(shouting)

COMING UP NEXT now w/ BUCKET.TXT

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Koopster
judge of u

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Post by Koopster »

:kood:
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

not double yump?

into the trash it goes
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Sinc-X
uncreative title
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sinc-X »

good luck
idol
its only scary if its wet
First name: idol
Pronouns: she/her

Post by idol »

yump 2 is a great hack, but it's very sadistic. keep in mind rao if you choose to lp it, it'll probably be the hardest hack you've ever done before. expect many long sessions.
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

harder than what the hell?
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
idol

Post by idol »

yes. this is an 100+ exit count full of maw of the beast tier puzzles, kldc level kaizo, and classic VIP endgame content.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: COMING UP LATER

Post by Awoo »

raocow wrote: 3 years ago yo yump 2 just got releaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaased !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So Vip VI back on hold, or will you complete that first? :rao:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

raocow wrote: 3 years ago yo yump 2 just got releaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaased !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there's a yump 2???

i JUST binged all of yump because you put vip6 on hold and i needed suffering

cant wait to see Lazy both on and off chill
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

idol wrote: 3 years ago yes. this is an 100+ exit count full of maw of the beast tier puzzles, kldc level kaizo, and classic VIP endgame content.
How does it compare to S Mario, for reference as well?

edit: also xfix told him he could probably beat it savestateless final level aside, so blame them
Awoo wrote: 3 years ago
So Vip VI back on hold, or will you complete that first? :rao:
After, if his comments on discord are to be believed.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

rip donkey kong country land 3
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
idol

Post by idol »

SAJewers wrote: 3 years ago
idol wrote: 3 years ago yes. this is an 100+ exit count full of maw of the beast tier puzzles, kldc level kaizo, and classic VIP endgame content.
How does it compare to S Mario, for reference as well
it gets harder than s mario and has more levels than s mario by a lot
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Ohhhhh yeahhhhhhhh!!!!!! can't wait to get in arguments over whether we are allowed to call it good or not enjoy the LP because we can like whatever we wish
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Hopefully we don't get any more level names like that one. That level's name was truly the icing on the cake for how awful it is.
gbreeze

Post by gbreeze »

TiKi wrote: 3 years ago Hopefully we don't get any more level names like that one. That level's name was truly the icing on the cake for how awful it is.
There is nothing in the hack remotely related to that level, so no worries. Also, the author of that level himself is gay, so it's unlikely it was meant to be an insult.

Either way, there is nothing like that in YUMP 2 at all. This hack is BRUTALLY hard, the hardest hack the jump team has made yet in my opinion, make no mistake. But there's nothing like that level. We tried to make sure the difficulty was always legitimate, and not total bs like that level.

Anyway. To give my opinion on the matter, I think YUMP 2 is a very entertaining and unique hack, but it's definitely very kaizo, moreso than previous jump works. And when I say kaizo, I don't mean "it's pretty tough and maybe has a shell jump". I mean straight up similar to Invictus/GPW2/Storks, modern, instant-retry kaizo.

I think there's stuff in the hack raocow would like, and stuff he would absolutely hate. So make of that what you will lol
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

so what I'm hearing is that it's gonna follow pretty seamlessly from vip6 end/postgame
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

godspeed raocow
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

yeah the first two levels were brutal for me and i’ve played more than a fair share of hacks at this point. it ain’t great for a casual player, but you’re certainly not casual. it’ll be an experience - enjoy.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

I wish there were something I could say to get raocow not to play it, but, I fear, it is written.
dont wanna jihad no more
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

i mean, it didn't take much to convince him in the first place
Annotation 2020-07-05 091755.png
Annotation 2020-07-05 091755.png (18.75 KiB) Viewed 3912 times
Annotation 2020-07-05 091823.png
Annotation 2020-07-05 091823.png (13.76 KiB) Viewed 3912 times
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

YUMP honestly felt more like a vip6 than vip6 so i cant wait for YUMP2 to feel like vip666
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

For what it's worth, authorblues said on his stream last night that he's probably going to stream YUMP 2 at some point in the next couple weeks. He seems pretty hype for it
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

So at this point I’m _mostly_ beyond getting upset over every mention of past creator-bashing that people are once again digging back up in response to yump 2. the hundredth yump 38 joke. minmax. the 2k1x postgame level _that raocow somehow stumbled into early and discovered a new frame-perfect glitch in_.

At this point I just want to know why the fuck jump team purposefully made

a 35-section level explicitly for the schadenfraude

and then

used pseudonyms but allow players to unlock the real names at the end

. And doing all this knowing how freaking vindictive this community can be between the youtube comments and discord. That’s just asking for another mess. That’s giving people fuel to retroactively justify every grudge they’ve been nursing for years, not just against the jump series but anyone who’s made a mario thing raocow struggled with.

I’m sick of this fandom that actively downplays or encourages people treating bad mario fan content as egregious crimes while dragging in unsuspecting devs who may have never heard of raocow or the talkhaus/spotzone by getting rao to play games from adjacent communities.

I’m sick of hearing about the few devs going out of their way to elicit those responses at the expense of the ones who are fucking TERRIFIED of raofans and want to so desperately to make something that doesn’t get on raocow’s bad side so they don’t experience his viewers’ vitriol.

I’m sick of raocow himself discouraging this kind of behavior on some occasions and then jokingly encouraging it on others. I’m sick of seeing bad faith arguments conflating hate and harassment with constructive criticism. I’m sick, and I’m sure a lot of other people are too, of me slipping up out of exasperation and taking things too far, then profusely apologizing and ending things on the note of “nah there’s no issue, rixi just blew up and started ranting again” and nothing meaningful coming out of it. I am godawful at arguing this stuff and I should not be the one taking a stand about it. But it feels like nobody else will, like I’m one of the few people who’s still willing to even semi-publicly voice this sentiment and hasn’t completely resigned to accepting the toxicity. That there’s been this glaring, chronic issue that people are willing to acknowledge in relatively private spaces but almost every time it comes up here on the forums it’s just written off as meaningless drama by the next week and the frustrated reactions are equated to the passive-aggressiveness, backhanded-statements, discouraging rhetoric and outright hostility that prompted them.

This fandom is simultaneously the kindest, most generous one I know while still being absolutely vicious at times. I don’t want to consider it a lost cause, but there are times where it feels like the bad outweighs the good — no, giving raocow exceptional christmas and birthday gifts DOES NOT negate or make up for bullying other people out of the romhacking and mario fangame scenes — and I‘m tempted to just give up on a2xt2 and everything because I’m just so sick of it all. Today is one of those days I find myself questioning why I’m putting so much energy toward a community seemingly so unwilling to extend even a fraction of the forgiveness they show raocow to the people who make the games he plays on video. Why I’ve poured so much of my life and so much faith into this fandom when if there’s anything that this year has hammered home about fandoms in general it’s that they ALL have a bad if not downright awful side, no exceptions.

And raocow, you’re a great guy but you can’t stay hands-off and neutral forever and expect everything to sort itself out. People base their judgments on games and levels from YOUR experiences with them, and when you have a bad time in an LP for factors beyond the creators’ control the creators get blamed for it anyway. Your fans do listen to you when you have something to say so if you’re not going to ask for more civil critique, or try and find someone to moderate your youtube comments or anything like that, PLEASE at least stop egging on the toxicity with jokes and pinning comments that engage in it.

And if you’re going to keep avoiding savestates where most players would resort to them, or keep risking one-more-leveling in hard hacks, more reminders that your play experience isn’t going to reflect that of the average player would go a long way as well. Because between your LPs’ mission statements and the considerations you need to make for the sake of them being entertaining for your viewers, you’ll usually end up going further and getting angrier than most players would bother with a given game/level. By virtue of your medium and personal policy you’re both a critic/judge and an entertainer, and while that makes for engaging content for your audience and it’s not an issue for AAA and big indie titles, it’s not fair to smaller hobbyist devs who didn’t volunteer for that kind of attention.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

On the whole, I see way more conflating criticism to harassment, and not the other way around.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
idol

Post by idol »

hm... yump 2 good? discuss.
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker

Post by Super Maks 64 »

The only thing that should happen, is for devs/romhackers to learn to never take raocow's community seriously.