different versions of Thwomps.
The Thwomps with yellow arrows are Power Thwomps and the ones with red arrows are Mad Thwomps, but the blue ones are custom Thwomps based on THUMP's Thwomps.

The incredibly difficult Chest Challenge is based on a level from an obscure SMW hack that I forgot the name of (:P) and the Treasure is a reflective surface, because sending raocow mirrors or anything that's reflective is a meme in the Advent/Birthday videos.

The boss is a modified Homing Thwomp that changes its behaviour every 4 screens and is also faster; the "running away from it will anger it further" means that when you offscreen him he will charge at you at a very fast speed.
The music here is an updated version of the original lullaby.

Also here's a download to the level along with the non personal part of the readme that raocow received: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vh5aytt94qh9g ... t.rar?dl=0
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by FourteenthOrder »

That level was, like, amazing.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

I said it on YouTube but I'll say it here: that level was a masterclass in design, introducing concepts wordlessly (like the color-coded arrows and the behaviour of eye blocks), excellent variety of concepts, mix of sprite and block based hazards while remaining strongly themed, brilliant music choices, hilarious reference to Yump 38 without being cruel about it... and a brilliant use of the homing thwomp boss as an exam boss, covering all the thwomp variants and tile types, again with the most appropriate choice of music. I was raving about how good this level is to my friends who only tangentially know ASMT or raocow via me, it impressed me that much. If I have any criticism, and this is reaching, it's that it's almost too textbook in terms of "introduction, variation, repetition, additional element" for each section. Well bloody done - and all that for a birthday present!
Veruchai
Theoretically invisible

Post by Veruchai »

Didn't feel like posting in the other thread, but this feels more appropriate yeah. I don't have much to say other than that I agree with bob. Missed the reflective joke reference the first time but that's extra funny. Well done, Super Maks 64. You can be proud of your very cool gift.
Super Maks 64

Post by Super Maks 64 »

I wonder if we can still use this thread for gift discussions until the next advent?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I don't see why not
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »