(shouting)

COMING UP NEXT now w/ BUCKET.TXT

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Post by Alice »

Plutia wrote: 6 years agoi'm going to vote for don't torture yourself with hyper 6
In contrast I vote for an ascetic run of it.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Hyper 6 sounds like an awful game if it forces it'd difficulty through marathon levels so I'd say skip it but I barely watch romhack LPs anymore anyways so ehh
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

if people are going to say things against hyper 6 it may force my hand to say play hyper 6, mostly since raocow actually planned to do so back in 2011 and we need to finally give payoff to that 7-year hanging plot point
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I agree to Hyper 6 if you can get peteyboo to come and talk about the LP
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I agree to getting peteyboo involved if raocow agrees to go to other levels to get outside power-ups to bring into new levels.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

ano0maly wrote: 6 years ago I agree to Hyper 6 if you can get peteyboo to come and talk about the LP
He told me he lost his account info or something but I'll mention it to him when he gets back from AGDQ. He's doing Wario's Woods and Super Mario 3D World.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Duothimir
oh okay
First name: Aaron
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Duothimir »

I think raocow should play "hurry up and get better already" next. Being sick sucks, man. :(
but why
Marcaek

Post by Marcaek »

raocow in the chance that this hyper 6 stuff isnt a prank you're pulling on us i gotta say maybe if you get far enough you should consider doing something like, bringing back PPR for the commentary and putting your full attention into the level for the first run once you get to around world 7\8. Echoing above people the game gets pretty mental around the endgame. Don't wanna see you 100% angrymode all the time because it's pretty realistic you're gonna be frustrated fairly often at that point
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Invite rotating guests instead (or just me) who make fun of you for dying to super-concentrated bullshit every single time until there is nothing left of you but an internally screaming, outwardly broken and sobbing shell of a person. Until you beat the level, of course, then you say "it had some neat ideas at the very least" and invite me for next day's session again because it went so well.

Or don't. Your call, really.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Ooh, I can provide snarky, insulting, unintelligent commentary!
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Um why is this link down now?

https://tinsin.neocities.org/cutemark/Chronocow.html

I thought it was a continually updated list of raocow's let's plays and I didn't expect it to be taken down after the Mosts.
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

My first message in a very long time, but has the next batch of B side projects been chosen yet? Aquaria was voted number 1 and I only see a couple of new games after that, one being the next campaign of Shovel Knight.

If yes, can anyone tell me if Hollow Knight has been chosen by soemone?
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

What's there is what's there. He hasn't done another patapon poll yet.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I asked raocow on is patreon post of Nov 16, when the next voting will be. Both A-side and B-side polls will be done at the same time as Shadow Knight.

As for a suggestion I would like to make, how about that games that are voted first, get played first. Aquaria won because a lot of people wanted it to be LP'd at the time. But judging by the lack of activity in the Aquaria thread, I'd say that interest has waned the year and a bit between the poll and the actual LP.
It's not often a thread for a raocow LP can go without a post for a couple days. And it would have been longer if I didn't feel the need to have something just be said (you'll see 3 days in a row where I was the only poster).

When people vote for a game, I think the general consensus is they want it played by rao sooner than eventually... after 20 other games of raocow's choosing.
Otherwise people might try to game the system of the voting results don't change.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

To be fair it doesn't help that Aquaria isn't exactly an LP friendly game (and as someone who has played the game I lost interest in the LP really fast)

Ori had plenty of interest and activity from what I remember so I'd say it more has to do with the game than the poll results

Regardless I'd still agree it makes more sense to play #1 first and work your way down since, I mean, #1 is the game people want to see the most :P
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Exactly
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I'll give Aquaria a fair shake when I have a bit more free time. It's just nice to have choices at the moment. Feel kind of spoiled with three different games going on.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I kind of see some persuasion in that argument. Maybe the next poll should have an additional question on whether the patrons want an ascending or a descending order.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

slight modification, I'm gonna play wario2 before doomsday as a way to unwind from haimari
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Not VB Wario Land? D:
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

raocow wrote: 6 years ago slight modification, I'm gonna play wario2 before doomsday as a way to unwind from haimari
doomsday mario forever
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
BuzzNBen
First name: Ben

Post by BuzzNBen »

raocow wrote: 6 years ago slight modification, I'm gonna play wario2 before doomsday as a way to unwind from haimari
Man, it's gonna be interesting to see you tackle Super Mario Bros Doomsday with years of SMW hacks under your belt. Just letting you know in advance, I did my best to make the game as fun and fair as possible. There should be a README file on that flash drive FusionWarrior gave you with more info on lets playing the game.

In the meantime, I'll be anticipating you playing Doomsday for just a bit longer, but I can wait. :D
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

You know, I've observed that lately the B-side (nonMario) let's plays are getting significantly less interest in the forum than the A-side (Mario) let's plays.

Here's a comparison of the current LP and the last 5 threads for completed LPs for A-side and B-side, with the posts-to-videos ratio (note that it's 25 posts per page):

B-Side

Full Bore (current) - 129/38 as of now (about 3.39:1)
Aquaria - 101/46 (about 2.20:1)
Earthworm Jim 1 & 2 - 153/24 (about 6.38:1)
Ori and the Blind Forest - 95/25 (3.8:1)
A Boy and His Blob - 168/47 (about 3.57:1)
Fly'N - 118/40 (2.95:1)

A-Side

Hyper VI (current) - 462/51 as of now (about 9.06:1)
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 - 107/15 (about 7.13:1)
Super Mario Land 1 & 2 - 96/14 (about 6.86:1)
SMB3 e-Reader Stages - 160/16 (10:1)
Mario's Keytastrophe: Rebirth Edition - 70/9 (about 7.78:1)
YUMP - 660/55 (12:1)

I've been thinking about reasons for this. Maybe people are more interested overall in A-side because it's all Mario games, either Nintendo-made or SMW romhacks, and most people here are savvy with those. Whereas, for B-side it's mostly various indie games, some obscure, and not many people might know them. (You can see the Earthworm Jim games have a higher posts-to-videos ratio than the others in the B-side group, an outlier given that these games are relatively well-known). The presence of C-side (Megaman), also a widely known franchise, might be sapping away interest that might have gone to B-side in the past.

I think it's time to get some new games in that B-side list that might really draw people's attention.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Well, I wasn't big on this Mario game so that got dropped, and a lot of the B-Side games have been ones I've either wanted to try at some point (Ori), ones I haven't cared about (EJ1&2), or ones that I haven't had time for (Full Bore). A Boy and His Blob was the last B-Side project I watched in full, and even that one was about ten vids in before I started.

The thing is, the vids that would get the most attention for raocow are the Mario hacks and official games or possibly Touhou stuff since that's what he's been known for! It's like how most of my Mega Man stuff usually gets way more attention than any Mario series I've done. I don't think it really matters as long as people are enjoying the runs. 100 views or 10k, it's not a big deal, and just about all of these B-Side games were voted on by the Patapon peeps anyway if I remember it right, so he's just fulfilling a promise here!

That's my take. I'm off now. Whoosh.

Edit: Ah, you meant for the boards here. Well, it's an extra topic that wouldn't have been here when there were only two sides. I'd imagine most attention would still go to Mario, then Mega Man, then the B-Side game unless it was something that a lot of people have stuff to say on.

Whoosh whoosh.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

ano0maly wrote: 6 years ago I think it's time to get some new games in that B-side list that might really draw people's attention.
No.

Next proposal