(shouting)

COMING UP NEXT now w/ BUCKET.TXT

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Post by ano0maly »

Ok

And I guess DK64 emulation is good to go?
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Someone in the spotzone was able to play it through with no real problems.

Apparently they did find less lag/slowdown in certain spots compared to what they remembered on real hardware, making

Krazy Kong Klamour

more difficult for them to do. Having said that, apparently the WiiU version had similar issues.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Re: how things will work post A-side

If I understand it right, here's an analogy that might help: previously we had a grocery store with three checkout lanes, each with their own register. Two of those lanes are express lanes while the last one is labeled "All the Items" in a desperate attempt to reframe it as a dedicated lane for compulsive overshoppers because David Megumin and Sonny Hedgewick keep trying to take more than 15 items through the other two lanes.

The store manager eventually decides things could be more efficient so the first two lanes get combined into one; now we have a single express line with two registers at the end, and the cashiers just going "hey, I'll take the next person" as their spots open up. Meanwhile in the All the Items lane, the contents of Sonny's cart have somehow become sentient and combined into a single grocery monster so Sonny teams up with his coupon-mongering tagalong friends, some random store staff, the product scanner machine and a crocodile to destroy it.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I mean I understand how it works, it was just odd to me to keep calling it B-side and not make it a new unified lane.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

I think that list will just stop being named "b-side" once the last "a-side" game ends. No need to start a third list to be the unified one, since it's hard to guess exactly how far into the b-side list we'll get during the last few a-side games.
Last edited by Ditocoaf 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Rixithechao

Post by Rixithechao »

Ah. Sorry, I must've misread.

Honestly, I figured the "_-side" phrasing is just being kept while it's still in effect and will be retired in favor of slots or some other terminology once the ASMT replay LP is ove- yeah what ditocoaf said

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

Ditocoaf wrote: 3 years ago I think that list will just stop being named "b-side" once the last "a-side" game ends. No need to start a third list to be the unified one, since it's hard to guess exactly how far into the b-side list we'll get during the last few a-side games.
And to further that, I suspect what raocow will do is make it a first-come-first-serve situation in that the game's time slot will be dependent on which current game gets finished first, i.e. if the morning game is finished, the next game gets slotted into the morning, and vice versa.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

thatguyif wrote: 3 years ago
Ditocoaf wrote: 3 years ago I think that list will just stop being named "b-side" once the last "a-side" game ends. No need to start a third list to be the unified one, since it's hard to guess exactly how far into the b-side list we'll get during the last few a-side games.
And to further that, I suspect what raocow will do is make it a first-come-first-serve situation in that the game's time slot will be dependent on which current game gets finished first, i.e. if the morning game is finished, the next game gets slotted into the morning, and vice versa.
At first there was talk of having one of the timeslots be patreon vote-exclusive and the other being royale-exclusive, then after i think discussion in the spotzone raocow decided to make it so that when a game is finished in either timeslot the next game in the list comes up, regardless of what it is, how it was chosen, etc.
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Where did that proposed contest weekends slot into all of this? Was that only after the A-side runs out?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

yeah, it would have been after the a side is completely done, but honestly the more time has past, the more I don't think it would be a good idea, and the more I think I should treat contests like I always have.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
FPzero

Post by FPzero »

I think I can see why you'd be hesitant about it. Are you worried that it'll extend contests too long beyond their "relevancy" period? Or that splitting them into a "weekends only" thing means that people are going to be as interested in watching? I'll admit I was a bit concerned by the idea myself when I heard your proposal for both of the reasons I just mentioned.

The tough part is that there are probably a lot of good contests you'd be interested in playing, but that there's only so many videos you can record per day without making a semi-permanent "Contest D-Side" like you did briefly with vldcx.
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

that it'll extend contests too long beyond their "relevancy" period?
Aren't they already long gone beyond relevancy by the time he starts most of the time?
fart.
FPzero

Post by FPzero »

Sometimes, though not always. By virtue of only playing after results come out I suppose one could say a contest isn't "relevant" any longer since it's completely over, but I think that there's still some relevancy to them when it's not too long since those results came out. It comes down to scheduling and if he wants to insert a project into the middle of the Coming Up Next list.

Personally I'd still love to see CLDC 2020 or 24hoSMW#12 played because both were excellent contests from this past year. VLDC12 is also coming soon but that's a lot of contest backlog to play in succession! Plus vldc12 turned out as big as CLDC and 24ho combined, and was also pretty challenging to boot.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

SAJewers wrote: 3 years ago Zwei was the Royale pick over

999 and Jazzpunk

poggers

wish i had actual income or a freelance furry artist job so i could vote popful mail
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
Pronouns: she/her
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Post by HatKid »

Ok looking forward to Zwei!!
But I gotta play it myself too...
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

FPzero wrote: 3 years ago I think I can see why you'd be hesitant about it. Are you worried that it'll extend contests too long beyond their "relevancy" period? Or that splitting them into a "weekends only" thing means that people are going to be as interested in watching?
I think what you were trying to say with the latter sentence is that splitting the videos would split the audience, which I think is partly true. But I also think his hesitance also comes from whether this is "necessary." Part of the reason I suspect he proposed this idea in the first place was out of a fear that the audience would leave because Mario-based LPs weren't at the forefront or even appearing on a regular basis. (I could be wrong)

I'll be honest though: I'd be fine, even happy, if we went several months without an LP involving SMW/SM64 or SMBX or the Mario IP (i.e. fan projects). And I feel like it's okay for raocow to break out of being a go-to for SMW romhacks and what-have-you.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by FourteenthOrder »

SAJewers wrote: 3 years ago Someone in the spotzone was able to play it through with no real problems.

Apparently they did find less lag/slowdown in certain spots compared to what they remembered on real hardware, making

Krazy Kong Klamour

more difficult for them to do. Having said that, apparently the WiiU version had similar issues.
That was me, I'm here too just with a different username. :P

But yeah, that.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I hope we get Returns games later
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

racowp plesae pla ydonkey konk 94
Image Image
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

sonic spinball never ends
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

For Reference/Those who care, Yoku's Island Express was the Royale pick over Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, and Ghost Trick. In the patreon vote, Star Fox 64 beat Blasphemous by 10 votes, and Celeste: Farewell by 19.
WinterSweater
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by WinterSweater »

2 short games won
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

it's gonna be a Short Game Summer
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

if maglx3 is next please let magmml or evil zone finish quickly so i can watch zwei!! 1 before the heat death of the universe, i dont even care about spoilers for my eventual playthrough, raocow playing an obscure rpg is just a once in a lifetime thing
Image Image
Rixithechao

Post by Rixithechao »

You won’t have to wait long. aiui Evil Zone is going to end this week with MaGMML likely wrapping up soon after.