(shouting)

Ori and the Blind Forest - Death and Rebirth

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Mea

Re: Ori and the Blind Forest - Ascending and Descending

Post by Mea »

Sebby19 wrote: 6 years ago I'm glad you liked that section. It's generally agreed the Ginso Tree is the best segment of the game.

A smart fellow named Mark Brown made a video explaining exactly WHY this segment is as good as it is.

You should probably mark the video as a spoiler, it shows all the future mechanics and some clips from future dungeons as well.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: Ori and the Blind Forest - Ascending and Descending

Post by Alice »

Grounder wrote: 6 years agonot sure that peaking 1/3 of the way through the game is a good thing, personally
I seem to be in the minority but I don't agree with people saying about the Ginso Tree is the best part of the game. The first part of it was pretty good, sure. The autoscroll section was shit though. You can't use your savestate ability there when the game has been making it a point to force you into using it often. On top of that it's one of those utterly retarded autoscroll sections where if you go too fast then the hazard speeds up to catch up to you punishing you for doing too well. 90% of my deaths in that section were because I did really well up to the long vertical corridor with the two cannons shooting down either side. Up until my final run though I just never got there with proper timing to make use of them so I'd struggle to get up it only for the water to catch up to me almost immediately since it sped up to keep immediately behind me.

I'm only up to the entrance of the next dungeon myself but I thought the section up to there was pretty interesting. Definitely no worse than the Ginso Tree.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Re: Ori and the Blind Forest - Relaxation and Stress

Post by YelseyKing »

Did... did raocow just make a Nopor Puss reference? :P (When he said "No purpose", his emphasis on syllables sure made it sound like "Nopor Puss".

Also... you know, raocow... if you've taken a lot of damage and haven't accomplished anything since your last save... you could always just intentionally die and let yourself respawn with full (or at least *more*) health, rather than trying to restore it bit by bit via soul links. When we recommended that you save often, we also meant *intelligently*. :P
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

healing by death just feels so bad though
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Yet you're ok with killing yourself to refresh your lives :P
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
ACesspoolofHatred
What vision is this? What happens to the world?!

Post by ACesspoolofHatred »

SAJewers wrote: 6 years ago Yet you're ok with killing yourself to refresh your lives :P
which is extra silly because it's super easy to respawn enemies by just going a little bit off-screen
I have no social media presence, my only purpose here is to dismay and terrify you all, and I hope to continue to do so - Me, on one of Duvi0's Drawful streams
Y'know, Cesspool, that is, like, honestly... That was what I expected from you, and y'know what? That's my favorite thing that anyone does, specifically. Cesspool I adore you. - Duvi0 that same stream
Alice

Post by Alice »

raocow, you seem to have forgotten to check out those spongy looking fallen trees after getting your stomp ability. You passed over one that you'd noted last video and then at least one other after exiting that area.

Also the reason that enemy kept diving back underground is because it's activated by proximity. If you're out of range, either too close or too far away, then it dives back underground. I don't think it's possible to get that enemy to fire off a projectile unless you're down in that lower section.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Alice wrote: 6 years ago Also the reason that enemy kept diving back underground is because it's activated by proximity.
raocow always has problems with enemies with behavioural triggers like this. Who remembers Tewi...?
Alice

Post by Alice »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 6 years agoraocow always has problems with enemies with behavioural triggers like this. Who remembers Tewi...?
Oh god, that was one of the worst, lol. I wonder if he'll have an issue with these platforms coming up in the section on the way to the second dungeon. (

The ones that are triggered by jumping. I got like halfway through it before finally pinpointing that it was jumps that triggered them. For awhile I was thinking it had something to do with directions.

)
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

I was hoping he would bash a fish out of the water.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Stink Terios

Re: Ori and the Blind Forest - Revealing and Concealing

Post by Stink Terios »

Dash was a welcome addition the Definitive edition brought.
The next upgrade is even more welcome, and allows some crazy stuff.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Ori and the Blind Forest - Determination and Aimlessness

Post by raocow »

ori is the game that rewards you with sadness :(
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

raocow wrote: 6 years ago ori is the game that rewards you with sadness :(
If nothing else, Earthworm Jim 1 & 2 will be less depressing.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Sebby19

Re: Ori and the Blind Forest - Joy and Sorrow

Post by Sebby19 »

I'm not sure if you portrayed it on camera, but I think you can adjust you 'strong' the throw is, besides just aiming.

I like this new Yoshi Egg throw.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Grounder wrote: 6 years ago If nothing else, Earthworm Jim 1 & 2 will be less depressing.
Less depressing, but 1000% more disgusting.

Moists:

warpio

Post by warpio »

I'm liking the bash move a lot. I just realized how useful it is to deflect the enemy projectiles back at them as a means of getting rid of them, instead of trying to engage in close combat and platforming while at the same time dancing around their projectiles.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Sebby19 wrote: 6 years agoI'm not sure if you portrayed it on camera, but I think you can adjust you 'strong' the throw is, besides just aiming.

I like this new Yoshi Egg throw.
He hasn't actually acknowledged it on camera at least but he has shown it off at least once or twice. Actually kinda makes me question if he's even realized it himself yet.
warpio

Post by warpio »

In my playthrough that I'm doing, I ended up going to the 2nd elemental thingy before going to this optional Black Root Burrows area, so it took me a while to catch up to where raocow currently is.

I found these light throw puzzles a lot easier than raocow made it look... although I guess part of it is because I had the triple jump unlocked by the time I got here, so that made it easier to kill those high up ceiling enemies and stuff... Also, yeah if you use the analog stick, it becomes a lot more obvious that you can adjust the strength of the light throw, that probably also helped a lot to make it more obvious what you're supposed to do.

I was expecting that dark area to be a lot harder than it was, but it turns out this whole area (the dark section, and the light throw section) was like a major dip in difficulty compared to the previous area I was at (which raocow hasn't been to yet). I didn't know that this area was beatable right after the Ginso Tree, otherwise I would've done it first. This part actually felt a little TOO on the easy side to me, even though I'm playing on hard mode lol.
Sebby19

Re: Ori and the Blind Forest - Cabbage and Crystal

Post by Sebby19 »

Did I see raocow deflect a bullet with the stomp move?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
kitikami

Re: Ori and the Blind Forest - Leaf and Feather

Post by kitikami »

I didn't really think about it until raocow got to the Valley of the Wind, but this game does have kind of a Studio Ghibli vibe. I guess that makes sense if they named one of the areas after a Miyazaki film (unless the name is just a coincidence).
Grounder

Re: Ori and the Blind Forest - Leaf and Feather

Post by Grounder »

raocow wrote:Go away, Grounder.

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Grounder

Re: Ori and the Blind Forest - Intent and Distraction

Post by Grounder »

well that skill was arbitrary
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
YelseyKing

Re: Ori and the Blind Forest - Clarity and Mist

Post by YelseyKing »

Couple things...

First, the ability to re-enter the "scrambled" Misty Woods is something that was added for the Definitive Edition. I believe you just go back to the place where you lit the lantern and remove the torch or whatever that was.

Second... I've noticed you use that charge blast a lot to try and destroy things. But you're essentially just wasting energy doing so, as only cracked walls with a blue tint can be destroyed by them. Not that I expect this'll stop you from using it everywhere, since it looks like it's just become force of habit, but nevertheless. :P

Moists:

Alice

Post by Alice »

YelseyKing wrote: 6 years agoSecond... I've noticed you use that charge blast a lot to try and destroy things. But you're essentially just wasting energy doing so, as only cracked walls with a blue tint can be destroyed by them. Not that I expect this'll stop you from using it everywhere, since it looks like it's just become force of habit, but nevertheless. :P
This is exactly why I haven't said anything, lol. Same with his habit of not even attempting to dodge enemy projectiles and trying to ignore enemies attacking him because he's too focused on what he's trying to do even though they keep interrupting his attempts.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

raocow mentioned the "world events" on the progress menu, and suddenly I'm having trouble thinking of what the two world events he's triggered are. One is turning the water tree back on, clearly. What's the other one?