(shouting)

SMB4 SMW TSRP2R Zycloboo's Challenge v2.2 - Final Action

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: SMB4 SMW TSRP2R Zycloboo's Challenge v2.2 - All Stars Performance Edition Valley

Post by raocow »

it's more accurate to say that I 'thought' it was, but things are sticking out more and more
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Bean
Yep.

Re: SMB4 SMW TSRP2R Zycloboo's Challenge v2.2 - All Stars Performance Edition Valley

Post by Bean »

Maybe it's one of those "It was good back in the day but is starting to show its age" deals now.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

That little aside about lava and acid has me wondering what the pH value of lava is.

Maybe it's technically acid! But I guess it would be hard to tell because the litmus paper would burn up before it could change color.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Dragon Fogel wrote: 6 years agoThat little aside about lava and acid has me wondering what the pH value of lava is.

Maybe it's technically acid! But I guess it would be hard to tell because the litmus paper would burn up before it could change color.
I'm by no means an expert on the subject so I could very well be wrong but from what I know it would most likely be right around the same acidity as the base rock. It has a higher chance of being more basic than acidic though because the elements in rocks that would convert to gases are more of a slightly acidic nature, to my knowledge.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

A pH value is rather meaningless if you don't have an aqueous solution, because it's a value derived from the concentration of protons (oxonium ions if you really wanna be anal about it) in said solution. I guess you could argue lava is a liquid, too, but classic pH measurements would not give you anything (but molten electrodes).

If you would "dissolve" some lava in water and then measure, it could well be that it is slightly basic as Alice said. Many rocks - like chalk - are carbonates, and those give you a basic solution. I think there is some confusion in Alice's post about this, because the carbonate ion is formed from carbonic acid, but it itself is a weak base. And indeed, upon exposure to acids (from the outside), it would form carbonic acid, which is unstable, and breaks down into water...and carbon dioxide.
blue_kirby
Wrong lever!!!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by blue_kirby »

"Flaming Fears" was such an annoying level for me to deal with as well.
"That's embarrassing"
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

For the wind section with the pick-up blocks, could you have just not tossed the block away every time as soon as you picked it up? You kept having issues where you had to do a walking jump and then press+hold Y midair, but I don't think you'd have this issue if you just kept holding the block. It's not like you were spinjumping or anything.
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker

Re: SMB4 SMW TSRP2R Zycloboo's Challenge v2.2 - Second Reality Base Project 2

Post by Super Maks 64 »

A note about Venom Valley's music: there is a beta version of the Venom Valley's map music in the soundtrack (at least in the SPC version) and I think that the beta version sounds better.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

How many worlds are left?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker

Post by Super Maks 64 »

Grounder wrote: 6 years ago How many worlds are left?
Second Reality Base
Postgame World
Post-Postgame World
2 bonus levels that are their own things
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 6 years ago
Grounder wrote: 6 years ago How many worlds are left?
Second Reality Base
Postgame World
Post-Postgame World
2 bonus levels that are their own things
oh boy
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Always forget how much this one likes its single block jumps until I click on the videos.
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

Man, I love the music from the outdoor areas of Gravity Control a lot.

Also, I searched for a way to reach that secret exit for ages, and raocow stumbles upon it in like, two seconds.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

raocow, as someone who's a decidedly inferior Mariosman compared to you, I've got to say I've never found Thirlox's Stronghold to be a particularly difficult level (aside from finding the secret exit, which raocow located effortlessly and by accident). Indeed, I'm pretty sure only a total dork could ever possibly have trouble with anything Thirlox throws at them. Though with the recasting, the preponderance of invisible coin black bridges in the first half make thematic sense--this is about the level of originality we should expect in the T-man's traps. Maybe put some blinking Christmas lights on them, turn on the smoke machine and claim they're spoooooky magical coin blocks.

Also, I've honestly never had the slightest difficulty telling the blue and silver switches apart, and in contrast to some of the other graphical confusions, I really have trouble seeing where raocow is coming from here. Especially since the silver switch has the characteristic pink rim to further distinguish it from the blue. And is, you know, silver as opposed blue in color. You cray, raocow.
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

I mean when the silver and the blue switches are side by side, it's very obvious. But the silver switch on it's own really looks more like faded blue to me
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote: 6 years agoraocow, as someone who's a decidedly inferior Mariosman compared to you, I've got to say I've never found Thirlox's Stronghold to be a particularly difficult level (aside from finding the secret exit, which raocow located effortlessly and by accident). Indeed, I'm pretty sure only a total dork could ever possibly have trouble with anything Thirlox throws at them. Though with the recasting, the preponderance of invisible coin black bridges in the first half make thematic sense--this is about the level of originality we should expect in the T-man's traps. Maybe put some blinking Christmas lights on them, turn on the smoke machine and claim they're spoooooky magical coin blocks.
To me it just seemed like raocow was having a hilariously off day for Mario. There were plenty of difficult things in the level but raocow didn't really seem to struggle with those much. Instead it was always stuff like repeatedly falling for invisible coinblocks even when it should be obvious they were there or bungling a jump.
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

I feel like that's how I die in TSRP2R in general. The difficulties don't really come from any individual obstacle, but from holding your focus and not making any dumb mistakes or misreading anything. Most of my deaths have just been "I die in a random stupid way" as well. In fact, the obvious difficult things aren't even that hard because they immediately snap your focus to them.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

There's some really terrible tileset choices in this game. It's a fairly frequent occurrence where I'm watching and think "I would have died there walking off that ledge because that decoration looks solid"
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Really enjoyed yet another 4 minute long cutscene at the end there
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

So remember how there was just one switch palace message saying how Zycloboo got infinite power?

I miss that.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
raocow

Post by raocow »

oh INfinite power
blue_kirby
Wrong lever!!!

Post by blue_kirby »

From my experience, I played the game slightly differently.

If you don't beat the Cat Kingdom before going through Giant Zycloboo (or just take the normal pathway), you're treated to a completely different boss fight and a "bad ending". If you beat the Cat Kingdom before Giant Zycloboo, you get access to the "Flying Yoshi" sequence.
Oh and a line Mega Munch says later on is a hint on how to access the postgame

"That's embarrassing"
raocow

Post by raocow »

man, changing controller is taking some major re-adapting
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

raocow wrote: 6 years ago man, changing controller is taking some major re-adapting
is this that fancy xbox one controller again or had that one died as well?
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)