(shouting)

COMING UP NEXT now w/ BUCKET.TXT

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Emral
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Post by Emral »

Rednaxela wrote: 2 years ago If nothing else, I feel that's a notion that would lead to many hilarious voices assigned to characters. Question is, who in Phoenix Wright would earn the bowsermarisa voice.
gut reaction? emma
I do things. You can find them on my talkhaus site. https://enjl.talkhaus.com/
Here is another link. This one lets you draw.
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/draw.html
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Enjl wrote: 2 years ago
Rednaxela wrote: 2 years ago If nothing else, I feel that's a notion that would lead to many hilarious voices assigned to characters. Question is, who in Phoenix Wright would earn the bowsermarisa voice.
gut reaction? emma
Oldbag and Grossberg
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

I'll see your phoenix wright and raise you a ghost trick
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

That's not a good bet to make, given raocow already said no to it as a royal suggestion
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

thatguyif wrote: 2 years ago That's not a good bet to make, given raocow already said no to it as a royal suggestion
66 and 2/3% of all royal suggestions get a "no" response

that doesn't disqualify them from ever being played
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

No, but that also doesn't mean that it will be played either. And a lot of Ghost Trick fans here seem to treat it as an inevitability
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

thatguyif wrote: 2 years ago No, but that also doesn't mean that it will be played either. And a lot of Ghost Trick fans here seem to treat it as an inevitability
Did I say that somewhere?
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

Oh I wasn't referring to you specifically. I feel like there was a lot of chatter about it, and then there was this userbar:

(Granted, it said request and not pick, but I'm not going to make a thing about semantics here)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

thatguyif wrote: 2 years ago That's not a good bet to make, given raocow already said no to it as a royal suggestion
Just because raocow picked something else two times doesn't indicate that he won't play it eventually.
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

xfix wrote: 2 years ago
Just because raocow picked something else two times doesn't indicate that he won't play it eventually.
thatguyif wrote: 2 years ago No, but that also doesn't mean that it will be played either.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

he literally just said "rather than ace attorney, how about ghost trick" in response to people joking about raocow playing AA due to a pun, wtf are these posts accomplishing
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

I'm really excited for Starfox 64.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Since raocow isn't around, latest patreon pool has concluded, seeing Kirby's Dream Course adding to the up next list, with slime-san and blasphemous sticking around for the next poll.

Royale suggestions were Tadpole TroubleTreble, Bomberman Tournament, and Punchout (Wii); final selection has yet to be announced
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

SAJewers wrote: 2 years ago Since raocow isn't around, latest patreon pool has concluded, seeing Kirby's Dream Course adding to the up next list, with slime-san and blasphemous sticking around for the next poll.

Royale suggestions were Tadpole TroubleTreble, Bomberman Tournament, and Punchout (Wii); final selection has yet to be announced
You mean Tadpole Treble?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

indeed
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

i think i once saw a bomberman tournament lp on something awful and an overview of the game is basically bomberman 64 on the gamecube. jetterz is also a stripped down worse sequel nevermind i confused it with generation
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

SAJewers wrote: 2 years agoblasphemous
okay so, i need a pre-emptive warning if this game gets picked. so all the "blasphemy" that the main character is getting persecuted for, right? is the world like touhou where sanae had divine approval to ransack reimu's shrine (like, kanako's right there. reimu can talk to her. kanako admits she wanted to take over reimu's shrine.)
or is it like real life where a significant subset of the population in the world has come to the conclusion that there is absolutely no one giving orders to the religious whackos except themselves and societal pressure
Leet

Post by Leet »

i didnt play it yet but its based on real life spanish catholicism
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

Spanish Catholicism, yeah. (Dev's from Andalucia, I think?) Also quite a bit of Portuguese Catholic elements, particularly from the south.

Makes me wonder if there's a connection to that aspect of Catholicism there and the fact that these were the last bastions of Islam before the Reconquista concluded.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

i meant more "how much can we tell if their god is real, and if so, do they approve of all this garbage done in their name"

"yes and yes" is pretty much my nightmare scenario if i die, see
Leet

Post by Leet »

well i have good news: we don't live in the video game blasphemous
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Leet wrote: 2 years ago well i have good news: we don't live in the video game blasphemous
i asked a question about the story to the people who had played and recommended blasphemous because a cursory search didn't give me the answers i needed. i did not come to have that question be dismissed simply because i am emotionally affected by fictional ideas and events. that trait of mine is utterly normal, shared by most of the human species, and me wanting a warning before watching raocow play it does not deny him the right to play it or anybody else the right to watch. please don't belittle me.
Leet

Post by Leet »

well theres that tasty "everything on the internet is hostile" juice alright
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

TiKi wrote: 2 years ago i meant more "how much can we tell if their god is real, and if so, do they approve of all this garbage done in their name"
Spoilers for Blasphemous:
There is some kind of magic which causes mutations and transformations. No actual divine figure appears, it's all simply people and a church worshipping a strange phenomena referred to as "The Miracle" despite the fact its behaviour is erratic, random and sometimes cruel. So there might be a malicious deity, or it might just be chaotic and mindless forces interpreted as divine. The game is extremely evocative of the worst excesses of Catholicism, and especially the fetishisation and idolisation of suffering.
I was able to gather this with a cursory glance at the wikipedia article.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Leet wrote: 2 years ago well theres that tasty "everything on the internet is hostile" juice alright
If you mean I was calling your post hostile, I wasn't. I was calling your post dismissive, which I have a hard time reading it as anything but. If you mean I was acting hostile, being dismissed and having to justify an action you thought you wouldn't have to justify tends to make people a little ticked off, yeah. Doesn't "having to justify an action you thought you wouldn't have to justify" describe the reason people have historically called me pugnacious, actually?
BobisOnlyBob wrote: 2 years ago
TiKi wrote: 2 years ago i meant more "how much can we tell if their god is real, and if so, do they approve of all this garbage done in their name"
Spoilers for Blasphemous:
There is some kind of magic which causes mutations and transformations. No actual divine figure appears, it's all simply people and a church worshipping a strange phenomena referred to as "The Miracle" despite the fact its behaviour is erratic, random and sometimes cruel. So there might be a malicious deity, or it might just be chaotic and mindless forces interpreted as divine. The game is extremely evocative of the worst excesses of Catholicism, and especially the fetishisation and idolisation of suffering.
I was able to gather this with a cursory glance at the wikipedia article.
Don't I feel like an idiot? I had went to TV Tropes to look it up when Wikipedia was there the whole time. Thanks for the information, especially the detail you put into your answer.