(shouting)

COMING UP NEXT now w/ BUCKET.TXT

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
churine
Pronouns: she/her

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Post by churine »

No Wario Land Shake It after the Virtual Warios...? Is it because like, emulation/recording reasons because of it being a Wii game, or is this just too much Wario?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

the former, a little bit of latter but mostly former
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Now this is a list that perks up my interest.

Isn't Superstar Saga a Mario game? You're going to have two Mario games concurrently if that game is in B-side instead of A-side.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

ano0maly wrote: 6 years ago Now this is a list that perks up my interest.

Isn't Superstar Saga a Mario game? You're going to have two Mario games concurrently if that game is in B-side instead of A-side.
it happened with star road

its just going to be happening a lot longer with mario & luigi
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Just use a cam recorder pointed at the TV.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Grounder wrote: 6 years ago it happened with star road

Yeah, but that was more of an exception to the rule, because he intended to take a break from Star Road in order to start MAGL3, and he was just wrapping up Mischief Makers for B-side so it gave him an opportunity to continue Star Road.

I do think Superstar Saga will set a precedent and teach some lessons on how to approach future games with things like leveling and grinding. Even if the main RPG system in this game might be somewhat of a slog, other stuff like mini-challenges and references are quite fun.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

ano0maly wrote: 6 years ago
Grounder wrote: 6 years ago it happened with star road

Yeah, but that was more of an exception to the rule, because he intended to take a break from Star Road in order to start MAGL3, and he was just wrapping up Mischief Makers for B-side so it gave him an opportunity to continue Star Road.

I do think Superstar Saga will set a precedent and teach some lessons on how to approach future games with things like leveling and grinding. Even if the main RPG system in this game might be somewhat of a slog, other stuff like mini-challenges and references are quite fun.
he could just abuse the mush badge and focus on everything but the fights
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Hell yes already super-pumped for RKS and RKS:F

QUESTION: Will those LPs include full playthroughs with the "secret" character in each game?
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

I don't think Superstar Saga is gonna be that big of a problem, that game's difficulty is broken. And then of course, there's the mush badges.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Stink Terios wrote: 6 years ago I don't think Superstar Saga is gonna be that big of a problem, that game's difficulty is broken. And then of course, there's the mush badges.
The difficulty is not the problem with 'raocow playing an rpg'
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Kilgamayan wrote: 6 years ago Hell yes already super-pumped for RKS and RKS:F
I knew nothing about those games, but out of all the trailers, their trailer in particular has me pumped as well.
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

raocow wrote: 6 years ago the former, a little bit of latter but mostly former
I was hoping for some Wario World, a personal favorite of mine, but I guess that falls under The Former as well
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

TBF, the only real concern in the patreon discord for M&L:SSS was "will raocow get his face smashed in because he leveld wrong like in that metroidvania that he quit playing?"
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

SAJewers wrote: 6 years ago TBF, the only real concern in the patreon discord for M&L:SSS was "will raocow get his face smashed in because he leveld wrong like in that metroidvania that he quit playing?"
mush badge

i cannot even begin to properly emphasize just how op it is so im gonna show a video in the spoilers of the final bosses that uses a version of it on both brothers

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

why is this even a conversation, yes i'm sure raocow can somehow find a way to beat a game aimed at children

really not the issue
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Voltgloss wrote: 6 years ago
Kilgamayan wrote: 6 years ago Hell yes already super-pumped for RKS and RKS:F
I knew nothing about those games, but out of all the trailers, their trailer in particular has me pumped as well.
They're really well-made MegaMan clones with an enjoyable story and homages out the ass - plenty of level segments are more or less lifted straight from various Mega Man games, but there's also plenty of Castlevania call outs as well as a handful of other games smattered about (to say nothing of the Game Over screens). They're also good challenges, harder than most Mega Man games but still easier than, say, MegaMari. The music is also wonderful despite being 99% free-to-use stuff.

If there's any downside it's that WOMI is not at all afraid to draw anime titties (oh man, his Pixiv account) and there's exactly one lesson we all took away from Chelsea and the 7 Devils.

I am totally not stanning for this franchise because my name is in the credits of the Steam releases no sirree

Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BuzzNBen
First name: Ben

Post by BuzzNBen »

Yes! I'm so thrilled you're going to play Superstar Saga. Just one question. Why is it listed in the B-side?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

even if it features mario, the gameplay is so unlike traditional platformers that it fits better as a b
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

That old poll on the request grab-bag where you asked if a Mario A-side and B-side can exist, still says a resounding YES.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Sebby19 wrote: 6 years ago That old poll on the request grab-bag where you asked if a Mario A-side and B-side can exist, still says a resounding YES.
This. Not sure how people forgot about it. And based on the size of the A-side queue, it's not unlikely that it could happen again even after SSS.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

I'm sure raocow will beat Mario & Luigi easily. The long-standing aversion to RPGs is just a matter of LP style not matching the type of gameplay.

In games with rpg elements, we've seen him ignore the RPG elements as much as possible. And he tends to read story text extremely quickly then move on. It's just not what these LPs are focused on. I'm not saying the M&L:SSS LP will necessarily be unfun, but it's a bad idea because the effort to extensively change the LP style doesn't seem worthwhile.
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Since it's on the list, let's look at it as an experiment now. Whichever way it goes, it sets a precedent for RPGs in the future. Maybe less so if it goes well than if it goes poorly, because there's enough going on in Mario and Luigi that it all should be entertaining to watch. Normal RPGs I could see having a lot of down time and ending up in a lot of cut footage.

But hey! If it goes well, that means we could be looking at a Bowser's Inside Story lp in the future!
LatexHydra

Post by LatexHydra »

woot, hollow knight! excited to see raocow absolutely plow through this game, making me think how much I probably sucked at it.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

it's mibibli time
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

mibbblibilblibibllbilbli