(shouting)

Ori and the Blind Forest - Death and Rebirth

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: Ori and the Blind Forest - Clarity and Mist

Post by Alice »

Ditocoaf wrote: 6 years agoraocow mentioned the "world events" on the progress menu, and suddenly I'm having trouble thinking of what the two world events he's triggered are. One is turning the water tree back on, clearly. What's the other one?
For some odd reason both the item necessary for opening a dungeon as well as what happens when you finish the dungeon are both considered world events.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Ditocoaf wrote: 6 years ago raocow mentioned the "world events" on the progress menu, and suddenly I'm having trouble thinking of what the two world events he's triggered are. One is turning the water tree back on, clearly. What's the other one?
World events are:
  • Recover the Water Vein
  • Restore the Element of Waters
  • Recover the Gumon Seal
  • Restore the Element of Winds

• Recover the Sunstone

• Restore the Element of Warmth

SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

From what I recall of LRR's playthrough of this, there's not much left, right?

EDIT: per patapon spotzone, about 6-70% done, half a dozen episodes left.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
kitikami

Re: Ori and the Blind Forest - Twists and Turns

Post by kitikami »

I appreciate the unedited footage of Ori traversing the terrain. It's easy to lose sense of where anything is during exploration videos when the video always cuts to the new action (though raocow looking at the map a lot helps), and getting to see Ori go from one place to another on foot helps re-establish a proper sense of the world. It's also nice to be able to just appreciate the setting uninterrupted for a bit without having to follow the gameplay, like what raocow was talking about in the video.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Re: Ori and the Blind Forest - Delight and Fury

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Why must you taunt a grieving mother, raocow

rudecow
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

look she got to have her revenge a few times, it evens out
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Alice

Post by Alice »

raocow wrote: 6 years agolook she got to have her revenge a few times, it evens out
I think it more than evens out honestly. She kinda seems to be responsible for most of the creatures in the forest dying.

I'm kinda really curious why the light killed her chicks in the first place though.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Alice wrote: 6 years agoI'm kinda really curious why the light killed her chicks in the first place though.
She's a creature of darkness, not unlike Naru. Which is why, if you'll recall from the intro, Naru fled into her den when the light first appeared. Obviously, Kuro's chicks were too small and weak to survive the light.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Alice

Post by Alice »

YelseyKing wrote: 6 years ago
She's a creature of darkness, not unlike Naru. Which is why, if you'll recall from the intro, Naru fled into her den when the light first appeared. Obviously, Kuro's chicks were too small and weak to survive the light.
That seems like a really awful evolutionary trait when you live on a planet that orbits a freaking star...
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Re: Ori and the Blind Forest - Flow and Blockage

Post by YelseyKing »

Mt. Horu is indeed the final dungeon, so yes, you'd be wise to pick up everything before heading in there. It's not a point of no return (you *can* leave), but you may as well grab everything so you don't *have* to backtrack out. :P
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Alice

Re: Ori and the Blind Forest - Flow and Blockage

Post by Alice »

raocow, why in the world would you not save when you got that last door glyph? You also missed a blatantly obvious secret that you somehow missed even after going to the map while you were right under it clearly showing the icon on the map right next to you.
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Ori and the Blind Forest - Body and Soul

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

From what I've heard, The big blue orbs give a bunch of exp, health refills, and energy refills. Other than that, they give nothing.

They don't count for any achievement or percentage, even though the game does remember which ones you've destroyed and they never come back.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Alice

Post by Alice »

MonkeyShrapnel wrote: 6 years agoFrom what I've heard, The big blue orbs give a bunch of exp, health refills, and energy refills. Other than that, they give nothing.

They don't count for any achievement or percentage, even though the game does remember which ones you've destroyed and they never come back.
Good thing they don't count since raocow blatantly missed one right before warping to grab that last ability orb. While he was talking about having been thorough too, lol.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

I have tiny hands, but I find using my middle fingers to push the trigger buttons uncomfortable.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
warpio

Re: Ori and the Blind Forest - Friends and Foes

Post by warpio »

This last dungeon is my favorite part of the game. Most of the time in these Metroidvanias, if you go for 100% then you get so insanely powerful at the end that nothing is a threat anymore and it becomes kinda boring. Not the case in this game. They did a really good job of ramping up the difficulty and justifying all of your crazy movement abilities.
Grounder

Re: Ori and the Blind Forest - Death and Rebirth

Post by Grounder »

Josh Bliggenstorfer.

groovy

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Huh, I thought for sure the big World Tree in the middle would be the big and final 4th dungeon. Or at least the location of the Final Boss fight.

My only thoughts for a possible sequel would be either a new evil threatens the land, or something causes Ori to venture out further beyond.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
ACesspoolofHatred
What vision is this? What happens to the world?!

Post by ACesspoolofHatred »

Sebby19 wrote: 6 years ago My only thoughts for a possible sequel would be either a new evil threatens the land, or something causes Ori to venture out further beyond.
Probably gonna be something like this, judging by the description on the E3 Teaser.

I have no social media presence, my only purpose here is to dismay and terrify you all, and I hope to continue to do so - Me, on one of Duvi0's Drawful streams
Y'know, Cesspool, that is, like, honestly... That was what I expected from you, and y'know what? That's my favorite thing that anyone does, specifically. Cesspool I adore you. - Duvi0 that same stream
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I'm pretty sure raocow already played the sequel. You play as Kuro's offspring in that one.
Kshaard
Dodo/
First name: mac5565
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Kshaard »

Canon.
This is someone's signature.

"I don't like that universe I just created by accident . . ."