Page 32 of 41

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 19 Jan 2019, 16:52
by ano0maly
or check your post after typing

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 19 Jan 2019, 18:39
by Ditocoaf
(I actually mistyped the second one on purpose because it's just an example and I figured people wouldn't click on it after the first one just said "blah blah blah".

I make plenty of typos, but I also reread and edit my posts compulsively.)

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 10 Feb 2019, 04:50
by Sebby19
I wonder what's bumping La-Mulana.

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 10 Feb 2019, 04:53
by Grounder
Sebby19 wrote: I wonder what's bumping La-Mulana.
Whatever was raocow's friend's or friend's suggestion if I had to guess.

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 10 Feb 2019, 05:25
by Cyril
man i was excited for la la la cucaracha

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 10 Feb 2019, 15:40
by SAJewers
It was discussed in the patapon spotzone, and i think most agreed the lp should be split up in some sort of fashion (like how raocow said after RKF he'd return later and play the other character rather than do it back to back).

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 10 Feb 2019, 22:35
by Grounder
Sebby19 wrote: I wonder what's bumping La-Mulana.
Turns out it's Copy Kitty again.

Personal pass.

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 10 Feb 2019, 22:38
by Cyril
yeah i had my fill of this game 7 years ago personally but w/e i know raowow likes it
hopefully it'll be a short one? :/

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 10 Feb 2019, 22:50
by Plutia
the game's significantly better than before, for the record. it's probably gonna be long.

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 10 Feb 2019, 22:52
by ano0maly
Hang on. Is he boosting up the final release or is he playing another custom level pack?

Because he really should not be boosting up the final release. Like really, there's no reason for an arbitrary boost all of a sudden.

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 10 Feb 2019, 22:54
by Plutia
he's not doing the whole thing right now, he's doing hard mode at the original intended time (which I disagree with, I think he should do both boki normal and hard now and savant normal and hard at that time)

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 10 Feb 2019, 23:04
by ano0maly
That's still "the game" though.

Like if it was someone's level pack again I would understand that someone would request him to insert a short playthrough for it, but I don't see why the actual game needs a boost.

Like I feel it's too late to voice this now since the LP has already started. But I think this is setting a bad precedent if a game is boosted solely due to request, since it won't stop other games from getting the same kind requests.

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 10 Feb 2019, 23:05
by raocow
that's too much video for something I'm boosting in front when there's a lot of games different people are waiting for.

Also it's not just 'a request'. It's complicated, and I won't get into it.

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 10 Feb 2019, 23:08
by SAJewers
ano0maly wrote: Hang on. Is he boosting up the final release or is he playing another custom level pack?

Because he really should not be boosting up the final release. Like really, there's no reason for an arbitrary boost all of a sudden.
There are reasons for this that have been talked about in the patapon spotzone, and i think most (if not all) agreed. Also, a few of us have been saying the LP should be split up into multiple gothroughs rather than all in one (like what he said in RKF, where he promised to play as the other character, but didn't want to do it right afterwards) anyway.

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 10 Feb 2019, 23:13
by Raibys
Gosh I can hardly contain my excitement, this hit me out of nowhere!

There's a lot of really cool stuff in store for you and anyone else who hasn't played this version...CK came a long long way in the 7 years we worked on it, and the fact that you liked it so much even in its rougher forms has always been super flattering. Now the game's finally finished and we're soooo excited to see you play it in its finalized form! >//w//<;

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 10 Feb 2019, 23:47
by AuraLancer
Now that it's finished and (presumably) Youtube can handle the backgrounds without giving me a headache, I'm down to watch this time.

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 11 Feb 2019, 07:40
by LatexHydra
O god, the DKC lp is steadily approaching... The most hyped let's play for me is finally coming :demo:

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 11 Feb 2019, 07:49
by Leet
You guys should really trust raocow's decisions more rather than policing what precedents his actions set based on no information about the actual circumstances. I get the value of criticism but it's not yalls LPs, he can make his own decisions.

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 11 Feb 2019, 10:52
by Mata Hari
not sure why anyone would complain, it's already the final video

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 16 Mar 2019, 12:24
by Petzi
LatexHydra wrote: O god, the DKC lp is steadily approaching... The most hyped let's play for me is finally coming :demo:
Boy, you said it! We'll still have to wait for DK64, though.

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 16 Mar 2019, 13:32
by Kilgamayan
I have a large sense of existential dread that raoguy will make sufficiently many mistakes playing through DKC1, including messing up

the lone attempt the player gets at 101%

, and people will turn on it and saying that it was never a good game and we just remember it fondly because of nostalgia goggles or some such.

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 16 Mar 2019, 13:53
by Paragraph
DKC1 isn't that good.

DKC2 on the other hand...

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 16 Mar 2019, 14:12
by KobaBeach
Kilgamayan wrote: people will turn on it and saying that it was never a good game and we just remember it fondly because of nostalgia goggles or some such.
This is exactly what people do with Sonic 1-3&K and Adventure and it pisses me off every time. Sonic 1-3&K are meant to be arcade-like experiences meant to be replayed over and over again, improving your skills bit by bit each time. You're not meant to fly through the stages instantly like with SMB3 or SMW. Sonic 3&K was the one closest to a traditional console game with its longer, more complex stages and focus on plot.

Adventure in the meanwhile is a highly ambitious game made in the middle of the 5th generation, intended to showcase the power of the Dreamcast hardware and be a tease of the 6th generation to come, and lastly, had a series of development reboots due to consoles and dev time. And it was a launch title, at that.

You're not gonna walk up to Romancing SaGa on the SNES and lambast it for not being as good as Final Fantasy IV when it's trying to be a far more ambitious, far more complex, far less traditional game with the development time of your average 4th gen title. There are simply too many variables.

The PS2/GC/XBOX games, 06 and the night stages in Unleashed still suck big dong, but I digress.

DKC1 is pretty "eh" but it's not a bad game at all, it is an excellent showpiece of the SNES' graphical and audio power and an excellent showcase of Rare's steadily growing (at the time) level design skills. DKC2 and DKC3 are the Big Boys though, even with DKC3's carol-esque qualities and Kiddy Kong dragging it down slightly.

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 16 Mar 2019, 14:21
by Kilgamayan
Hey, y'all were supposed to wait until the LP actually started before dunking DKC1 into the garbage can :V

I was honestly thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to continuing that post with "and then the cycle will repeat with DKC2" but I figured it would be better to wait until DKC1 was over, at least. Do be prepared for people to shit on that game too, though.

Hot take: I only ever played DKC2 once and was thoroughly unimpressed. It was my least favorite of the three. I honestly don't even remember if I beat it.


Re: COMING UP NEXT

Posted: 16 Mar 2019, 14:41
by KobaBeach
Kilgamayan wrote: Hey, y'all were supposed to wait until the LP actually started before dunking DKC1 into the garbage can :V

I was honestly thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to continuing that post with "and then the cycle will repeat with DKC2" but I figured it would be better to wait until DKC1 was over, at least. Do be prepared for people to shit on that game too, though.
I feel like treating a game as though it's a blight on this earth or attacking its creator(s) for daring to make a game that's not very good is rather childish and embarrassing. You can just say "wow i dont like this game" without outright dunking on a game. I hope the raocow fandom is above that, at least the non-reactionary, talkhaus portion.

Kilgamayan wrote:

Hot take: I only ever played DKC2 once and was thoroughly unimpressed. It was my least favorite of the three. I honestly don't even remember if I beat it.

binch thats valid